Windows 10: I need a tutorial on how to set up Alexa, since I have a hearing disability. Do you have...

Discus and support I need a tutorial on how to set up Alexa, since I have a hearing disability. Do you have... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Do you have a set up for Alexa that is written in text as opposed to a video?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by karin.clarkbar, Aug 6, 2019.

1. I need a tutorial on how to set up Alexa, since I have a hearing disability. Do you have...

Do you have a set up for Alexa that is written in text as opposed to a video?

:)

karin.clarkbar, Aug 6, 2019

2. Cortana can't hear me

Hi Isidora,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to go through the below methods and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you enable settings in the Playback Devices and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices.
    • Click on the Playback Devices and right click on the
      Speakers/Headphones.
    • Check mark on the Show Disabled Devices and
      Show Disconnected Devices.
    If the issue persists the follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/cortana-cant-hear-me

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana & search.

Check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If not, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 6, 2019
  3. David.P. Win User
    amazon alexa

Hello, it sounds like you need to change the wireless network for your Alexa device.

Here are the steps you'll need to take. I just verified them on my own Alexa device using the current iPhone app (the Android app should be similar):

1) Open the Amazon Alexa app

2) On the left navigation (3 lines at the top left) choose Settings.

3) Click Device Settings

4) Click on the Device you need to change.

5) About half way down is Wi-Fi Network. Press "change" on the right side.

6) Follow the next steps to begin setup of the device, changing the Wi-Fi network.

Please let me know if this works, or you need additional assistance.

Thank you

David

David.P., Aug 6, 2019
  4. I need a tutorial on how to set up Alexa, since I have a hearing disability. Do you have...

Cortana apparently can't hear me

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you enable settings in the Playback Devices and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your Taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices.
    • Click on the Playback Devices and right click on the
      Speakers/Headphones.
    • Check mark on the Show Disabled Devices and
      Show Disconnected Devices.
    If the issue persists the follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/cortana-cant-hear-me

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

I need a tutorial on how to set up Alexa, since I have a hearing disability. Do you have...

1. I need a tutorial on how to set up Alexa, since I have a hearing disability. Do you have... - Similar Threads - need tutorial set

2. How do I update this Windows 10 computer that I have not used since 2015?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I update this Windows 10 computer that I have not used since 2015?: Oh. Heh. Beginners` error...(tho I'm not one; just out of date) thinking Subject was my submitted question. Ok. So -- How do I safely update this Windows 10 computer that no one has used since about 2015? That's it, thanks!...
  3. How do I enter my i p address since i have been told that ne i have had is invalid, i have...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I enter my i p address since i have been told that ne i have had is invalid, i have...: How do I enter my ip address since I have been told it is invalid...it worked well until now...I have looked up the number. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enter-my-i-p-address-since-i-have-been/e07f3c85-50b4-40ff-9ae9-a9b59048b887
  4. how do i no if i have a VPN connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i no if i have a VPN connection: yes not sure if I need or have a vpn connection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-no-if-i-have-a-vpn-connection/0683c0aa-a597-4392-8f89-752b00a069d0
  5. I have my computer set up for no sign in when started. How do I change it to having to sign...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have my computer set up for no sign in when started. How do I change it to having to sign...: I have my computer set up for no sign in when started. How do I change it to having to sign in with my pin. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-my-computer-set-up-for-no-sign-in-when/5533d4d7-c287-4f87-8dd4-9ee618d79d19"
  6. I Have Windows Defender, Do I Need McAfee?

I Have Windows Defender, Do I Need McAfee?: Why would I need McAfee Anti-Virus Software if I have Windows Defender 10? [Original Title: Windows Defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-have-windows-defender-do-i-need-mcafee/a79c61aa-faec-43be-a2dd-55bf443df762
  7. I have numerous pop ups. I have no idea how to stop them.

I have numerous pop ups. I have no idea how to stop them.: I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 64 bit. I have Macafee security. I have numerous pop ups and I have run many virus scans, including with Malwarebytes. Nothing shows up. I use Chrome most of the time and I have Adblock Plus but nothing stops these pop ups. I will...
  8. how do I access alexa echo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I access alexa echo: How to find and access alexa echo app with this brouser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-access-alexa-echo/2ba78507-60c2-4657-925e-2943f2a6db4d
  9. recent updates have have disabled my computer. It changed my pin which I have since...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    recent updates have have disabled my computer. It changed my pin which I have since...: Recent updates have disabled my computer. Initially it prevented me from gaining access by changing my pin number. This has been corrected as it changed the pin to one that was never used with this computer, This has been corrected. The second problem is that it is dening me...
  10. I do not have sets, how do I activate them?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I do not have sets, how do I activate them?: I have windows 10 build 17711 I have not sets on my configuration/system/multitask I have not sets policies on my gpedit.msc/administrative templates/windows components I've tried to enable them with match2 on cmd as administrator, but nothing anyone knows what is happened?...