Windows 10: I NEED A HERO - User Account NOT allowing download that ADMIN Account will

Discus and support I NEED A HERO - User Account NOT allowing download that ADMIN Account will in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please Lord let this work! I have been trying for days now to figure out how to download a file onto a user account that will download onto the Admin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ryancar73, May 18, 2021.

1. ryancar73 Win User

I NEED A HERO - User Account NOT allowing download that ADMIN Account will

Please Lord let this work! I have been trying for days now to figure out how to download a file onto a user account that will download onto the Admin account just fine. It downloaded when I first tried but wouldn't work due to a "not enough RAM error". Trying to fix that issue I changed all of the setting on my computer, and I have now got it where it will not download the file. It is an extension file for chrome called FireShot. The extension will download but this other "pro add-on" will not. The extension will download fine and this extra "pro add-on" will download fine. However,

:)

ryancar73, May 18, 2021

2. Facebook Allows Users to Delete Accounts

Yes, for quite some time, once you had a Facebook account, it wasn't going anywhere. Now, fortunately for college students and people with no attention span everywhere, Facebook now allows said people to delete their Facebook accounts. This was in direct response to user complaints about not being able to delete their accounts, if desired. Even if users were able to delete their own accounts, there were no obvious directions on how to do that. Another reason that Facebook decided to allow users to delete their accounts was a reason that could have gotten Facebook sued if they did not address it: privacy. The "I didn't actually make a Facebook" E-mails were really racking up in Facebook's inbox, and Facebook sometimes made it all too easy for people to research intimate/private/personal details of users' lives. At this point, deleting your account is just a help-page away. Facebook admins are considering adding a "delete account" button.

Source: The Inquirer

zekrahminator, May 18, 2021
  3. jwblue Win User
    Creating a user account that does not allow downloads

My mother downloaded a virus to her computer. I want to prevent this from happening again so I want to create a user account that does not allow downloading of anything.

From what I read, a Standard account will not allow any type of downloading or installation.

However I was able to download and install Windows Essentials while logged into her account. Why is this?

Someone suggested the following. Would this work?

Where do I access Security Policy?

jwblue, May 18, 2021
  4. kenkickr Win User

Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, May 18, 2021
Thema:

1. I NEED A HERO - User Account NOT allowing download that ADMIN Account will - Similar Threads - NEED HERO User

2. Admin and User Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin and User Account: Hello,Sorry for the basic of not already asked questions:When I set up my new windows 11 laptop I am the admin and have a Microsoft account. I’m told I should also have a user account. Is that true?Which should be local?If I make the admin local would I still have access to...
  3. Admin and User Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin and User Account: Hello,Sorry for the basic of not already asked questions:When I set up my new windows 11 laptop I am the admin and have a Microsoft account. I’m told I should also have a user account. Is that true?Which should be local?If I make the admin local would I still have access to...
  4. admin/user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    admin/user accounts: Is there a way to let standard user accounts have access to programs downloaded under the admin account of a Microsoft laptop? Woiuld it depend on the program downloaded? I feel like there is a way to do this but I just can seem to remember. The accounts would be on the same...
  5. admin/user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    admin/user accounts: Is there a way to let standard user accounts have access to programs downloaded under the admin account of a Microsoft laptop? Woiuld it depend on the program downloaded? I feel like there is a way to do this but I just can seem to remember. The accounts would be on the same...
  6. Allowing other users to download things on different accounts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Allowing other users to download things on different accounts: I have my own account and I want to download things from my user but every time I'm trying to download something it always asks permission from another account user and I don't know their password so I can't download things that I need. Is there any way I can remove this and...
  7. Allow account to run a program as admin without needing my password or admin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allow account to run a program as admin without needing my password or admin: Hello! I have someone else who uses my computer and had a standard account, but they've been having trouble running a game, as it needs to launch as admin and requires my password everytime. I've tried using the task scheduler workaround but that didn't work, and I was...
  8. I downloaded a program and it is the admin account and I want to move it to user account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I downloaded a program and it is the admin account and I want to move it to user account.: help please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-downloaded-a-program-and-it-is-the-admin-account/e17d0a2f-bf90-44a2-b49a-170fba3aca28
  9. Creating a user account that does not allow downloads

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creating a user account that does not allow downloads: My mother downloaded a virus to her computer. I want to prevent this from happening again so I want to create a user account that does not allow downloading of anything. From what I read, a Standard account will not allow any type of downloading or installation. However...
  10. My admin account switched to a user account!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My admin account switched to a user account!: My account may have gotten corrupt in the update, Don't know for sure. I do know this, This mess is way above my paygrade...LOL... I really need some help to try to fix this issue. The attachments can explain far better than me trying type what exactly is going on. All I...