Windows 10: I need advice on how to trigger an automatic restart

Discus and support I need advice on how to trigger an automatic restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 with all recent updates and I am looking for a setting that triggers Windows to restart after a specific program failed. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Snowman3000, Jan 16, 2021.

1. I need advice on how to trigger an automatic restart

I am running Windows 10 with all recent updates and I am looking for a setting that triggers Windows to restart after a specific program failed.

I cant find anything. I dont want to autorestart the software as this will result in the system freezing. It needs to reboot the whole OS.

Does anyone here know of a solution ? Be it third party software or Windows settings ? I cant find anything except how to autorestart a software when it failed.

:)

Snowman3000, Jan 16, 2021

2. Automatic Restart

We appreciate your response. We suggest that you turn on the automatic restart using command prompt. However, you need to access the
    Startup settings. On some Windows 10 computer, pressing
    F11
    once a computer boots up will bring the System Recovery menu. We suggest that you check if it's the same on your computer. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Turn on your computer, then press F11 simultaneously.
    • If a blue screen with Choose an option shows up, click on
      Troubleshoot
    • Look for Advanced options, then click on Command Prompt.
    • On the command prompt, type this in "wmic RecoverOS set AutoReboot = True".
    • Once done, click the "X" at the top right of the screen.

Restart your computer and see if the issue persists.

We would appreciate it if you'd provide a screenshot of the command prompt.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jan 16, 2021
  4. I need advice on how to trigger an automatic restart

Enabling automatic reboot or automatic restart in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the System Properties.

• On the Advanced tab, under the Startup and Recovery section click on the Settings button.

• Under the System failure section check
      the automatically restart checkbox.

• Click OK to close the startup and system properties windows and save changes.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

I need advice on how to trigger an automatic restart

1. I need advice on how to trigger an automatic restart - Similar Threads - need advice trigger

2. Need urgent advice,.?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need urgent advice,.?: Just open My PC with wins 10 _ and on the lowerright corner, where appears the "Notifications" Show this..I'm referring to the last icon. Which is the copilot icon.. when I hovered the mouse on it. Say - Copilot Preview never showed before. on the notifications area. Do am I...
  3. I need help or advice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help or advice: My pc will boot normally and everything hit it won’t connect to my monitor and my mouse also doesn’t work. I’ve tried restarting. The pc, fully powering everything down, checking connections on different ports tried removing all the peripherals and restarting, removing and...
  4. I need help or advice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help or advice: My pc will boot normally and everything hit it won’t connect to my monitor and my mouse also doesn’t work. I’ve tried restarting. The pc, fully powering everything down, checking connections on different ports tried removing all the peripherals and restarting, removing and...
  5. Need networking advice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need networking advice: I am trying to transfer files from my laptop (Windows 10 x64, ver 1909) to my desktop (Win 10 x64 ver 20H2. I have a lot of options, but can't seem to get any to work: 1) Google Drive--I appear to have two Google Drives, one talking to my phone and laptop, the other to my...
  6. I need some advice please

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    I need some advice please: I'm shopping for a new laptop and I wonder if it's a good to pay extra the nvidia rtx 2070 instead of nvidia gtx 1650 ti? Thank you I would appreciate you opinion win 19042. 630 170618
  7. I need some advice?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need some advice?: Well, I have been programming a bot for GTA Online for a while now. This allows you to stay online, create single lobbies and mute the GTA window. My question: Can I get in trouble for that, because I basically exploit security holes. Be a bit scared after what happened to...
  8. Event 41, computer keeps restarting, need advice.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event 41, computer keeps restarting, need advice.: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 3/22/2020 9:11:43 AM Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords: 70368744177664,2 User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-4JNS9QG Description: The system has...
  9. Windows Key Trigger Automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Key Trigger Automatically: It often happens that while gaming or programming or doing something else that the windows start menu opens without triggering the windows key and minimizing the other app I'm using. Please help me. I have this bug since 2/3 month now and it's really annoying. I'm using a...
  10. I need Ram-Disk advice .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need Ram-Disk advice .: My system specs are below. I guess the available ram is whats needed ? 8 GB total, 7 usable . I want to try two things : 1. Set up my Browsers, Chrome and Edge, to save their browsing files to the Ram Disk . 2. Run my Drawing application on the Ram-disk so that its...