Windows 10: I need a microsoft password to do a startup repair but my password doesnt work

Discus and support I need a microsoft password to do a startup repair but my password doesnt work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am getting a loading screen everytime I start computer. I tried to start it in safe mode and when I get into safemode everything needs my account and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MacyCoffman, Sep 29, 2021.

1. I need a microsoft password to do a startup repair but my password doesnt work

I am getting a loading screen everytime I start computer. I tried to start it in safe mode and when I get into safemode everything needs my account and password. I have access to my account online but whenever I try to put in the password on my desktop, it says it is incorrect. It is the same password I use to get on, on my phone. I tried figuring out how to use support and that was no help either. I have a feeling the desktop wont start because of a bad update or something along the lines but I cant do anything to fix it because I cant do anything in safemode.

:)

MacyCoffman, Sep 29, 2021

2. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Sep 29, 2021
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 29, 2021
  4. I need a microsoft password to do a startup repair but my password doesnt work

Windows Startup password

Yes, I'm sure there wasn't a Microsoft account on the laptop. When I set it up, she didn't want one

So I had to do a factory restore on the laptop. All boot methods would crash. I found out the owner was duped into giving a scammer access to her computer. That's how the startup password got set.

See its not the same as the account login password prompt

Thanks for the link! I will most definitely save it and use it when needed

GoFigureItOut, Sep 29, 2021
Thema:

I need a microsoft password to do a startup repair but my password doesnt work

1. I need a microsoft password to do a startup repair but my password doesnt work - Similar Threads - need microsoft password

2. Startup Repair. Confirmed correct Microsoft password not working. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Repair. Confirmed correct Microsoft password not working. Why?: Actually i do know why. You probably got forced into using a PIN, and haven't logged into the computer with the password.If force Windows Hello PIN is activated and 202H probably hepfully activated that option for you, then you can't log in with a password anymore. This means...
  3. Startup Repair. Confirmed correct Microsoft password not working. Why?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup Repair. Confirmed correct Microsoft password not working. Why?: Actually i do know why. You probably got forced into using a PIN, and haven't logged into the computer with the password.If force Windows Hello PIN is activated and 202H probably hepfully activated that option for you, then you can't log in with a password anymore. This means...
  4. Startup Repair. Confirmed correct Microsoft password not working. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Startup Repair Incorrect Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Repair Incorrect Password: I have a problem with starting up my pc. It shows something happened and pin is not available. I have followed many videos and most of them lead me to the startup repair page but when I click it, it asks me the password for my account and even though I type in the right one...
  6. In Startup Repair, Microsoft Password Not Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In Startup Repair, Microsoft Password Not Working: I am in Startup Repair after Windows 10 on my computer failed to load. I am using a personal computer for which I am the only user. Startup Repair system is asking for a password, but when I enter the Microsoft password - the same one that I used to access my Microsoft...
  7. Repair Startup not accepting password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repair Startup not accepting password: I know I am typing my password correctly, I have double checked by logging out and back into my account on my phone, so there should not be an issue, and yet there is. I have tried all possible keyboard options that I could have possibly used despite never having used...
  8. Startup repair password issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Startup repair password issue: I have gone to startup rpair option and asked me for select an account. I had an account naned user ( which i didnt create) i clicked on that and asked me for password. Of i didnt even make an account then how would i add a password?. I didnt make a password and i dont know...
  9. Startup repair says "incorrect password" on password that works

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Startup repair says "incorrect password" on password that works: Basically title. Every password i input in startup repair is incorrect, even though when i login to microsoft using the same acc it works. 131484
  10. Startup repair incorrect password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Startup repair incorrect password: I hadnt used my laptop for a couple weeks. When i started it today my normal 4 digit passcode did not work and then said to contact an administrator. When I restarted it got stuck at “just a moment” so i restarted 3 times until i got recovery options. I tried system restore...