Windows 10: I need advice on which path to take.

Discus and support I need advice on which path to take. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Recently I screwed up my system and am backing up all of my partitions before I do anything and following any advice. I was playing around with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Sacerdos, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Sacerdos Win User

I need advice on which path to take.

Recently I screwed up my system and am backing up all of my partitions before I do anything and following any advice.

I was playing around with PhoenixOS. After installing it to the HDD, I discovered that it added a dual boot, which I don't want. After some searching I discovered how to get rid of the dual boot, but in doing so I messed up my system. My system doesn't start all the time now, and the Recovery on the HDD gives me a BSOD, saying it can't load.

I tried doing a bootrec /fixboot, bootrec /rebuildbcd. repair and while it helped by locating a windows installation, I'm still getting the recovery error.

I was thinking of backing up all my partitions, reinstalling windows, and replacing the c: drive partition with the backed up one (using Paragon partition software).

Any advice? Thanks!

:)

Sacerdos, Feb 12, 2016
  2. mccbleue Win User

Need some advice with CWM - which machine to install

It's limited to ONE phone and ONE PC, so you need to choose the machine that you would most often use and stick to that.

Your laptop obviously gives portability, provided that you can carry with you decent speakers because laptop speakers aren't usually much good for listening to music.

mccbleue, Feb 12, 2016
  3. Need some advice with CWM - which machine to install

I have bought a phone but I've not activate CWM yet.

I understand that with CWM, you play on only 1 phone. But is it possible to play the music on the PC ?

If I have a PC and a laptop, can I play on both the PC and the laptop ?

I want to know cause I would prefer to use my PC but I also want to play it on my laptop. If I can only play on 1 machine, I really to decide.

Thanks.

csc12345678, Feb 12, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi Sacerdos and welcome to Tenforums.

You could try booting from Kyhi's modified WinPE media, go to Macrium and try the fix boot option.
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

Your idea of a reinstall and then imaging the C partition may also work fine too.

simrick, Feb 12, 2016
Thema:

1. I need advice on which path to take. - Similar Threads - need advice path

2. Need urgent advice,.?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need urgent advice,.?: Just open My PC with wins 10 _ and on the lowerright corner, where appears the "Notifications" Show this..I'm referring to the last icon. Which is the copilot icon.. when I hovered the mouse on it. Say - Copilot Preview never showed before. on the notifications area. Do am I...
  3. I need help or advice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help or advice: My pc will boot normally and everything hit it won’t connect to my monitor and my mouse also doesn’t work. I’ve tried restarting. The pc, fully powering everything down, checking connections on different ports tried removing all the peripherals and restarting, removing and...
  4. I need help or advice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help or advice: My pc will boot normally and everything hit it won’t connect to my monitor and my mouse also doesn’t work. I’ve tried restarting. The pc, fully powering everything down, checking connections on different ports tried removing all the peripherals and restarting, removing and...
  5. Need networking advice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need networking advice: I am trying to transfer files from my laptop (Windows 10 x64, ver 1909) to my desktop (Win 10 x64 ver 20H2. I have a lot of options, but can't seem to get any to work: 1) Google Drive--I appear to have two Google Drives, one talking to my phone and laptop, the other to my...
  6. I need some advice please

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    I need some advice please: I'm shopping for a new laptop and I wonder if it's a good to pay extra the nvidia rtx 2070 instead of nvidia gtx 1650 ti? Thank you I would appreciate you opinion win 19042. 630 170618
  7. I need some advice?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need some advice?: Well, I have been programming a bot for GTA Online for a while now. This allows you to stay online, create single lobbies and mute the GTA window. My question: Can I get in trouble for that, because I basically exploit security holes. Be a bit scared after what happened to...
  8. Need advice on which 1660 Ti card to buy

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need advice on which 1660 Ti card to buy: Hi all. I think I've decided on an upgrade to my GPU. At least, I've decided on the model. But there are so many versions that my head spins. I'm looking at these below. Can someone explain to me what's so different about them, or if any are better than the others? Also, how...
  9. I need Ram-Disk advice .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need Ram-Disk advice .: My system specs are below. I guess the available ram is whats needed ? 8 GB total, 7 usable . I want to try two things : 1. Set up my Browsers, Chrome and Edge, to save their browsing files to the Ram Disk . 2. Run my Drawing application on the Ram-disk so that its...
  10. Help and or advice needed

in Windows 10 Support
    Help and or advice needed: I am running Windows 10. I currently attach a hdmi cable from laptop to tv. Is it possible to stream one thing from laptop onto tv screen and simultaneously surf the net using laptop monitor? Thanks 39170