Windows 10: I moved my my roaming folder to another drive and need help safely moving it back.

Discus and support I moved my my roaming folder to another drive and need help safely moving it back. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was looking for ways to free up some space on my C drive cause its quite small and read I could move my appdata folders to another drive. I only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ZachYoung5, May 8, 2022.

1. I moved my my roaming folder to another drive and need help safely moving it back.

I was looking for ways to free up some space on my C drive cause its quite small and read I could move my appdata folders to another drive. I only moved the roaming folder and not the local and locallow folder before realizing it was a bad move. Now all the files from my roaming folder are in another drive though there original roaming folder is still there in my c drive but only takes up ~1gb compared to the 6gb it was before. How can I move these files back to the original roaming folder?

:)

ZachYoung5, May 8, 2022
  2. scopio Win User

Moving Public Folder to another drive

I have been asked to install an HDD in a church pc which only has a 224GB SanDisk SSD which is running out of space.
    The problem I can foresee is that the church uses an application called SongPro which insists to install in the C:\Users\Programs File (x86) and the data files in the
    C:\Users\Public\SongPro5 folder and does not give the option to be installed software
    on another drive.
    I have searched the web if and how the Public folder can be moved to another drive and found that it can be done using the following steps;

1. COPY (don’t MOVE) the C:\USERS\PUBLIC folder to a different disk or partition
    2. Click the START button and type REGEDIT (not case sensitive) and press enter
    3. Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > MICROSOFT > WINDOWS NT > CURRENT VERSION > PROFILE LIST
    4. Double click on PUBLIC
    5. Correct the path
    6. Reboot the PC
    7. Go to C:\USERS\PUBLIC and delete everything
    Can someone here please confirm if the SongPro software is installed in C:\Users\Programs File (x86) (the SSD) and the path Public\SongPro5 folder moved to another folder will work?

I moved my my roaming folder to another drive and need help safely moving it back. [​IMG]

I moved my my roaming folder to another drive and need help safely moving it back. [​IMG]

scopio, May 8, 2022
  3. Moving to Folders

Hello Krishnan,

Let's work on this. You can follow the steps provided below to help move photos and videos on a new folder:

• Swipe left and select File Explorer app.
    • Choose the folder where the photos and videos are saved.
    • Select the items you want to move.
    • Press the Move button.
    • You can create a New folder by pressing the Ellipsis (. . .) button or you can press the
      Up button located at the right side corner of the screen to move the items to an existing folder.
    • Tap Check or Done button when finished.

We're here if you need further assistance.

Timoteo IV Ofr, May 8, 2022
  4. I moved my my roaming folder to another drive and need help safely moving it back.

Is it safe to move the AppData Folder?

Hello,

i want to ask if moving the AppData Folder to my D: Drive with symlinks AND changing the path in the registry is helpfull.

I'm asking this, because i want to outsource my User Folder from the normal C: Drive which is a small SSD.

I know it could be unstable and not very performant, but is it safe to move? I had Problems moving the Program Files and Program Files (x86) Folder to my D: Drive where i couldn't install updates properely. It just matters if the System can't work with that
    way.

Timo Schaller, May 8, 2022
Thema:

I moved my my roaming folder to another drive and need help safely moving it back.

1. I moved my my roaming folder to another drive and need help safely moving it back. - Similar Threads - moved roaming folder

2. Moving desktop folder to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving desktop folder to another drive: Hi all. I have just had to reinstall windoes due booting problems. I want to move desktop, documents folders etc to another drive. I know how to do it right click, properties, location, move but the issue I have is that I already have these folders on another drive due to the...
  3. Moving desktop folder to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving desktop folder to another drive: Hi all. I have just had to reinstall windoes due booting problems. I want to move desktop, documents folders etc to another drive. I know how to do it right click, properties, location, move but the issue I have is that I already have these folders on another drive due to the...
  4. I moved my my roaming folder to another drive and need help safely moving it back.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I moved my my roaming folder to another drive and need help safely moving it back.: I was looking for ways to free up some space on my C drive cause its quite small and read I could move my appdata folders to another drive. I only moved the roaming folder and not the local and locallow folder before realizing it was a bad move. Now all the files from my...
  5. I moved my my roaming folder to another drive and need help safely moving it back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I moved my my roaming folder to another drive and need help safely moving it back.: I was looking for ways to free up some space on my C drive cause its quite small and read I could move my appdata folders to another drive. I only moved the roaming folder and not the local and locallow folder before realizing it was a bad move. Now all the files from my...
  6. I Can't Move My Roaming Appdata Folder To The Original Folder

I Can't Move My Roaming Appdata Folder To The Original Folder: Hi So I Am Experiencing Some Issue So I have Moved My Roaming Appdata Folder To My D: Drive, And Today I Wanted That To Get Moved To My Original Folder Which Is In My C: Drive, But When I Tried To Move It, It Said The File Name And Extension Is Too Long, Is There Another...
  7. I Can't Move My Roaming Appdata Folder To The Original Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Can't Move My Roaming Appdata Folder To The Original Folder: Hi So I Am Experiencing Some Issue So I have Moved My Roaming Appdata Folder To My D: Drive, And Today I Wanted That To Get Moved To My Original Folder Which Is In My C: Drive, But When I Tried To Move It, It Said The File Name And Extension Is Too Long, Is There Another...
  8. I Can't Move My Roaming Appdata Folder To The Original Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Moving Folders to Another Drive

Moving Folders to Another Drive: I wanted to move some folders to another drive and found this article, https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-tip-move-your-default-data-folders-to-a-different-drive/#:~:text=To%20make%20the%20move%2C%20open,new%20location%20for%20that%20folder.I followed the steps to move...
  10. revert moving appdata roaming to another drive, back to c:\ drive

revert moving appdata roaming to another drive, back to c:\ drive: I decided to move my appdata roaming folder by using the location tab to another drive. I now have two appdata roaming folders one in c:\ drive and one in d:\ drive. after further googling i found out that i should really keep the roaming folder on the c:\ where it belongs....