Windows 10: I need a printer paper grade that will fold well as a booklet.

Discus and support I need a printer paper grade that will fold well as a booklet. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want laser printer to print in booklet form -- 4 pages per sheet of paper. The difficulty I am having is that as the number of sheets of paper goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stanhilliard, Mar 17, 2019.

1. I need a printer paper grade that will fold well as a booklet.

I want laser printer to print in booklet form -- 4 pages per sheet of paper. The difficulty I am having is that as the number of sheets of paper goes up, say above three sheets, the manual folds become of poor quality. My laser printer is a Brother MFC8860DN. The paper is currently Boise Polaris 20 lb, 75GSM, 10M from Office Max.

I am wondering if a different grade of paper would make better folds so I can have more pages per booklet?

:)

stanhilliard, Mar 17, 2019

2. Out of Paper error but printer has paper

Yes to both. The thing is, when this happens, the printer is out of paper. So we replace the paper and all of the Windows 7 machines go "oh, ok, the printer has paper again" and start printing.

Windows 10 though doesn't. It might start printing again in 10-15 min, or it might never until either the PC or printer is restarted. It seems restarting the printer sends out a signal it is good and Win10 acknowledges, but Win10 won't acknowledge the "i
    have paper" signal.

I would like win10 to quit trying to be so smart and just print it. It is a network printer so the server is holding the spooled data anyway if the printer is down. Why is Windows 10 stopping it from printing my jobs?

EdHansWork, Mar 17, 2019
  3. Printer says paper jam.... there's no paper in the printer

Hi Barbara,

With regard to your query, the paper may be jammed if the rear cover is not closed completely. Push the rear cover until it is closed. If you are still having this issue, we suggest that you follow these methods below and see it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and device troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X keys.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Click on Printer to automatically troubleshoot printer issues.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts..

Method 2: Roller cleaning.

• Press Windows + X keys.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Click on Devices and Printers.
    • Select your Printer Device.
    • Under Printer Management, select Display Printer
      Properties.
    • Select Maintenance.
    • Select Roller Cleaning.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Mar 17, 2019
  4. lalillie Win User

I need a printer paper grade that will fold well as a booklet.

Printer's default paper size ignored

I often print to PDFs. My PDF printers are set to a default paper size of Legal. But when I print the size is Letter and I have to change it each time. This used to work. I'm not sure when it changed.
    • Windows Setting Manage Default Printer is not checked
    • Doesn't matter which printer I use - PDFCreator, Bullzip PDF, Adobe PDF
    • Windows 10 build 1803
    • Happens when printing from many apps - Microsoft Office, LibreOffice, Email
    • Works properly when printing from other apps - Notepad, Notepad++, browsers
    • Happens on multiple computers - desktop and laptop
    Any tips on how to get the printer default paper size to work?

lalillie, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

I need a printer paper grade that will fold well as a booklet.

1. I need a printer paper grade that will fold well as a booklet. - Similar Threads - need printer paper

2. How can I restore a file's icon to the default "folded paper" icon?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I restore a file's icon to the default "folded paper" icon?: I'm on Windows 10 and I accidentally changed the associated "open with" app for .blend files so now I have it set to the Blender icon. I'd like to be able to change it back to this icon. Does anyone know how I can do this?...
  3. printer defaults paper

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer defaults paper: How can I change paper tray defaults? Printer Xerox Versalink C7030 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-defaults-paper/7a2a565e-3661-4091-aecd-838e0e34ab77
  4. printer defaults paper

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer defaults paper: How can I change paper tray defaults? Printer Xerox Versalink C7030 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-defaults-paper/7a2a565e-3661-4091-aecd-838e0e34ab77
  5. printer defaults paper

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Printer needs paper

Printer needs paper: Keep getting error message that my printer needs paper, but it has. Followed instructions to restart the printer spooler, but still is receiving the message. Didn't have this problem until I connected my new lap top which has Windows 10. no problem when I had windows 8 on my...
  7. Printer needs paper

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer needs paper: Keep getting error message that my printer needs paper, but it has. Followed instructions to restart the printer spooler, but still is receiving the message. Didn't have this problem until I connected my new lap top which has Windows 10. no problem when I had windows 8 on my...
  8. Printer needs paper

9. printer paper problem

printer paper problem: Hi recently every time l try to print anything l get a message poping up on my screen Fuji Xeroxprint cm115/118w' has a paper problem l have checked my printer there is no paper jammed any where l've also uninstalled & reinstalled so do you think you can help me or do...
  10. OpenOffice - Matching printed page to paper size of booklet

OpenOffice - Matching printed page to paper size of booklet: I use a Brother 8860DN printer to print booklets from OpenOffice on 8.5 X 11 letter-size paper. Each 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper contains 4 OpenOffice Impress note pages -- 2 printed pages on each side of a sheet of paper. Each printed page goes on a 8.5" high by 5.5" wide...