Windows 10: I need a favor from someone who has a disk LARGER than 10TB

Discus and support I need a favor from someone who has a disk LARGER than 10TB in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a program that reads some information from the output of some diskpart commands but I need to make sure that my program can handle disks larger... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hsehestedt, Feb 19, 2020.

1. I need a favor from someone who has a disk LARGER than 10TB

I have a program that reads some information from the output of some diskpart commands but I need to make sure that my program can handle disks larger than 10 TB properly. Unfortunately, I have no disks of this size.

When I look at the output of a "list disk" command within diskpart, it appears to me that there may only be enough fields to show 4 digits. So for a 4TB disk it may report something like "3725 GB" for the disk size. However, I need to know what it will do for a really large disk like 12TB or 16TB. Will it report the size in GB or will it show something like 11.9 TB?

So here is what I need:

Simply run these commands on a system with something LARGER than 10 TB attached and post the resulting output:

diskpart
    list disk
    exit

Thanks!

:)

hsehestedt, Feb 19, 2020

2. Which is the Fastest and reliable 10TB hard disk?

Of the listed drives, I'd trust Segate Enterprise Capacity 10TB the most. That said, backup is important.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 19, 2020
  3. How do I install a 10Tb HD

I just bought a 10Tb HD and connected it to the PC. Device Manager has detected it and Disk Management has asked if I want a MBR or GPT. I've selected GPT because it's larger than MBR can handle. however in Disk management it only comes up with a maximum
    size of 1121 GB (which is 1TB) how do I get it to report the correct size?

IvanJiving, Feb 19, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

I need a favor from someone who has a disk LARGER than 10TB

How do I install a 10Tb HD

Hi Ivan, you were correct to select GPT file system . . .

What is the Make and model of that 10TB drive

Open Disc Management

Please provide a screenshot of that window

Open a Command Prompt

Run this Command and hit Enter:

diskpart

When that command completes, run this command and hit Enter:

list disk

What size does Diskpart display for that drive?

DaveM121, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

I need a favor from someone who has a disk LARGER than 10TB

1. I need a favor from someone who has a disk LARGER than 10TB - Similar Threads - need favor someone

2. "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size: Hello,So I have this 4TB external SSD that I formatted with exFAT so that it could be compatible with any computer I plug it into.The problem is that most of the files I put on the drive take up much more space on the drive than it should.The "Size on disk" is so much larger...
  3. "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size: Hello,So I have this 4TB external SSD that I formatted with exFAT so that it could be compatible with any computer I plug it into.The problem is that most of the files I put on the drive take up much more space on the drive than it should.The "Size on disk" is so much larger...
  4. "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disk size in sub-folder larger than the actual disk capacity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk size in sub-folder larger than the actual disk capacity: I would like to request for some assistance in regards to a file sizing issue I have experienced. I randomly checked through my folders and discovered one of them showing weird size properties. It is a sub-folder within the HDD partition and it is showing sizes way larger...
  6. Disk size in sub-folder larger than the actual disk capacity

Disk size in sub-folder larger than the actual disk capacity: I would like to request for some assistance in regards to a file sizing issue I have experienced. I randomly checked through my folders and discovered one of them showing weird size properties. It is a sub-folder within the HDD partition and it is showing sizes way larger...
  7. Disk size in sub-folder larger than the actual disk capacity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Need help from someone who knows about network connections

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help from someone who knows about network connections: I need help from someone who knows what they’re doing when it comes to pc and setting up networks I have recently moved to a smaller home and upon setting up my pc and plugging in my Ethernet cable I find there is no network connection, iv tried heaps to try and get this to...
  9. I need a favor from someone on build 18362.239

I need a favor from someone on build 18362.239: Basically the content of the folder "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.PPIProjection_cw5n1h2txyewy" has been corrupted, I tried to run both sfc /scannow and DISM but they won't fix it. I would appreciate if someone with a working "Connect" app from build (18362.239) X64 could...
  10. I need a favor from someone on build 18362.239

in Windows 10 Support
    I need a favor from someone on build 18362.239: Basically the content of the folder "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.PPIProjection_cw5n1h2txyewy" has been corrupted, I tried to run both sfc /scannow and DISM but they won't fix it. I would appreciate if someone with a working "Connect" app from build (18362.239) X64 could...