Windows 10: I need a perfect system image with a one click to restore

Discus and support I need a perfect system image with a one click to restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have a 2011 iMac, with Windows 10 Pro on Bootcamp partition, everything is super normal, except that my 256GB SSD drive is getting short and I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by iMak, Aug 10, 2017.

1. iMak Win User

I need a perfect system image with a one click to restore

I have a 2011 iMac, with Windows 10 Pro on Bootcamp partition, everything is super normal, except that my 256GB SSD drive is getting short and I am thinking to upgrade it to a larger capacity. What I need is, a perfect system image with a one click to restore it in the new drive the way it was without going through all the hassle of installing the applications again. What do you recommend?

:)

2. How do I restore a system image to a NEW hard drive?

I have a failing HDD in my laptop, so I need to replace it, but it's the drive with the OS on.

I created a system image, and saved it to the laptop's 2nd HDD.

I now have a 3rd HDD, a new one to replace the 1st one. I've plugged it in using an external casing.

How do I use the system image to put my OS onto the new, 3rd HDD?

Every time I try to restore, it just wants to put it back on the 1st, failing, HDD.

Estragon Helmer, Aug 10, 2017
  3. How do I restore a system image to a NEW hard drive?

Ah, thanks.

I'll have a look at that then.

Estragon Helmer, Aug 10, 2017
  4. SIW2 Win User

You could take a look at paragon software.

5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Does it offer "one click restore"? I don't think any third party backup/restore programs offer "one click restore". Every one that I know of requires you to boot from a recovery USB drive or DVD and go through several options of selecting the recovery image to restore and the location to restore it to. Macrium Reflect is the most recommended software on this forum that works that way, but I don't know how/if it works on a Mac with bootcamp.

NavyLCDR, Aug 10, 2017
  6. RolandJS Win User
    Regardless of what backup / restore / cloning utility is used, one-click operations would have to make some mighty correct assumptions in order to complete a one-click operation flawlessly. +1 to other posters who experienced what I experienced: restore operations that depended upon me to ensure exactly what (or which) image is going onto what partition or hard-drive, along with "telling" the utility what to do when encountering a target different in byte-space size from the source.

RolandJS, Aug 10, 2017
  7. SIW2 Win User
    I don't know, that is why I suggested he take a look. More likely to get something to work with his setup from Paragon than anywhere else. One click or not.

Aomei Onekey may not work with his system.
    AOMEI OneKey Recovery Free

8. iMak Win User

Thank you all for your replies. In fact what I meant by one click was not a magic click, more was about an easy restoration without the hassle of the re-installation of the drivers and applications. I don't mind booting from a recovery USB drive or DVD and restore the image. But still the question of Bootcamp partition is unclear.

I tried Macrium Reflect Free and is showing the below screenshot. So which partition should I choose for the Windows image? I know #2 is the partition for the OSX and #4 obviously is for the Windows, but not sure about #1 and #3. Should I select all or all without #4?

I need a perfect system image with a one click to restore [​IMG]

And here is a screen shot from the Disk Management for more info...

I need a perfect system image with a one click to restore [​IMG]

iMak, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I need a perfect system image with a one click to restore - Similar Threads - need perfect system

2. System Image Restore Problem

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image Restore Problem: Hi everyone, I really need some help. I backed up my system using a system image about a month ago. Then just recently my system kept freezing. I went to reinstall windows and it kept crashing and therefore had no operating system on. So so I then used my windows 10...
  3. System Restore image ?????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore image ?????: I have just installed windows 10 home instead of the pro version which I installed by mistake then I restored my system image and everything was perfect as before !...….however on closer inspection I discovered windows 10 pro had be installed again !!!!! arrrrrrrrgh...
  4. System Image needed to restore Windows?

System Image needed to restore Windows?: I'm trying to backup my folders/drives, by using Restore and Backup Windows 7, system image is a "must have"? or it is ok to backup only files/folders/drives with my choice? Can I restore my usual work envoriment by connecting my backup external drive? I'm talking about in a...
  5. System Image restore issue.

System Image restore issue.: Upon getting my computer back from repair, I tried to restore my system image. The ssd and HDD are still the same. But when I run the system image, I get a "inaccessible boot device" Stop code. I've discovered that the problem is, the system image is restoring the SSD...
  6. System image restore fails

System image restore fails: I'm replacing the hard drive on my laptop since my original is full. 1. Using Windows' Backup and Restore, I created a system image. 2. Since I do not have a DVD drive, I created a Windows 10 install media (here) directly to a USB. 3. I boot up using the USB and attempt...
  7. System Image not Restoring.

System Image not Restoring.: Hi guys, so i reset my Toshiba laptop to its original factory settings and it came with windows 10 home. Then i had to clean install the windows on my laptop again because i was having some trouble with the touchpad drivers, so i wiped C. drive fully and installed window 10...
  8. I Need Restore System But ..

I Need Restore System But ..: But I Never Turn On System Restore Since I Install New System. Now Windows Not Save Any Changed In Settings and Every Game On My System is Crash Ex. FFXIV or FIFA 16 I Need Restore System Back to Yesterday. Possible ? 42978
  9. Restore System Image

Restore System Image: I familiar with restoring a back up image from an external USB HD. My question is, what is the correct procedure for restoring a system image from an incremental or differential back up image. Would I restore the first saved image and then the last incremental or differential...
  10. system restore and imaging.

system restore and imaging.: Hello I have a one T external drive I image to and it recently showed that 2 - 23 or 30 GB images were filling the drive. A friend, using Treesize, explained that this is due to the restore points taking up space. I changed the scale from 2% to 1 and then created one point....