Windows 10: i need another way to do a hardware test

Discus and support i need another way to do a hardware test in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; before i used to use dell support assistant to test my hardware components. after the windows store messed around with support so i had to uninstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cns00, Sep 7, 2019.

1. cns00 Win User

i need another way to do a hardware test

before i used to use dell support assistant to test my hardware components. after the windows store messed around with support so i had to uninstall it. i need another way to test my hardware components. i know that i can do a diagnostic test in bios. i need the test to run in windows. this is what i found out until now:-

1) using Home - UserBenchmark - it analyzes my laptop performance and it compares it to other laptops but before it does that then it has to do a full hardware checkup and test processor, memory, graphics card and so on. if something is failing then will indicate that it is failing when it shows me the results?

2) by installing hwinfo - i tested it in the past. all it does is show graphs and things like that. can i do a full hardware test by using hwinfo and it tells me pass or fail?

3) by running perfmon /report in the start menu - that tests my hardware components and it tells me pass or fail but can i rely on it? the test is finished in one minute but when i used support assistant to tests my hardware components it took 15 minutes. why is it longer?

also is there another reliable program which i can use that tests my hardware components and it tells me pass or fail?

:)

cns00, Sep 7, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Standard Hardware Security not supported

Hi Paul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to run hardware troubleshooter and let us know if that helps.

Type "Troubleshooting" in the
    Windows Search bar and press Enter.

1. Click on "View All" in the top left corner.
    2. This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Also I would suggest to check if there are any update pending with regard to drivers and to do so, please follow steps mentioned below.

1. Search for Device Manager in
      Windows
      search bar.
    2. Click on Device Manager.
    3. Check if there Yellow Exclamation Point in the list of drivers.

Make sure Windows is up to date.

Hope it helps.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Sep 7, 2019
  4. i need another way to do a hardware test

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

i need another way to do a hardware test

1. i need another way to do a hardware test - Similar Threads - need another hardware

2. Do I need to upgrade my hardware or software?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Do I need to upgrade my hardware or software?: Please tell me how to update my computer hardware or software. I am just starting on this journey to develop Android Apps using Android studio. While running the Android Studio Setup Wizard, it concluded with this error: Unable to install Intel® HAXM Unknown Error Please file...
  3. Testing computer for hardware issues?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Testing computer for hardware issues?: I recently ran into an issue where I was unable to boot up Windows on my Dell desktop:- Upon booting, blue screen with white horizontal broken lines- System attempts to reboot- Black screen with windows symbol --> Preparing Automatic repair…...
  4. Is there a way to test MacOS on a PC?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Is there a way to test MacOS on a PC?: Hello I am thinking about switching from Windows to MacOS. However, I have no idea how the software feels and would like to test it beforehand. I have a computer with AMD processor or one with Intel i3 processor. Is there a way to test the system on it? Gibt es eine...
  5. Dell hardware tests

Dell hardware tests: I have an alienware M17 I just took the full Dell hardware test and and found everything was fine except for IntelR UHD Graphics 630. Here are the results under that section of testing. IntelR UHD Graphics 630 GPU Pipeline Data Test Cannot Run IntelR UHD Graphics 630...
  6. Do I need to purchase another Minecraft Bedrock?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to purchase another Minecraft Bedrock?: A while back, I purchased Minecraft Bedrock edition on my pc. I then thought that it would be fun to play with my sister and allowed her to use my Microsoft account to download this version of Minecraft. After a day or two of play, I realized that our Minecraft skins were the...
  7. Do I Need Another MS.net?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I Need Another MS.net?: Hi all, right now I have Win 10 with Microsoft.net version 4.8.30319.0. I have tried installing a couple of free programs but they want to install MS.net version 2 first. Why would I need a lesser version of what I already have and would it hurt to have more than one version?...
  8. Do I Need Another Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I Need Another Antivirus: Please do i need to install another Antivirus or is the Window Defender good enough to scan and fix all virus in my pc [Original Title: Antivirus] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/do-i-need-another-antivirus/ad191c03-5954-440d-875f-04fa7619a0ea
  9. What do I need to do with the hardware errors found?

What do I need to do with the hardware errors found?: Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎9/‎21/‎2018 9:14 AM Status Report sent Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: ab Parameter 1: 4 Parameter 2: 30 Parameter 3: 0...
  10. Is there a way to bench test cd drive to rule out hardware problem.

Is there a way to bench test cd drive to rule out hardware problem.: Dell Inspiron 5720 Windows 10 Home 64 bit – Version 1511 Problem: CD will not work - it spins when a cd is loaded then nothing. The drive shows up under computer. I have uninstalled the driver and asked windows to find the best driver for it - did not work. The drive tell...