Windows 10: I need a better understanding of security keys for Microsoft Hello and other apps

Discus and support I need a better understanding of security keys for Microsoft Hello and other apps in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After I got locked out of my account I'm starting to look for a security key. There are so many brands of keys that are available to purchase and with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Albiek1976, Oct 3, 2022.

1. I need a better understanding of security keys for Microsoft Hello and other apps

After I got locked out of my account I'm starting to look for a security key. There are so many brands of keys that are available to purchase and with terms, I don't understand.There are no charts I can find from Microsoft with brand and model numbers that are compatible.My primary use for the key is Microsoft I have Windows 11 home I have found 2, I don't know which one has the better technology1. FEITIAN ePass K9 Plus2. Yubico - YubiKey 5 NFCAre these good keys for Microsoft or are any suggestions for any other keys?Thanks ahead of time

:)

Albiek1976, Oct 3, 2022
  2. Arul_D Win User

Microsoft Store credentials not recognized in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would like to ask few questions regarding this issue for a better understanding. Please answer these questions:

• Have you logged in to the Microsoft account?

• Have you used another account for windows apps?
    I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run Microsoft Accounts
    Troubleshooter
    and see if that helps.

Reply us back with results. We will be happy to assist.

Arul_D, Oct 3, 2022
  3. App disappeared from Microsoft store

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Which security software is installed in the computer?
    Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I would suggest you to clear the Store cache and check if the issue persists.

Press Windows key + R

Type wsreset.exe and press OK

Step 2: Disable the security software and check.

Important: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Also, I suggest you run the Windows Store app troubleshooter and check.
    Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this helps. If you face any issues with Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 3, 2022
  4. curatia Win User

I need a better understanding of security keys for Microsoft Hello and other apps

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Oct 3, 2022
Thema:

I need a better understanding of security keys for Microsoft Hello and other apps

1. I need a better understanding of security keys for Microsoft Hello and other apps - Similar Threads - need better understanding

2. I need a better understanding of security keys for Microsoft Hello and other apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need a better understanding of security keys for Microsoft Hello and other apps: After I got locked out of my account I'm starting to look for a security key. There are so many brands of keys that are available to purchase and with terms, I don't understand.There are no charts I can find from Microsoft with brand and model numbers that are compatible.My...
  3. Security key with Windows Hello

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security key with Windows Hello: I have an issue getting my profile to login on my laptop using the security key function on Windows Hello. It will let me register the key, but will not let me use it to login to my profile on my laptop or desktop. Is there another step that I am missing?...
  4. Probably asked\answered - Better understanding of Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Probably asked\answered - Better understanding of Windows: HI I work a lot with Desk top and Win Servers in my role. However I am fundamentally lacking in " architecture" for want of a better word, knowledge How do people learn about what goes on under the bonnet so to speak of Windows - for example you haver a program that is not...
  5. Understanding Security Warnings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Understanding Security Warnings: Apologies, this is a Win XP question (but I don't know a good XP place to ask) and it may be valid for Win 10 Someone sent me some zipped up mp3's via "FileFactory". I have them and all's fine - except as I do stuff with them I was getting "Open File Security Warning". I've...
  6. Is Norton Security Better Than Other Total Security Providers?

Is Norton Security Better Than Other Total Security Providers?: Hello everyone, Here I need an answer to this question that is Norton Security Better Than Other Total Security Providers? Please suggest me if you know about anything about both antivirus providers?...
  7. I need the security key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need the security key: How do you find the security key for a router https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/i-need-the-security-key/752e0fe8-7af2-4351-ab7c-9ba2a9a39905
  8. I need a better browser

in Browsers and Email
    I need a better browser: Specifically, I need a browser that can send pages (not just URLs) by e-mail. It would be nice if it saved pages in MFT or similar one-piece formats, too. Any suggestions? 84395
  9. Understanding Secure Boot

Understanding Secure Boot: I don't really understand what this is? I made sure that I had it set to disabled when I installed Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Edition yesterday because I read that I should do that on the forums here. It was disabled by default on my MSI M/Board anyway. I did install...
  10. I need a better understanding of Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    I need a better understanding of Google Chrome: I just read on another post that Google Chrome is the most popular browser in the world. I'm interested in trying it on one of my computers but have seen problems on some of my friends computers. In this past month 2 of my friends had similar problems: slow as slow goes...