Windows 10: I need help changing my root email for my microsoft account but i dont have access to it

Discus and support I need help changing my root email for my microsoft account but i dont have access to it in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need to change the recovery email on my Microsoft account but do not have access to it. The original Email was a 1&1 account that was used for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SeanFaheyX, Dec 18, 2020.

1. I need help changing my root email for my microsoft account but i dont have access to it

I need to change the recovery email on my Microsoft account but do not have access to it. The original Email was a 1&1 account that was used for the family business when set up my Microsoft account back in 2011ish and we stopped using that service in 2014 but dummy me never switched my Email address in my Microsoft profile. Now i cannot recover my pin for the new computer i bought dummy me didn't right the pin down because it sends the verification email to this old dead address. I have tried everything i can to fix online but everything leads back to this dead email that i cannot access and when i called the support number it says everything needs to be handled online. I'm at a loss im stuck in this loop.

:)

SeanFaheyX, Dec 18, 2020

2. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Dec 18, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Dec 18, 2020
  4. I need help changing my root email for my microsoft account but i dont have access to it

Microsoft Account Email Change

Hi Carlo,

Do you want to replace the current account with another Microsoft Account?

I suggest you to convert the current Microsoft Account to a local account and then convert back to Microsoft account but while doing so add the new Microsoft account that you want to replace with the old.

This way you would not need to transfer all her applications, software, data, etc.

1. Convert Microsoft Account to a local account

• From the Desktop. Press the Windows key and then press the letter R.
    • This will bring up the run box.
    • Type Control Panel and click OK.
    • This will bring up the control panel and you will be able to access the user accounts from there.
    • To change to local account, do the above steps, If in category view Click on user accounts and Family safety.
    • Then click on user accounts. Click on make changes to my account in PC settings. You should be able to change to a local account.

2. Convert local account to a Microsoft Account

Step 1:
    Go to Start
    I need help changing my root email for my microsoft account but i dont have access to it 6ec55dc1-424c-4352-b681-3d4a8342bc62.png?n=windows-10-windows-icon-20.png
    , and select
    Settings > Accounts > Your account.

Step 2:

Look to see which kind of account you used to sign in:

• A Microsoft account. If you're already signed in with a Microsoft account, your name and email address appear above your account picture.
    • A local account. If you're signed in with a local account, you'll see the words
      Local Account below your name, along with the Connect to a Microsoft account link.

Switch your local account to a Microsoft account.

Step 1:
    Go to Start
    I need help changing my root email for my microsoft account but i dont have access to it 6ec55dc1-424c-4352-b681-3d4a8342bc62.png?n=windows-10-windows-icon-20.png
    , and select
    Settings > Accounts > Your account.

Step 2:
    Select Sign in with a Microsoft account.

You might have to verify your password.

Step 3:
    Choose one of the following:

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries on the issue above. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

I need help changing my root email for my microsoft account but i dont have access to it

1. I need help changing my root email for my microsoft account but i dont have access to it - Similar Threads - need help changing

2. I need help to change the email with Microsoft so that I can access my Outlook traditional...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help to change the email with Microsoft so that I can access my Outlook traditional...: Windows 11 / Microsoft Office Professional 2019 >> My Outlook app is linked to an OBSOLETE email account. I can't sign in with that account because I no longer have access to that email account we relocated -that service was not available at our new home and it is no longer...
  3. I need help to change the email with Microsoft so that I can access my Outlook traditional...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help to change the email with Microsoft so that I can access my Outlook traditional...: Windows 11 / Microsoft Office Professional 2019 >> My Outlook app is linked to an OBSOLETE email account. I can't sign in with that account because I no longer have access to that email account we relocated -that service was not available at our new home and it is no longer...
  4. I need help changing my email on my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help changing my email on my Microsoft account: I need help changing my email on my Microsoft account. was considering closing Microsoft completely. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-changing-my-email-on-my-microsoft/40e488c8-a946-46db-8e41-aab8aaa2ce4d
  5. I need help changing my email on my Microsoft account

I need help changing my email on my Microsoft account: I need help changing my email on my Microsoft account. was considering closing Microsoft completely. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-changing-my-email-on-my-microsoft/40e488c8-a946-46db-8e41-aab8aaa2ce4d
  6. I need to change my email address on my Microsoft account for signing in

I need to change my email address on my Microsoft account for signing in: I need to update my email and sign in on my Microsoft account. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-change-my-email-address-on-my-microsoft/01f3b29f-ca0a-4669-bce4-24b11a969ec3
  7. i really need help for me to have access with my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i really need help for me to have access with my Microsoft account: i've been trying to recover my 2nd account but the form always says not enough information. Microsoft Agents can't help me either. i'm really frustrated. HELP!!!! I need advice that will surely help!!!!...
  8. i really need help for me to have access with my Microsoft account

i really need help for me to have access with my Microsoft account: i've been trying to recover my 2nd account but the form always says not enough information. Microsoft Agents can't help me either. i'm really frustrated. HELP!!!! I need advice that will surely help!!!!...
  9. I want to change my Microsoft account email but I can't access my email

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to change my Microsoft account email but I can't access my email: I just had my Gmail account hooked to my Microsoft account get deleted for trying to make another Gmail account. I still know the password to my Microsoft account, but now I can't access anything when it asks for a code that has been sent to my Gmail that was deleted. I can...
  10. I need help with my Microsoft email.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help with my Microsoft email.: I changed my Microsoft email a while back and I've been running into an issue when I try to sign into my Xbox account or when I try to download something off of the Microsoft store it pops up with me needing to sign into my old email but I cant because it says it doesn't...