Windows 10: I need a perfect system image with a one click to restore

Discus and support I need a perfect system image with a one click to restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have a 2011 iMac, with Windows 10 Pro on Bootcamp partition, everything is super normal, except that my 256GB SSD drive is getting short and I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by iMak, Aug 10, 2017.

1. iMak Win User

I need a perfect system image with a one click to restore

I have a 2011 iMac, with Windows 10 Pro on Bootcamp partition, everything is super normal, except that my 256GB SSD drive is getting short and I am thinking to upgrade it to a larger capacity. What I need is, a perfect system image with a one click to restore it in the new drive the way it was without going through all the hassle of installing the applications again. What do you recommend?

:)

2. How do I restore a system image to a NEW hard drive?

I have a failing HDD in my laptop, so I need to replace it, but it's the drive with the OS on.

I created a system image, and saved it to the laptop's 2nd HDD.

I now have a 3rd HDD, a new one to replace the 1st one. I've plugged it in using an external casing.

How do I use the system image to put my OS onto the new, 3rd HDD?

Every time I try to restore, it just wants to put it back on the 1st, failing, HDD.

Estragon Helmer, Aug 10, 2017
  3. How do I restore a system image to a NEW hard drive?

Ah, thanks.

I'll have a look at that then.

Estragon Helmer, Aug 10, 2017
  4. SIW2 Win User

You could take a look at paragon software.

5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Does it offer "one click restore"? I don't think any third party backup/restore programs offer "one click restore". Every one that I know of requires you to boot from a recovery USB drive or DVD and go through several options of selecting the recovery image to restore and the location to restore it to. Macrium Reflect is the most recommended software on this forum that works that way, but I don't know how/if it works on a Mac with bootcamp.

NavyLCDR, Aug 10, 2017
  6. RolandJS Win User
    Regardless of what backup / restore / cloning utility is used, one-click operations would have to make some mighty correct assumptions in order to complete a one-click operation flawlessly. +1 to other posters who experienced what I experienced: restore operations that depended upon me to ensure exactly what (or which) image is going onto what partition or hard-drive, along with "telling" the utility what to do when encountering a target different in byte-space size from the source.

RolandJS, Aug 10, 2017
  7. SIW2 Win User
    I don't know, that is why I suggested he take a look. More likely to get something to work with his setup from Paragon than anywhere else. One click or not.

Aomei Onekey may not work with his system.
    AOMEI OneKey Recovery Free

8. iMak Win User

Thank you all for your replies. In fact what I meant by one click was not a magic click, more was about an easy restoration without the hassle of the re-installation of the drivers and applications. I don't mind booting from a recovery USB drive or DVD and restore the image. But still the question of Bootcamp partition is unclear.

I tried Macrium Reflect Free and is showing the below screenshot. So which partition should I choose for the Windows image? I know #2 is the partition for the OSX and #4 obviously is for the Windows, but not sure about #1 and #3. Should I select all or all without #4?

I need a perfect system image with a one click to restore [​IMG]

And here is a screen shot from the Disk Management for more info...

I need a perfect system image with a one click to restore [​IMG]

iMak, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I need a perfect system image with a one click to restore - Similar Threads - need perfect system

2. System Image Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Image Restore: I am trying to restore a System Image created two weeks ago on an external hdd and everything seems to go well until it begins the restore process at which point I get an error stating the operating systems are different BIOS vs EFI. How do I correct this so that I can use...
  3. Restoring System Image When System Image Restore Fails?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring System Image When System Image Restore Fails?: Hi guys, Bear with me on this little odyssey. It's a bit of a ramble, and more just me moaning than asking an actual question, but if anyone can help me figure out where I was going wrong I can sleep a bit easier. I was working on a project to deploy a custom Windows image...
  4. System restore and system image

System restore and system image: So I regularly create backups on my computer using the windows 7 restore tool from the control panel. There comes an option for creating the system image for drive C which is an SSD. I have heard that if the windows goes corrupt or is accidentally reset I can restore the...
  5. System image restore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System image restore?: Hi everyone, I hope you'll be able to help me. I have a win 10 PC and a NAS, and I've made backups of it, both in the "file history backup" and with "advanced backup from win 7". I wasn't quite sure which one was the best, so I just did both. My pc went in for repairs...
  6. restoring a system image

restoring a system image: how do i restore a system image in windows 10 which is from a previous release of windows 10 using the system repair disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-a-system-image/89bdc83a-e7f5-4964-be07-26faba859f22
  7. System Restore image ?????

System Restore image ?????: I have just installed windows 10 home instead of the pro version which I installed by mistake then I restored my system image and everything was perfect as before !...….however on closer inspection I discovered windows 10 pro had be installed again !!!!! arrrrrrrrgh...
  8. System Image needed to restore Windows?

System Image needed to restore Windows?: I'm trying to backup my folders/drives, by using Restore and Backup Windows 7, system image is a "must have"? or it is ok to backup only files/folders/drives with my choice? Can I restore my usual work envoriment by connecting my backup external drive? I'm talking about in a...
  9. System Image not Restoring.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image not Restoring.: Hi guys, so i reset my Toshiba laptop to its original factory settings and it came with windows 10 home. Then i had to clean install the windows on my laptop again because i was having some trouble with the touchpad drivers, so i wiped C. drive fully and installed window 10...
  10. system restore and imaging.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    system restore and imaging.: Hello I have a one T external drive I image to and it recently showed that 2 - 23 or 30 GB images were filling the drive. A friend, using Treesize, explained that this is due to the restore points taking up space. I changed the scale from 2% to 1 and then created one point....