Windows 10: I need an obscure folder that doesn't require administrator access to write to.

Discus and support I need an obscure folder that doesn't require administrator access to write to. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I need the address of any folder that will be universal across all windows machines, and is incredibly obscure, or has lots of other files inside it. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/QuirtTheDirt, Jan 30, 2020.

1. I need an obscure folder that doesn't require administrator access to write to.

I need the address of any folder that will be universal across all windows machines, and is incredibly obscure, or has lots of other files inside it. I need something that I can write to with no administrator access. Anyone know of a folder like this?

Edit: Yes, I am going to be hiding programs here, and I need them to blend in or be hard to get to.

submitted by /u/QuirtTheDirt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/QuirtTheDirt, Jan 30, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

I need an obscure folder that doesn't require administrator access to write to. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 30, 2020
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jan 30, 2020
  4. enso Win User

I need an obscure folder that doesn't require administrator access to write to.

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

I need an obscure folder that doesn't require administrator access to write to.

1. I need an obscure folder that doesn't require administrator access to write to. - Similar Threads - need obscure folder

2. Don't have write access to document folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Don't have write access to document folder: Idk what is happening. I had my account as the admin and I can see that i have access to writing from the security tab. However, during real experience, it just doesn't allow me to save anything or delete anything from the folder because i apparently "don't have the...
  3. i need to access the password for administrator but it will not let me access the...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i need to access the password for administrator but it will not let me access the...: did everything i could, still cant access. HELP??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-access-the-password-for-administrator/a3b7d58a-8cf8-4e02-96e4-ef56a059c4d5
  4. Sharing folders with write access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing folders with write access: I have a need to share some folders/directories with write access on a small office network. I can't figure out how to do this now. What's needed: Some machines have write access to some folders, everything has read-access to everything shared we don't need or desire...
  5. need help accessing administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    need help accessing administrator account: Hello A sever weather storm knocked out electricity which of course offset my electronics. When trying to establish a connection I entered the wrong email on my administrator account. The password I have for that does not work as it is not an msn accont. How do I...
  6. Screenshots are storing in an obscure OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Screenshots are storing in an obscure OneDrive folder: My screenshots don't got to C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Pictures\Screenshots like they're supposed to. That folder is empty. Instead, they all go to C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Cloud Backups\OneDrive sync folders\Pictures\Screenshots. I've tried disabling and re-enabling...
  7. download doesn't start for apps that require administrator approval

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    download doesn't start for apps that require administrator approval: Tried to install gamepass games from microsoft store and xbox pc beta but I get an error for every app that require administrator approval. I logged in with a microsoft account. I have already tried to reset my laptop, reset the store as well (wsreset) and logged in as...
  8. Local Administrator Account does not have write access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local Administrator Account does not have write access: Hi, My local account, for whatever reason, only has read and execute permissions instead of all permissions (as would be expected of an admin account). I've turned UAC off, but still can't get this fixed. What do I need to do to get write access so I can update a config...
  9. Can't access anything Administrator required

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't access anything Administrator required: I got a new computer, and was customizing settings. I activated the default Administrator account, and used that for stuff I needed permission for. I finished and signed out, and from my account ran the net user administrator /active:no command on an administrator command...
  10. Programs that require administrator access

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Programs that require administrator access: I have a program (game) that I wish to allow a child to run but it requires administrator access to run the program. I don't particularly want to be required to walk over and type in the password every time the child wants to run the game, but I also don't want to give the...