Windows 10: I need a program that can detect macro key keypresses.

Discus and support I need a program that can detect macro key keypresses. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a pre-programmed key on my keyboard that launches a program, but I removed it because it sucked. Is there a way that I can detect when I press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/user_number_291647, Nov 30, 2020.

1. I need a program that can detect macro key keypresses.

I have a pre-programmed key on my keyboard that launches a program, but I removed it because it sucked. Is there a way that I can detect when I press this button, so that I can do something with AHK or another macro program?

I tried to detect it using an online key detection app, but it didn't detect anything.

The computer's model is Lenovo Y740.

The key originally launched Lenovo Vantage.

submitted by /u/user_number_291647
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/user_number_291647, Nov 30, 2020
  2. Eddie9000 Win User

Sculpt keyboard does not detect keypress after inactivity, or repeats the keypress

I use Microsoft Sculpt ergonomic keyboard and mouse at home and at work. With both keyboards I have issues with keypresses not being detected or being repeated after the button has been released.

• When pressing a key after a few minutes of inactivity, the first keypress does not register. This is also true when the monitor has been turned off because of inactivity, and when the computer has gone to sleep because of inactivity. The next keypress will
      however always register.
    • When pressing a key after a few minutes of inactivity, the key can get stuck repeating the keypress until the key is pressed again. This often happens when I'm watching a YouTube video and presses the spacebar to pause the video. The result is that the
      YouTube player will pause and unpause multiple times a second until I press spacebar again.
    I'm running English Windows 10 updated as of 5/22/2017 with the official Microsoft keyboard software installed. One keyboard is Swedish and use the Swedish keyboard layout. The other is Korean and use the US keyboard layout. The wireless receiver connected
    to the computer is in both cases about 50cm/20" from the keyboard itself, with only the computer monitor blocking the direct path. In both locations there are WiFi routers close by, and in my office environment there are other computers nearby with wireless
    devices.

Eddie9000, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Ez Macros or any other Macro program

Hi Brian,

The issue is quite unclear and too broad for us to distinguish the main reason why you are having challenges/issues in Macro. To have a better understanding of your concern, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• Are you referring on using macros on Excel? If yes, what is the version of your Office?
    • What exact application are you using when using macros? Where did you download it?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error message?

Your response will be much appreciated.

Johann Eva, Nov 30, 2020
  4. RoboX Win User

I need a program that can detect macro key keypresses.

Razer DeathAdder 2013 - Macro and Change Dpi

1- How can I craeate a Macro ? Synapse-->Macros-->+ key--> record (and click keys)-->???

2- Can I create a Macro to bind keys to change dpi step on the fly?

RoboX, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

I need a program that can detect macro key keypresses.

1. I need a program that can detect macro key keypresses. - Similar Threads - need program detect

2. Keypressing problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keypressing problem: Hey everyone,Sorry for disturbing but I am facing keypressing problem in my Lenovo G50-80 80E5 laptop. I've googled it and found a solution. Following the solution, i enabled the last option of the device installation restrictions in group policy which was Prevent...
  3. Keypressing problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keypressing problem: Hey everyone,Sorry for disturbing but I am facing keypressing problem in my Lenovo G50-80 80E5 laptop. I've googled it and found a solution. Following the solution, i enabled the last option of the device installation restrictions in group policy which was Prevent...
  4. Keypressing problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows macro programming

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows macro programming: I thought I saw a note a few months ago about a Windows programming tool -- I would call it macro -- that allows me to create a button or icon that triggers a macro -- for example, open a certain webpage and sign on with a userid and password, then proceed to a certain spot...
  6. program macro for side button on mouse

program macro for side button on mouse: I'd like the left side button on MS wireless mouse 5000 to enlarge the onscreen text by pressing it once rather than clicking 4 or 5 times on Chrome 's magnifying glass icon. thanks in advance from my aching finger, hand, wrist and forearm. Ray...
  7. Updating Favorite Key to Macro Not Working

Updating Favorite Key to Macro Not Working: Hi everyone, I am running into an issue where, after updating "My Favorites Key 1" to a macro in Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center, pressing the key results in it performing the default action of opening an item on the taskbar instead of running the macro. From what I...
  8. Any possibility of a macro for word-keys?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any possibility of a macro for word-keys?: Basically looking for a way to set up all my F keys so each one is a different word. Not sure if this is even possible so I thought this would be the best place to ask. Thanks guys! submitted by /u/yekungfu [link] [comments]...
  9. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Shortcut Keys Macro/Macros functionality (keyboard centre...

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Shortcut Keys Macro/Macros functionality (keyboard centre...: Has anyone heard if Microsoft have updated software to be able to map keys to text input macros? Many users of assistive input tech. require these functions to overcome disabilities and repetitive strain injury. Have we made any progress? The old natural keyboard (with...
  10. What Are All the Programs I Need to Detect Viruses?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What Are All the Programs I Need to Detect Viruses?: I got Windows Defender. Is this all I need to stop malware, viruses and spyware? If not what do you suggest? 111163