Windows 10: I moved a folder from my document folder on my c drive to a drive with an SD card

Discus and support I moved a folder from my document folder on my c drive to a drive with an SD card in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my problem is I moved a folder from my document folder on my c drive to a drive with an SD card. the folder moved but not my files in the folder. That... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JaniceBryant, Jan 17, 2019.

1. I moved a folder from my document folder on my c drive to a drive with an SD card

my problem is I moved a folder from my document folder on my c drive to a drive with an SD card. the folder moved but not my files in the folder. That folder is empty and it is no longer under my documents folder on my c drive. they are not in my recycle bin. I need to find out where they did they go or how to find them?

:)

JaniceBryant, Jan 17, 2019

2. Is is possible to move the Documents and Settings to a seperate HDD

Hey all, i have my computer up and running again. I was wondering if there was a way to move the Documents and Settings Folder off of the C: drive and to a separate Hard Drive. I know you can move the My Documents folder over but i don't know if its possible to move the whole documents and settings folder?

Any Help Would be appreciated

pepsi71ocean, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Moving One Drive to the Micro SD Card on Surface 3

I Just bought a 64 GB Surface 3 and a 128 GB Micro SD card to expand the storage capacity. I would like to move my One Drive to the Micro SD card since the total size of the files I have on One Drive exceeds the amount of space I have available on the
    C drive. Is there a way to do this? I know I can copy the entire One Drive folder to the SD card but I haven't been able to move it so that when I do update a document stored there, it will update it on the SD card. Does anyone know how to do this?

DanielRenshaw, Jan 9, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

I moved a folder from my document folder on my c drive to a drive with an SD card

Turned Hard Drive into Music folder

• Create a folder on the D drive and name it 'Music'
    • Move all the files and folders that should be in the Music folder into this new folder
    • Then in Quick Access, right click the Windows Music Library, select Properties
    • Then on the location Tab, set its location to the new 'Music' folder
    • When asked if you want to merge contents - Select 'No'
    • Click 'Apply' and 'OK'

If you want you can leave the music folder on the D Drive, or you can then click 'Restore Default' to move it back onto the C Drive

If needs be for the Documents folder, you can perform the same operation by creating a new Documents folder on the D Drive

NOTE: the important step is (5) do not merge the contents . . .

DaveM121, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

I moved a folder from my document folder on my c drive to a drive with an SD card

1. I moved a folder from my document folder on my c drive to a drive with an SD card - Similar Threads - moved folder document

2. Backing up Folder to SD drive from C:/

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backing up Folder to SD drive from C:/: When I do a backup of a folder that I updated, the entire folder is being transferred as a copy. This never used to happen. Previously only the new files would transfer to the pre-existing backup folder. I would be prompted to only include new files and the backup would get...
  3. Backing up Folder to SD drive from C:/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backing up Folder to SD drive from C:/: When I do a backup of a folder that I updated, the entire folder is being transferred as a copy. This never used to happen. Previously only the new files would transfer to the pre-existing backup folder. I would be prompted to only include new files and the backup would get...
  4. Backing up Folder to SD drive from C:/

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...: At first, I accidentally moved the Documents folder to the root drive folder E:/ and I moved it back by restoring registry files to their defaults.Now I correctly made a Documents folder E:/Documents and moved the folder there. However, while I can access the folder from the...
  6. Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...

Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...: At first, I accidentally moved the Documents folder to the root drive folder E:/ and I moved it back by restoring registry files to their defaults.Now I correctly made a Documents folder E:/Documents and moved the folder there. However, while I can access the folder from the...
  7. I save docs Documents folder on my C Drive and they are not showing in the Documents folder...

I save docs Documents folder on my C Drive and they are not showing in the Documents folder...: I followed a thread that's closed and DaveM121 gave an answer that makes sense to me and that I've confirmed--however, I don't see the two registry changes that I could make to remedy this. Can anyone help? My registry is attached. Here is the posting from DaveM121 that got...
  8. I save docs Documents folder on my C Drive and they are not showing in the Documents folder...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I save docs Documents folder on my C Drive and they are not showing in the Documents folder...: I followed a thread that's closed and DaveM121 gave an answer that makes sense to me and that I've confirmed--however, I don't see the two registry changes that I could make to remedy this. Can anyone help? My registry is attached. Here is the posting from DaveM121 that got...
  9. I save docs Documents folder on my C Drive and they are not showing in the Documents folder...

10. Can't Move Documents Folder From C to D Drive

Can't Move Documents Folder From C to D Drive: I have not been able to move my documents folder from my C drive, which is a solid state drive, to my D drive, which is a regular hard drive. I've tried going into the folder properties and changing the location, but it doesn't move. I do not have One Drive installed on my...