Windows 10: I need a command or program to delete files older than a specified range

Discus and support I need a command or program to delete files older than a specified range in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried to use ForCommand, but for some reason, want it does not seem to work. I need it to work over the LAN, I want to delete all video files from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jnelsoninjax, Aug 30, 2022.

1. I need a command or program to delete files older than a specified range

I tried to use ForCommand, but for some reason, want it does not seem to work. I need it to work over the LAN, I want to delete all video files from my CCTV system over 30 days old, as I back all of them up to an external HDD and the cloud, so I do not need to keep them on the local system. Is there a simple way to accomplish this? Thanks!

submitted by /u/jnelsoninjax
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jnelsoninjax, Aug 30, 2022
  2. KBD
    KBD Win User

Plz recomend program to recover deleted files.

Let me try what you guys suggested, i am willing to pay for the program to get the files back.

3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Aug 30, 2022
  4. newtekie1 Win User

I need a command or program to delete files older than a specified range

Deleting Hiberfil & Pagefile

You would have to move your Page File to a different drive to get rid of that file, however you can make is smaller by adjusting the size in Windows.

To get rid of Hyberfile.sys you need to disable hibernation by doing the following:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off, and then press ENTER.
    • Type exit and then press ENTER to close the Command Prompt window
    Then you can delete the hyberfile.sys file.

newtekie1, Aug 30, 2022
Thema:

I need a command or program to delete files older than a specified range

1. I need a command or program to delete files older than a specified range - Similar Threads - need command program

2. file history not deleting older backups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file history not deleting older backups: For some reason, my file history is not deleting old backups. As a result, my drive gets full. I have to go in and manually wipe them out and start overAny suggestions appreciated?Thanks in advance...
  3. file history not deleting older backups

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    file history not deleting older backups: For some reason, my file history is not deleting old backups. As a result, my drive gets full. I have to go in and manually wipe them out and start overAny suggestions appreciated?Thanks in advance...
  4. files older than my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    files older than my computer: so I was absently searching through my files, just really looking out of boredom, when I found "Install.exe", made by Microsoft Corporation. this isn't too weird by itself, if it weren't for the fact that the file predates both my computer and windows 10 the file is from...
  5. files older than my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    files older than my computer: so I was absently searching through my files, just really looking out of boredom, when I found "Install.exe", made by Microsoft Corporation. this isn't too weird by itself, if it weren't for the fact that the file predates both my computer and windows 10 the file is from...
  6. files older than my computer

7. Delete specified pages at PDF file.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Delete specified pages at PDF file.: Hi. I have Office 2019. My question is whether Word can delete pages from multi-page PDF files. Thanks. 180845
  8. Program Path Program Files (x86) in Command Prompt needed!

Program Path Program Files (x86) in Command Prompt needed!: Hello, Because my mother got a nasty virus on her laptop (Windows 10), I have to open the Program Files (x86) folder in command prompt. But I don't know the right path to get into the folder. I started the system with an usb drive. You can find a picture attached. The german...
  9. Program files older than my Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program files older than my Windows 10 installation: I found this to be very odd, i done a clean install of windows 10 pro from my usb drive that i made while back. i reinstalled a fresh copy on my machine Dec 30. here is the catch, i was in my C drive and seen my personal programs had different dates on them back when i first...
  10. Older programs appear bolder than they used to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Older programs appear bolder than they used to...: Hey guys. I need your help. Not long ago, I refreshed my Windows 10 laptop. when installing programs I noticed some of them now seem to have a bolder font than their usual appearance. The used to look like this... [ATTACH] I regret not having a screenshot of Easy Audio...