Windows 10: I need a guinea pig with a system that needs a boot-critical driver

Discus and support I need a guinea pig with a system that needs a boot-critical driver in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a program that I have written that can do just about anything you would ever need to do with a Windows image such as injecting updates,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hsehestedt, Aug 19, 2020.

1. I need a guinea pig with a system that needs a boot-critical driver

I have a program that I have written that can do just about anything you would ever need to do with a Windows image such as injecting updates, injecting drivers, create customized multi-edition installation disks, and a lot more.

After a post from another user here on TenForums, I realized that I didn't have the capability to add boot-critical drivers to my images.

I have now added the capability to add those.

The problem is that I have no machines that have hardware requiring a boot-critical driver to be added during Windows installation. I'm looking for someone who has such a setup.

Here is what I need from you:

1) You would send a link to me that will let me download a boot-critical driver that one of your systems needs.
    2) I will download that driver and run my program to inject that driver into a Windows image.
    3) I will create a Win 10 Pro 2004 ISO image file with that driver injected into it.
    4) I will then put a copy of the ISO on OneDrive.
    5) You would then download that ISO image, create your bootable media from it, boot from it, and let me know if your device is accessible.

Any help would be appreciated!

:)

hsehestedt, Aug 19, 2020

2. Nokia Guinea Pigs?

Hi-

This is my first post, so please bear with me...

I have not had a mobile contract for about three or so years, however, after all the pre-"hype", i took the plunge in July, and signed up to a 24month mobile contract, and received an "unbranded" N97 on an Orange Dolphin plan , from C.P.W.

Suffice to say, i am on my 4th N97, having suffered from numerous,lock ups,no gps,and so on.

I cannot believe that this so called "Flagship" model, comes with so many basic problems, let alone poor design, and especially the cheap, plastic backing

I am stunned, that within a matter of weeks, the replacement, N900, has been announced, and to make matters worse, is launching at the same price as the inferior, N97.

Most mobile phone manufacturers, allow their Flagship models to run for a long time, allowing for maximum markrt penetration.

Surely the release of the N900, confirms that they admit, the the N97, is inherently flawed, as when the N900, is released,it does not take a genius, to work out what model, any perspective buyer would opt for, given the choice between the two.

I am interested in Mobile technology, and cannot recall, a flagship device, being replaced so quickly.

Have we all been duped?

Surely Nokia, know that most N97 owners have been experiencing numerous problems?

Have Nokia used us as Guinea Pigs?

When the N97 was launched, it's replacement, was already in the wings, i feel let down having a device, that does not do, what Nokia advertise, that is plagued with problems, that is dead in the water after 7 or so weeks.

I reckon that we should be given a free upgrade to an N900.

Rant over.

mattseymour---01, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Winows 10 was disaster. Are we guinea pigs?

I got the message that I could download Windows 10 a few weeks ago. Did so and all hell broke loose on my PC. So bad, after less than a day, I was back to Win7. Sent out email to lots of friends warning them to be very cautious.

The replies were mixed. One had downloaded TEN and had no problems. Several had done the same. Disaster. Like me. But nobody was affected in the same ways, but all had multi faults and losses of info. Since my email. Two more have now downloaded TEN,
    with no problems. Many others just backed off all together.

Now call us cynics, but my partner and I think that Microsoft are using us as guinea-pigs, for a BETA version, I think the experts call it. Instead of sending out to known partners to test, we are doing it on the cheap. Hence they are giving out FREE upgrades.

Hope someone from MS reads this and is prepared to comment. Does anyone else think along these lines?

Dave.Win10.Pain, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Beven Win User

I need a guinea pig with a system that needs a boot-critical driver

Critical Structure Corruption Windows 10

I keep getting this error "Critical Structure Corruption" and can't seem to fix it.

It happens while I am busy on my laptop. Here are some of the steps I have tried so far to resolve this with no success.

1. Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic = no problems so RAM looks good.
    2. Check The CPU with Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool = PASS all
    3. Drivers update, I used driver booster and did need to update 18 drivers but was able to update with no issues.
    4. Update software and drivers, well it was suggested that I update BlueStacks but the update failed, bluestacks mentioned that it might be an issue so as I do not use the tool I uninstalled the software altogether.
    5. Updated Windows, this I do regularly and automatically so no big updates were missed.
    6. Defragged the machine - system is optimized
    7. Ran anti-virus check and all's good
    8. Ran CCleaner

Now I might mention I'm not a super user, but I'm able to follow suggestions quite well.

Any help will be appreciated.

Screenshot:

I need a guinea pig with a system that needs a boot-critical driver GD27Q.jpg

Beven, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

I need a guinea pig with a system that needs a boot-critical driver

1. I need a guinea pig with a system that needs a boot-critical driver - Similar Threads - need guinea pig

2. Driver needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver needed: Hi I have a atlas go 2in1 pc / tablet that lists a unknown device in device manager.The unknown device hardware id is ACPI\VEN_KIOX&DEV_000A does anyone know what this is used for and if there is a driver for it?Many thanks...
  3. Driver needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver needed: Hi I have a atlas go 2in1 pc / tablet that lists a unknown device in device manager.The unknown device hardware id is ACPI\VEN_KIOX&DEV_000A does anyone know what this is used for and if there is a driver for it?Many thanks...
  4. Recovery Error ACPI.sys Your Pc needs to be repaired a critical system driver is missing or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Error ACPI.sys Your Pc needs to be repaired a critical system driver is missing or...: Hello My Pc is facing some problem while booting I don't have a installation disc The last Time I was using it I ran a sfc scan which said it found corrupt files but can't fix and I ran A Dism scan and reinstall the disk driver which had some problems and I can't start any...
  5. Recovery Error ACPI.sys Your Pc needs to be repaired a critical system driver is missing or...

Recovery Error ACPI.sys Your Pc needs to be repaired a critical system driver is missing or...: Hello My Pc is facing some problem while booting I don't have a installation disc The last Time I was using it I ran a sfc scan which said it found corrupt files but can't fix and I ran A Dism scan and reinstall the disk driver which had some problems and I can't start any...
  6. Recovery Error ACPI.sys Your Pc needs to be repaired a critical system driver is missing or...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. need drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need drivers.: Gigabyte GA H55M D2H is my motherboard. But I didn't found the drivers for win 10 for it. Where did I get my drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-drivers/08b180d7-c533-460e-9d13-01f126271605
  8. need drivers.

need drivers.: Gigabyte GA H55M D2H is my motherboard. But I didn't found the drivers for win 10 for it. Where did I get my drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-drivers/08b180d7-c533-460e-9d13-01f126271605
  9. driver needed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    driver needed: hi i have an atlas touch screen 2 in 1 notebook that needs a device driver for hardware id ACPI\KIOX000A\1 google tells me its related to the touch screen driver package??Kionix KXCJ9 Accelerometer SPB is what it comes up on google.can someone help me find the driver plss?...
  10. System failing to boot - need a way to change the driver for my system drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System failing to boot - need a way to change the driver for my system drive: A little background: I have a homebuilt system based on AMD Ryzen Threadripper and an AMB B450 motherboard. The motherboard has 3 M.2 NVMe sockets. The BIOS is capable of doing software RAID on the NVMe devices. I installed this machine over a RAID0 array of 2 x 2TB...