Windows 10: I must manually reconnect Windows 10 Wi-Fi whenever I reboot

Discus and support I must manually reconnect Windows 10 Wi-Fi whenever I reboot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I must have done something to my Windows 10 Pro 64 bit install. Whenever, I reboot, I must explicitly ask it to reconnect Wi-Fi. I would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lou Reed, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Lou Reed Win User

I must manually reconnect Windows 10 Wi-Fi whenever I reboot

I must have done something to my Windows 10 Pro 64 bit install. Whenever, I reboot, I must explicitly ask it to reconnect Wi-Fi. I would like to correct that and have it connect automatically to Wi-Fi when I reboot.
    How do I do that?
    Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

:)

Lou Reed, Feb 1, 2018

2. My computer has Alzheimer's. Cortana always asks me my name.

Hi, I have the same problem. When I use the Surface in a no Wi-Fi zone I disable the Wi-Fi to spare the battery. When I reconnect to a Wi-Fi network Cortana often ask for my name.

Also Outlook says that I must reconnect the account.

AlessioMontecchi, Feb 1, 2018
  3. Cortana forgets my name frequently

Hi, I have the same problem. When I use the Surface in a no Wi-Fi zone I disable the Wi-Fi to spare the battery. When I reconnect to a Wi-Fi network Cortana often ask for my name.

Also Outlook says that I must reconnect the account.

AlessioMontecchi, Feb 1, 2018
  4. I must manually reconnect Windows 10 Wi-Fi whenever I reboot

Please use my batch script to reset Windows services to there default startup type.

FreeBooter, Feb 1, 2018
  5. Lou Reed Win User
    Okay, I will give it a try.
    Thanks for your help.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed, Feb 5, 2018
  6. Your are very welcome!

Please do update us on your progress. Good luck.

FreeBooter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I must manually reconnect Windows 10 Wi-Fi whenever I reboot

1. I must manually reconnect Windows 10 Wi-Fi whenever I reboot - Similar Threads - must manually reconnect

2. Wi-Fi connections not showing up for sometime until I manually close and reopen the wi-fi...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connections not showing up for sometime until I manually close and reopen the wi-fi...: Windows does not detect connections on its own quite a lot of times. It has annoyed me a lot in the past few days because I have to open and close the menu many times because it won't refresh or it could be that it does not detect the connection for a long period. It has...
  3. Wi-Fi connections not showing up for sometime until I manually close and reopen the wi-fi...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi connections not showing up for sometime until I manually close and reopen the wi-fi...: Windows does not detect connections on its own quite a lot of times. It has annoyed me a lot in the past few days because I have to open and close the menu many times because it won't refresh or it could be that it does not detect the connection for a long period. It has...
  4. Bonjour must be started manually every reboot

Bonjour must be started manually every reboot: Every time I restart Windows 10 I find that Bonjour is disabled and every time I open Services, set it to automatic then start it. Why won't it stay as "automatic" and start on reboot?...
  5. WI-FI Disconnects and Reconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WI-FI Disconnects and Reconnects: sometimes when i was doing something with my laptop it diconnects and reconnect in a second https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-disconnects-and-reconnects/c279d847-c8c4-4c58-ad56-a78b2497fcfe
  6. WI-FI Disconnects and Reconnects

WI-FI Disconnects and Reconnects: sometimes when i was doing something with my laptop it diconnects and reconnect in a second https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-disconnects-and-reconnects/c279d847-c8c4-4c58-ad56-a78b2497fcfe
  7. Wi-fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: My Wi-fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting again and again and I am not able to watch any streaming services smoothly because of that. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Network drivers manually, I tried unchecking the power management box, I even tried connecting...
  8. Restart computer to reconnect to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restart computer to reconnect to Wi-Fi: Occasionally my computer will disconnect from my Wi-Fi, it'll disappear then show back up on my network list. It'll connect but have no internet access. If I reset it'll connect immediately with internet access. How would I fix this? submitted by /u/smugilicious [link]...
  9. Need to disconnect and reconnect Ethernet and/or Wi-fi connection whenever computer...

Need to disconnect and reconnect Ethernet and/or Wi-fi connection whenever computer...: My laptop is a MSi GV62 8RD running Windows 10 Home. The wireless adapter is the Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9462, the Ethernet is a Qualcomm Atheros AR8171/8175 Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30) I have tried updating drivers, re-flashing the BIOS, not allowing windows to...
  10. Enable Wi-Fi manually always

Enable Wi-Fi manually always: Is it possible to keep Wi-Fi disabled default always by shutdown, even if I turned on when using, then shut down. I only want to enable Wi-Fi manually only when i need it on, when using. 112304

Users found this page by searching for:

1. need to reconnect to network after laptop restart on batteries win 10