Windows 10: I need a suggestion for graphic design monitor on a budget

Discus and support I need a suggestion for graphic design monitor on a budget in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, I am looking for suggestions concerning a new monitor. My old CRT is about to give up, and I have the option to get another old CRT for $10, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Donut, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Donut Win User

I need a suggestion for graphic design monitor on a budget

Hello, I am looking for suggestions concerning a new monitor. My old CRT is about to give up, and I have the option to get another old CRT for $10, but I would like to upgrade if I can.

These are my concerns:

Eye safety. I have read that LED screens are more damaging than LCDs, but there seems to be mixed messages about this topic.

Wide viewing angle. I do illustration and design work that is very detailed, and if the color/image shifts when I move, that will not be good.

Color...

Donut, Jan 10, 2019
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

New monitor suggestions, £200 budget

So I am getting (hopefully) £200 of amazon vouchers from work for Christmaqs and have decided I want to get a new monitor, my current is a 23" Samsung Syncmaster, I believe it's a TN panel and the res is 2048x1152. It really is starting to get on my nerves as the coloring is not very natural so I am thinking an IPS panel would probably be a lot better quality wise so I am open to some suggestions as I really don't have a clue when it comes to monitors.

Things to note:

• I do not want to go smaller than 24"
    • Would prefer 27" if possible for the budget
    • If not then perhaps 24" 120hz
    • I currently run 2048x 1152 though 1920 x 1080 is fine
    • Must come in at or around £200-£250 absolute max

NdMk2o1o, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Graphic Design/Illustration Customer Build - Price is Not a Concern

Customer wants a high end graphic design computer complete with plotter and Wacom tablet. Going to be using CS5 mainly.

• What are your suggestions? X58 or P67?
    • What about GPU acceleration? Does one company's GPUs work better than the other?
    • Consumer or workstation GPU?
    • How about storage? SSD + a couple of striped WD Blacks?
    • Monitor recommendations? Was thinking a 30" Dell.
    Thanks in advance, all *Toast :toast:

DanishDevil, Jan 10, 2019
  4. LaytonJnr Win User

Productivity Build + Casual Gaming - LED Monitor or LED TV-Monitor?

Hello,

I have heard many positive reviews about the ASUS monitor, and I've even heard some suggest its among the best budget monitors. However, if you do have the money to spare, I'd look out for an IPS monitor, due to their better colour calibration, which is extremely useful for graphic design and Photoshop. The only downside of this is that they are fairly expensive. I'm sure someone else can suggest a good budget IPS monitor.

Layton

LaytonJnr, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

1. I need a suggestion for graphic design monitor on a budget - Similar Threads - need suggestion graphic

2. Need a new graphic card, any suggestion?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need a new graphic card, any suggestion?: Hello all, I have a HP - Compaq HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Small Form Factor, in which a NVIDIA gt 1030 was running the graphics until it died on Wednesday. I am wondering if any of you have suggestions for a replacement, given the small form factor of the desktop, and the need for...
  3. Dualboot for gaming and graphic design ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dualboot for gaming and graphic design ?: Hello there, I'm a gamer and designer and i would like to know if make an dualboot is a good idea in my case. Two same version of windows 10 (same update, same drivers, etc...) one for ONLY gaming and one for my work (graphic design, video, 3D...). Why ? I've a lot of...
  4. I need a suggestion!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need a suggestion!: I want to use ROS and Gazebo in wsl2. But wsl2 requires me to have 2004build. My computer currently has 1909 build and windows is not showing the updates automatically. Should I update using the update tool or should I wait ??? And is it a good idea to use ros and gazebo on...
  5. Monitor suggestions?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor suggestions?: Hey everybody so I'm pretty close to getting my first computer and I need a monitor to go with it of course. My budget is $75-150 max but I hope to keep it closer to $100 also I'll be playing a lot of video games/youtube/schoolwork with it. If it helps heres my (most likely)...
  6. Graphic Design Studio by Summitsoft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphic Design Studio by Summitsoft: Why is microsoft saying program has stopped working when you load the program thus it won't load https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphic-design-studio-by-summitsoft/67af3b11-5155-4090-a1ad-db1855fc6024
  7. 3D design software suggestions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3D design software suggestions: I've had no luck finding software to create 3D objects. Not for beginners, anyway. I don't want any online, because you can't save the objects. Blender is too complicated. I tried FreeCAD but there were no instructions and it froze my PC. I've been searching for one just...
  8. Best Budget Monitor for Graphic Design 2020

Best Budget Monitor for Graphic Design 2020: Best Budget Monitor for Graphic Design 2020 – Quick List: Philips 276E8VJSB 27 inch 4K Monitor – Best Budget Monitor for Graphic Design 2020 BenQ BL2420PT 24 inch HD Monitor – Best Budget Monitor for Graphic Design 2020 Acer CB271HU 27 inch Monitor – Best Budget Monitor for...
  9. Laptop Suggestions requested - long battery, slim case, budget

Laptop Suggestions requested - long battery, slim case, budget: I personally use an Asus Zenbook UX305FA that has been above my expectations in most every respect except for the laughably poor speakers/sound, and their ongoing bizarre inability to either secure good trackpad drivers or/both decent trackpad hardware. Other than that, it is...
  10. Design suggestion for Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Design suggestion for Windows Update: The picture below is how I think Microsoft should redesign Windows Update. Click the picture to make it bigger--- [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/design-suggestion-for-windows-update/33ddf5c3-dbe2-4f3d-807a-8b4a90b58b42