Windows 10: I need an old .dll from a previous MS12-004 Security Update for XP and Vista but I can't...

Discus and support I need an old .dll from a previous MS12-004 Security Update for XP and Vista but I can't... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to play a very old game from the 1990s. This game uses MIDI files and the MIDI files are causing a delay. Searching online, I found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rishadows, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Rishadows Win User

I need an old .dll from a previous MS12-004 Security Update for XP and Vista but I can't...

Hi, I'm trying to play a very old game from the 1990s. This game uses MIDI files and the MIDI files are causing a delay.

Searching online, I found out that by placing the " Mciseq.dll " in the game folder, the delay is fixed, however, I would like to install this .dll directly from Microsoft to avoid untrustworthy third-party sites etc., however this .dll is only present in previous MS12-004 security update. How can I download this update if I don't own those Windows versions? I own Windows 10

I noticed the required .dll is present in the MS12-004 security update accordig to this site https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2598479/ms12-004-description-of-the-security-update-for-windows-multimedia-lib . How can I download that update for my Windows 10 system? I just want the files and " .dll's ". Alternatively, how can I download, in a legitimate way, the files in that update?

:)

Rishadows, Dec 2, 2020
  2. freaksavior, Dec 2, 2020
  3. tzitzibp Win User
    should i make the switch xp->vista

I suggest you install both on different disks or partitions and see for your self. there are advantages and disadvantages to both operating systems.... for example xp pro sp2 are faster than vista ultimate, while vista seem to be more secure... but if you install all xp updates that is not an issue.... *Roll Eyes I need an old .dll from a previous MS12-004 Security Update for XP and Vista but I can't... :rolleyes:
    A potential problem, in case of vista, is obtaining all hardware drivers for your system...*Cool I need an old .dll from a previous MS12-004 Security Update for XP and Vista but I can't... :cool:

tzitzibp, Dec 2, 2020
  4. I need an old .dll from a previous MS12-004 Security Update for XP and Vista but I can't...

Multi boot system question....adding Vista

I already have secure boot turned off since I have Linux installed and working using Easy BCD as a boot manager.
    Yes thanks guys for all the suggestions and testing. Just an idea to have several MS Windows versions bootable on the same machine!
    Already have VM with DOS, Windows 3.11, Windows 95. Windows 98 and Windows XP. Maybe the next step is to add Vista!

warewasher2025, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

I need an old .dll from a previous MS12-004 Security Update for XP and Vista but I can't...

1. I need an old .dll from a previous MS12-004 Security Update for XP and Vista but I can't... - Similar Threads - need old dll

2. I need an old .dll from a previous Windows Service Pack Windows XP by I can't find how to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need an old .dll from a previous Windows Service Pack Windows XP by I can't find how to...: Hi, I'm trying to play a very old game from the 1990s. This game uses MIDI files and the MIDI files are causing a delay. Searching online, I found out that by placing the " Mciseq.dll " in the game folder, the delay is fixed, however, I would like to install this .dll...
  3. Updating from Windows Vista

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updating from Windows Vista: Hello! I've got an old Acer Aspire 4520 that I've resurrected to give to a friend who needs a laptop. What I didn't account for was that it's still running Windows Vista. I'd like to update to Windows 10, but I'm not sure where to start. I don't know if the computer can even...
  4. Missing dll files - I NEED HELP!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing dll files - I NEED HELP!: Hi guys, I'm having some serious trouble with my windows 10 laptop... I've recently started it back up and tried loading up a programme Origin and i has now said 3 different messages: - MSVCP140.dlll Missing - VCRUNTIME140.dll Missing - api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll...
  5. No internet , secured but i have Internet. I can't update windows or download from...

No internet , secured but i have Internet. I can't update windows or download from...: Happy New Year. Yesterday I was asked by pc to restore windows, from cd i reinstalled ipod 10, keeping my settings and files. It started normally but has the following problem: although I have internet e.g. from the edge and from chrome i see web pages or i can download some...
  6. Back Up Sets from old windows OS versions Vista, XP and Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back Up Sets from old windows OS versions Vista, XP and Windows 7: Hi - wondering if anyone can advise. I have an external hard drive which i've had for years and have in the past backed up various computers using back up and restore. I find that these Back Up Sets are taking a huge amount of space up on the external hard drive and as a...
  7. Old Microsoft Flight Sims.Combat flight & Flight Simulator Win XP & Vista

in Windows 10 Customization
    Old Microsoft Flight Sims.Combat flight & Flight Simulator Win XP & Vista: is there any fixes for the above. I now have Win 10 Thanks. FW https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-microsoft-flight-simscombat-flight-flight/e9de8e3b-4b1d-4087-a0d5-d154d0dac715
  8. I need to ( update & security) for my windows10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need to ( update & security) for my windows10: I need to ( update & security) for my windows10. I have a problem with update& security of my windows 10. looking for update history I found the followings message in previous months had been failed "Feature update to Windows 10 (business editions), version 1809,...
  9. I need the security key

I need the security key: How do you find the security key for a router https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/i-need-the-security-key/752e0fe8-7af2-4351-ab7c-9ba2a9a39905
  10. Old Windows XP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Old Windows XP: Has anyone in the Microsoft Community experienced this yet. I made a new discovery today. In 2008 I created a Facebook page using Microsoft Windows XP. Over the course of 5 1/2 years, the News feed has been producing Spam, Malware and effecting everything up and including my...