Windows 10: I moved the downloads folder to one drive, but now I can't move it back

Discus and support I moved the downloads folder to one drive, but now I can't move it back in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I wanted One Drive to backup my downloads folders so I googled how to do it and found this link.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LisaBristow, Jan 21, 2022.

1. I moved the downloads folder to one drive, but now I can't move it back

I wanted One Drive to backup my downloads folders so I googled how to do it and found this link. https://superuser.com/questions/1586240/back-up-the-download-folder-on-win10-in-onedriveI just wanted to test it out, but now I cannot move the downloads folder back to the original location. When I click "properties" on the "downloads" folder it has been renamed to One Drive and has the following path: C:\Users\bristThere is no "location" option or ability to restore defaults. Does anyone know how to put the Downloads folder back where it was?

:)

LisaBristow, Jan 21, 2022
  2. spunk Win User

Moving download folder

As the link in Post #4 suggests, you have to Move the folder using the Location tab in it's Properties. This will overwrite any files you have in the Download Folder on the Backup drive if they are the same.

Move Location of Downloads Folder in Windows 10

spunk, Jan 21, 2022
  3. Ernie San Win User
    moving download folder

Hello,

There are lot of possible causes why you're unable to move your downloaded folder. This may be due to corrupted profile or corrupted system files. For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue? If yes, can you tell us more about it?
    • Just to clarify, are you using the administrator access when moving the downloaded files?

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Jan 21, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

I moved the downloads folder to one drive, but now I can't move it back

move download folder to other drive in windows 10

You can move your Downloads folder, in fact you can move any of your library folders, but it has to be done in a specific way to avoid conflicts. I have moved all my Library folders moved to my data drive, and I keep my SSD for the OS and Application

• Open File Explorer, right click your Downloads folder and choose Properties
    • Click on the Location Tab
    • Type a new location into the box provided

I moved the downloads folder to one drive, but now I can't move it back f6f384fd-b7e6-4387-ae25-21a5adcd6001.jpg

NOTE: you must provide the new location in the form of a folder for example D:\Downloads

Many users have made the mistake of just entering D:\ and expect the downloads folder to be created automatically, this is not the case and their files and folders have ended up all over their D drive

DaveM121, Jan 21, 2022
Thema:

I moved the downloads folder to one drive, but now I can't move it back

1. I moved the downloads folder to one drive, but now I can't move it back - Similar Threads - moved downloads folder

2. Tried to move Downloads folder to D drive, messed it up, can't move it back now, please help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tried to move Downloads folder to D drive, messed it up, can't move it back now, please help: I wanted to move my user account folders to it, so my documents, downloads, music, pictures, etc. I moved my downloads folder to the root directory instead of to a folder called "downloads," and now my downloads are mixed in with my other folders and it's just messy. I tried...
  3. Tried to move Downloads folder to D drive, messed it up, can't move it back now, please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tried to move Downloads folder to D drive, messed it up, can't move it back now, please help: I wanted to move my user account folders to it, so my documents, downloads, music, pictures, etc. I moved my downloads folder to the root directory instead of to a folder called "downloads," and now my downloads are mixed in with my other folders and it's just messy. I tried...
  4. Tried to move Downloads folder to D drive, messed it up, can't move it back now, please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't move Downloads folder to folder in hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't move Downloads folder to folder in hard drive: I have my Downloads folder in my SSD but I wan't to move it to a custom folder in my hard drive but when i do, i get this message: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-move-downloads-folder-to-folder-in-hard-drive/949fe106-307d-4f90-9eb6-65281aa45fdb
  6. Can't move Downloads folder to folder in hard drive

Can't move Downloads folder to folder in hard drive: I have my Downloads folder in my SSD but I wan't to move it to a custom folder in my hard drive but when i do, i get this message: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-move-downloads-folder-to-folder-in-hard-drive/949fe106-307d-4f90-9eb6-65281aa45fdb
  7. I moved the downloads folder to one drive, but now I can't move it back

I moved the downloads folder to one drive, but now I can't move it back: I wanted One Drive to backup my downloads folders so I googled how to do it and found this link. https://superuser.com/questions/1586240/back-up-the-download-folder-on-win10-in-onedriveI just wanted to test it out, but now I cannot move the downloads folder back to the...
  8. I moved the downloads folder to one drive, but now I can't move it back

I moved the downloads folder to one drive, but now I can't move it back: I wanted One Drive to backup my downloads folders so I googled how to do it and found this link. https://superuser.com/questions/1586240/back-up-the-download-folder-on-win10-in-onedriveI just wanted to test it out, but now I cannot move the downloads folder back to the...
  9. Tried to move Downloads folder to D drive, messed it up, can't move it back now, please help

Tried to move Downloads folder to D drive, messed it up, can't move it back now, please help: I installed a new SSD in my laptop and it works great. I wanted to move my user account folders to it, so my documents, downloads, music, pictures, etc. I moved my downloads folder to the root directory instead of to a folder called "downloads," and now my downloads are mixed...
  10. OneDrive moved my Pictrues and Documents folder and now I can't move them back to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive moved my Pictrues and Documents folder and now I can't move them back to...: Hey all! I'm sure this is a common issue, but I can't fix it. I need my Documents folder and Pictures folder to not be in %USERPROFILE%/OneDrive. How do I fix this? Lots of things I have on my computer rely on the default filepath and I don't want to change every program to...