Windows 10: I need guidance purchasing a new laptop...

Discus and support I need guidance purchasing a new laptop... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need to purchase a new or used laptop with Windows 10 installed. I think I want to buy a laptop that had Windows 10 Professional initially... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gfr92y, Jan 23, 2020.

1. gfr92y Win User

I need guidance purchasing a new laptop...

I need to purchase a new or used laptop with Windows 10 installed.

I think I want to buy a laptop that had Windows 10 Professional initially installed rather than upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7.

I really do not have any "extra" money... How much computer (laptop) do I need to buy?

Thanks!

Here is a description of my max usage at any one given time:
    • MS Word - 2 or 3 small-to-moderate size documents
    • MS Excel - 2 or 3 small-to-moderate size workbooks
    • MS Outlook - 3 GB .pst file
    • Mathematica 10 (Light usage)
    • Chrome - 8 open Websites
    • MS Media Player
    • Paintshop Pro - 10 Large files
    • NordVPN
    • Kaspersky AV
    • Teamviewer
    • Dragon Naturally Speaking Individual Professional 14

I do not:
    • Game
    • Watch or edit HD Videos
    • Host websites, servers or FTP sites

:)

gfr92y, Jan 23, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Anthony12 Win User
    Getting a new laptop

Yeah this is good that you are going to purcahse new laptop actually i am doing this business and deals in all kind of laptops and computer sales and repairs i would like to suggest you to purchase Core i5 or i7 laptop because this is the latest technology in the laptops which is very best and latest features .....

Give us a call

Anthony12, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Entegy Win User

Voice guidance option missing

After you've got the list of directions, tap a step in the directions list to get the voice guidance. It's not a "real" turn-by-turn where it will automatically tell you when to turn, you have to tap a direction step.

As a fellow Canuck, I recommend you leave all regional options on "English (Canada)" except Browser & search Language. Leave that one on "English (United States)" to get Local Scout.

Entegy, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

1. I need guidance purchasing a new laptop... - Similar Threads - need guidance purchasing

2. I need autoinstall guidance for Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need autoinstall guidance for Windows 11 Pro: I have a semi-working autounattend.xml file. It's only semi because there is a hiccup. Computer configuration:1 500 GB SSD For Linux Debian 121 4 TB HD For Windows 11 ProI have 2 autoinstall isos, one for Debian and one for Windows and I have them on one bootable Drive. I...
  3. I need a new receipt of a past purchase!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need a new receipt of a past purchase!: I bought Windows 11 Pro on my company card to set up a company computer and forgot the dummy account I created since you can't log into your company's account when setting up a new Windows machine but I forgot what account I created and now I need to receipt to reconcile...
  4. I need a new receipt of a past purchase!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need a new receipt of a past purchase!: I bought Windows 11 Pro on my company card to set up a company computer and forgot the dummy account I created since you can't log into your company's account when setting up a new Windows machine but I forgot what account I created and now I need to receipt to reconcile...
  5. need some programming guidance

in Windows 10 Support
    need some programming guidance: i have a practice management system in my dental practice, and we would like to be able to create an on-screen "sticky note" when a patient's account is pulled up. The patient account number is part of the title bar text, and my desire would be to have a text note or a...
  6. Purchased a new Dell Laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Purchased a new Dell Laptop.: Hello, I originally signed up for Microsoft 365 a few years back. Added my wife to use additional account. She purchased a new pc yesterday. She used my user account and outlook email, psassword etc.. So the question i have is can i remove my info from her pc and add her...
  7. Need guidance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need guidance: My sister needs a program that will let her make a burnable dvd/cd for a birthday present. I have absolutely NO experience in this field of things so I figured I would ask here. This program should be able to import and string together .jpgs, some video clips, music files...
  8. Need Help Purchasing New Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Help Purchasing New Monitor: I need to replace my 24" TN panel (1920x1080) Samsung SyncMaster 2494HM and could use some help. Running Windows 10 with an i7-3770K 3.50GHz CPU and GeForce GTX 970 video card. Between my age (retired) and the fact that I use the system more for research and typing than...
  9. Graphics Card Guidance Needed

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics Card Guidance Needed: I'm looking for some guidance on what graphics card or graphics chipset to consider. The computer has a G620 processor at 2.6GHz and runs Windows 10. It has a 380-watt PSU. The computer is used for playing web videos, web browsing, displaying photographs, playing DVD's,...
  10. Guidance needed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Guidance needed: I have set my desktop as I want it I don'tlike all those panels - some I guess I have to have. Now what I would really like is to click on Start and the on/off option/s to beat the bottom instead of having to click the three small bars at the top left handcorner to bring...