Windows 10: i need a windows 7 pro product key

Discus and support i need a windows 7 pro product key in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; sir i am kumar. i need a windows 7 pro product key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kumaragurubaran1, Jan 28, 2022.

1. i need a windows 7 pro product key

sir i am kumar. i need a windows 7 pro product key

:)

kumaragurubaran1, Jan 28, 2022

2. Will a Windows 7 Ultimate key activate Windows 7 Pro?

No - Typically as far as I know, a Windows 7 Ultimate key will unlock Windows 7 Ultimate.

The thing is basically what is on the INSTALLATION disc is usually exactly the same no matter what version you buy, ALL the potential content is already on the disc, and it is the Product Key itself that tells the installer what options to install/how to install them, so that you land up with your specific product.

Take an Ultimate DVD, install , but enter a windows Home key, and you will most likely get a Home install.

... or am I 'trippin? Pro's weigh in?

BazookaJoe, Jan 28, 2022
  3. scope54 Win User
    Will a Windows 7 Ultimate key activate Windows 7 Pro?

I've tried the opposite, was installing Win7 on a friends comp, my copy of win 7 (home premium) and his key (pro). When I entered the key, it gave me an error regarding versions. Skipping the initial key input also lead to a version error thing when Windows booted up. One big thing I noticed when I did that was it didn't let you choose the version to install if you skipped the key input. In short Vista lets you use whatever disc to install, 7 doesn't.

scope54, Jan 28, 2022
  4. i need a windows 7 pro product key

Product key of windows 7 ultimate

If you buy a 10 Pro key yourself there are no downgrade rights to 7 Pro.

10 Pro has to come preinstalled by the OEM (Dell, HP, etc.) for Downgrade Rights.

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software

To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Bill Smithers, Jan 28, 2022
Thema:

i need a windows 7 pro product key

1. i need a windows 7 pro product key - Similar Threads - need pro product

2. i need a product key to activate my windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need a product key to activate my windows 7: i need a product key to activate my windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-product-key-to-activate-my-windows-7/bfd71dcb-00aa-450e-a4a8-8ff2e3a75b6a
  3. i need a product key to activate my windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need a product key to activate my windows 7: i need a product key to activate my windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-product-key-to-activate-my-windows-7/bfd71dcb-00aa-450e-a4a8-8ff2e3a75b6a
  4. Invalid product key Win 7 PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid product key Win 7 PRO: A few years ago after purchasing Win 7 Pro. When it came time to activate it. I called they gave me a product key that I am using now not the product key that came with the CD I have been using it installed on the same computer for at least five years. Now I am getting...
  5. Invalid product key Win 7 PRO

Invalid product key Win 7 PRO: A few years ago after purchasing Win 7 Pro. When it came time to activate it. I called they gave me a product key that I am using now not the product key that came with the CD I have been using it installed on the same computer for at least five years. Now I am getting...
  6. i need a windows 7 pro product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need a windows 7 pro product key: sir i am kumar. i need a windows 7 pro product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-windows-7-pro-product-key/0765b392-c5a3-4624-a9e6-0c12adbc9b5e
  7. product key where is it for windows 7 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    product key where is it for windows 7 pro: cant find my product key for my update to 10 only found a partial key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-where-is-it-for-windows-7-pro/7d7ddb69-18b8-4fa6-8474-c056d7b61550
  8. product key where is it for windows 7 pro

product key where is it for windows 7 pro: cant find my product key for my update to 10 only found a partial key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-where-is-it-for-windows-7-pro/7d7ddb69-18b8-4fa6-8474-c056d7b61550
  9. Can I use window 7 pro product key in window 10 pro.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I use window 7 pro product key in window 10 pro.: Can I use window 7 pro product as window 10 pro key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-window-7-pro-product-key-in-window-10/ec30493e-c1ce-4f97-a3eb-2dea2462c4aa
  10. Updating from windows 7, need product key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updating from windows 7, need product key?: Hey guys! I’m upgrading my old dell pc with an ssd and more RAM. Just wondering if I would need a windows 10 product key to install windows 10 on it (currently running windows 7 home). I’m familiar with installing windows from a USB, just wondering I could do that with a...