Windows 10: I Must be one lucky person

Discus and support I Must be one lucky person in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two 15" HP Envy Touchsmart laptops and an MS SP2 Pro and upgraded all three of the from 8.1 to 10. All three upgrades went about as smooth as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bondr006, Aug 4, 2015.

1. bondr006 Win User

I Must be one lucky person

I have two 15" HP Envy Touchsmart laptops and an MS SP2 Pro and upgraded all three of the from 8.1 to 10. All three upgrades went about as smooth as you could ask for. I was having a couple of problems on one of my Envy's and the upgrade to 10 fixed the problems. After reading all the problems that people are having upgrading their machines to 10, I feel very lucky to have no problems whatsoever. I have been using Windows since 3.1 and I can honestly say that in my opinion, Win10 is the best OS MS has put out so far. I hope all the people having problems can get them solved so they can start enjoying Win10 as much as I am.

I Must be one lucky person [​IMG]

I Must be one lucky person [​IMG]

:)

bondr006, Aug 4, 2015

2. E 90 funny sound when making a call

Setting aside for us being an IDIOT buying this. we must admit that this is a great phone. I myself is one of the few lucky ones, not experiencing any problem witht he phone and in fact happy with. Of course there are some, common issues but still happy
    with it... i guess, im one of those lucky idiots...

technogeekchris, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Why Latin America is the last region to get new cell phones?

Well, then you must accept yourself as lucky! This Nokia 5800 is pretty far from being so callaed "iPhone killer". It seems this product is shipped very early with SEVERAL PROBLEMS -just to avoid the iPhone to hold the entire touch screen phone market.

My 5800 has so many unacceptable problems that I personally wouldn't buy one if I knew.

byteman---01, Aug 4, 2015
  4. I Must be one lucky person

You are not the only one. I upgraded on July 29th as soon as I woke up at 3AM. Took less then 20 minutes running Windows 10 with all my programs running without fail. Moments later returned to playing Feed the Beast, no issues what so ever.

logicearth, Aug 4, 2015
  5. bondr006 Win User
    Great to hear logicearth. I sincerely hope that what we experienced is what the majority experiences.

bondr006, Aug 4, 2015
  6. sn00ker Win User
    Oh, don't worry I'm sure you're going to find some issues, remember it is a new birth lol

sn00ker, Aug 4, 2015
  7. McrRed Win User
    3 laptops and a desktop, all of different specs and OSs. All upgraded fine (so far!)

McrRed, Aug 4, 2015
  8. dougout Win User

Four PC's upgraded for me. One needed a reinstall of Windows Office 365 but other than that it was great fun.

dougout, Aug 4, 2015
  9. RWOne Win User
    6 total systems at my residence.

My main system was the only one that gave me issues, and that was the need to disconnect my extra SATA drives during the install.

The others were three laptops of varying ages, none less than two years old, one was 6 years old, two other desktops that were also a couple years old.

RWOne, Aug 4, 2015
  10. McrRed Win User
    By the way I/we don't mean to be smug.
    it's just that so many people have had problems ... and they always post to try and get solutions.
    Anyone who's had a faultless install doesn't say anything so it looks like it's a really bug prone os to update to.

McrRed, Aug 4, 2015
  11. KACI Win User
    l installed 10 on 2 desktops and a laptop. My only issue was on my main pc where I had to unplug and then replug in my keyboard and I had to remove and reinsert my gpu. Has run like a champ ever since.

12. RWOne Win User
    Well that's absolutely true. /smugness here ... Which is why you have to separate the ranting from the issues posted *Smile

I've said it more than once:

Imagine a world where there are millions of PC's each with their own HW / SW loadouts - and the majority of those will update to 10 without MAJOR issues... Quite a feat.

For those in the know, if you have a major issue, or minor one, you come here, and we, the community, will help you, that's what it's all about.

RWOne, Aug 4, 2015
  13. cameos Win User

I have 4 Win7 home premium/Win8.1 home+pro laptops and 1 Win8.1 home tablet, and my parents have 2 Win7 home premium laptops, I upgrade them all smoothly. But later I found all the new Win10 systems have different minor issues. I manually fixed some, and Microsoft released hotfixes for some others. At this time the only issue I have is on one system search "settings" does not return anything.

So my opinion is: there might be something there, it's just you didn't see them yet.

Still I respect Microsoft for doing a good job on upgrading old systems to Win10, it's quite difficult.

cameos, Aug 4, 2015
  14. bondr006 Win User
    Exactly! Very few people who don't have problems tend to post the good news. One of the reasons I posted my experience. Thanks for your reply!

bondr006, Aug 4, 2015
  15. Atomic77 Win User
    I am one of the lucky ones my upgrade to windows 10 on November 5, 2015 went with out issue. I believe the only big issue I can recall is when that one update failed and the thing posted in the forum fixed it.

Atomic77, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I Must be one lucky person - Similar Threads - Must lucky person

2. Must I downgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Must I downgrade?: After a year or so of being using W11 you decided my Dell Inspiron 3521 is no longer worth. Is it a bug or do I need to get back to WX? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/must-i-downgrade/3aca1130-bb14-4c7b-920d-ddded5f6695b
  3. One Drive Personal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive Personal: I have files that I cannot access because they are in my One Drive Personal folder which is not connected. I have gone to all the chats to reconnect my One Drive to my file folder but it is not helping. Please help me...
  4. One Drive Personal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive Personal: I have files that I cannot access because they are in my One Drive Personal folder which is not connected. I have gone to all the chats to reconnect my One Drive to my file folder but it is not helping. Please help me...
  5. One Drive Personal

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. one person

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    one person: one person plan is obviously for one person but more than one device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/one-person/1cb864ee-c49f-46f2-b615-1c9c49f9a7cd
  7. Must I make one more action to ask Cortana?

in Cortana
    Must I make one more action to ask Cortana?: Hello! I updated my Windows 10 to 2004. In the previous version, I could just click the Cortana circle in my taskbar and ask her about something with my voice. After the 2004 update, I click the icon, the Cortana window shows up, I talk to her, she doesn't listen. I must...
  8. Problem with super lucky's tale

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with super lucky's tale: I paid game pass just because I wanted to play this game (i will skip all the problems i had buying this and trying to navigate through the horrible bad designed interfaces), i managed to download it from microsoft store but when I launch it, it stucks/freezes on this screen...
  9. Personal Vault (One Drive)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Personal Vault (One Drive): I must get my laptop serviced. For security, I copied all files to Personal Vault and deleted them on my laptop. But as PV is visible in File Explorer, a 3rd party will be able to see all file and doc names. Acrobat files do not open unless I sign in to PV, but Excel and Word...
  10. Locky malware, lucky to avoid it

in Windows 10 News
    Locky malware, lucky to avoid it: You may have seen reports of the Locky malware circulating the web; we think this is a good time to discuss its distribution methods, and reiterate some best-practice methods that will help prevent infection. We’ve seen Locky being distributed by spam email, not in itself...