Windows 10: I moved some admin files in Local Disk C and changed some settings how to reset just disk c...

Discus and support I moved some admin files in Local Disk C and changed some settings how to reset just disk c... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I moved the downloads,documents folders from its correct place to another location. Now am not able to move it back and it asks me for admin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NiranjanShyam, Feb 11, 2021.

1. I moved some admin files in Local Disk C and changed some settings how to reset just disk c...

I moved the downloads,documents folders from its correct place to another location. Now am not able to move it back and it asks me for admin permissions all the time. Also downloads is not working : . Please help am just a student and i need these, please.

:)

NiranjanShyam, Feb 11, 2021

2. How to move C:\...\Appdata\Local to other disk?

Hi Johann Eva,

So there isn't a way to move files from Appdata\Local. OK.... if you could help me at "Is there a way to move ProgramData" folder. However, I just want to move one folder whic is located at ProgramData C:\ProgramData\Epic Is there a way
    to move it to other disk.

Just in Case, I want to move EpicGames and Fortnite folders. Because my disk C is "Frozen" and my disk E isn't

Good Luck,

Josue Franco Jaldin, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Monkey57 Win User
    .tmp files in my Local Disk (CI moved some admin files in Local Disk C and changed some settings how to reset just disk c... :)

What is the location for 'your' Temporary Internet Files:

Please see:

Change location of TEMP files folder to another drive

Start Internet Explorer.

On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.

On the General tab, click Settings.

Click Move Folder. [move only if not set to default, or you need to move to another drive]

Click the folder you created in Step 1.

Click OK, click OK, and then click OK again.

Restart your computer

and

Microsft Edge has become extremely slow

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click on the Gearicon, and select Internet Options.
    • On the General tab, under Browsing History, go to Settings.
    • On the Temporary Internet Filestab, click on Move folder. [move only if not set to default, or you need to move to another drive]

Default location is -

C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\

i.e.->C:\Users\JoeCool\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\

See also:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/deploy/usmt-recognized-environment-variables

TEMP-The temporary folder on the computer. A typical path is %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp.

TMP-The temporary folder on the computer. A typical path is %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp.

To check your values -> in cortana type 'Advanced System Settings' (click on the best matched results)- Advanced Tab - Click 'Environmental Variables' button - make sure your TEMP and Tmp show the variables above.

After changing the 'Environmental Variables'->Reboot.

Run a Disk Cleanup with all the boxes checked in the final dialog box.

Disk cleanup in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17421/windows-free-up-drive-space

Remove the temp folders/files in the root C:\.

Is your data backed up with FileHistory, OneDrive, or something->

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...onto-the/a0977ed7-e796-405b-be25-fa41441fc4b0

If your 'Environmental Variables' had the correct defaults, Please post back.

Monkey57, Feb 11, 2021
  4. I moved some admin files in Local Disk C and changed some settings how to reset just disk c...

local disk C: icon

My Local disk C: icon changed to a file suddenly.

what can be the cause and how can I solve the problem please.

WinstonNyamadi, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

I moved some admin files in Local Disk C and changed some settings how to reset just disk c...

1. I moved some admin files in Local Disk C and changed some settings how to reset just disk c... - Similar Threads - moved admin files

2. Local Disk C full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local Disk C full: 2 weeks ago, my laptop, running Windows 10 22H2, 8GB RAM, had local disk c with just 10GB of free space, out of 300GB. I uninstalled some softwares, three of which notably are huge, more than 60GB disk space MATLAB, Mentor Graphics Hyperlynx and Ansys Electromagnetic Suite....
  3. Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Disk C: So I downloaded Yuzu yesterday and was trying to play a game. It ended up not working so I went to delete the application. It turns out I accidently used 100 gigabytes. It was because I kept downloading the same game 9 times onto the Yuzu emulator. I deleted Yuzu and the...
  4. Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Disk C: So I downloaded Yuzu yesterday and was trying to play a game. It ended up not working so I went to delete the application. It turns out I accidently used 100 gigabytes. It was because I kept downloading the same game 9 times onto the Yuzu emulator. I deleted Yuzu and the...
  5. Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local Disk C: I could not extend my Local Disk C https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-c/3fdefca0-8100-44ef-824d-0564cef61e92
  6. local disk C

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    local disk C: Hi, After reinstalled Windows 10 in the desktop, the Local Disk C: goes to the SSD 32GB. It is full as only 29 GB. At the same time, there is a Windows F: appears in the HHD 2TB with 1.8TB volume, mainly empty files. Due to no volume in the Local Disk C, I cannot...
  7. move some files from disk C to disk D/E

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    move some files from disk C to disk D/E: Hello, i want to ask what should i do to move some files from disk C to disk D/E because my disk C is almost full. And what kind of file that i can move? Thank you very much...
  8. Problem with local disk C:

Problem with local disk C:: Hi guys,I have problem with local disk C:.I wanna defragment him but I did something wrong.Now when I wanna open local disk C: I cant.There is error "acces is deined.I cant run nothing and download.I cant restart computer idk why.I can click 1000 times but there is nothing.If...
  9. unlock local disk c

unlock local disk c: Hi,I am Cyrus.I locked my local disk C and all now I get is access denied.I do not have any administrator rights anymore.However I have accessed "Administrator:X\windows\system32\cmd.exe" and I have taken control of drive C via that "command promt".I don't know next command...
  10. How to move C:\...\Appdata\Local to other disk?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to move C:\...\Appdata\Local to other disk?: Hello everyone!... Last week, I have been trying a lot of stuff to move my files from Appdata. However creating a symbolic link is not enough. I got PC's where i could change the location just by clicking to properties(Going to Location and changing it manually), but they...