Windows 10: I need help changing Windows 10 “Require Sign-In” selection that is greyed out – getting...

Discus and support I need help changing Windows 10 “Require Sign-In” selection that is greyed out – getting... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I need help changing Windows 10 “Require Sign-In” selection that is greyed out – getting “windows hello is preventing some options from being shown”... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by stevez33, Feb 26, 2020.

1. stevez33 Win User

I need help changing Windows 10 “Require Sign-In” selection that is greyed out – getting...

I need help changing Windows 10 “Require Sign-In” selection that is greyed out – getting “windows hello is preventing some options from being shown” message

I have a new Lenovo X1 Yoga Gen 4 with Windows 10 Pro. It is setup for a workgroup and NOT a domain. I have the latest Lenovo drivers and Windows 1909 build 18363.657 updates as well.

My 4-year old Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 4 has the same Windows 10 Pro configuration and OS version and latest update.

Both systems are configured with

1. Password, PIN and Fingerprint sign-in options are setup and working fine.
    2. Windows Hello Face, Security Key, Dynamic Lock and Picture password ARE NOT setup setup nor needed.
    3. I am the administrative user.
    4. Power Management profile settings that when plugged into AC Power, the display will turn off after 30 minutes.

The intended behavior on my old system is that I can walk up and giggle my mouse if the display was off and the display wakes up, presents my open apps where I left off no requirement to sign back in. On my old system, this was a setting in the Windows 10 Sign-In Option screen where I selected in the “Require sign-in” value of “When PC wakes from sleep”. e.g. since I am not waking from a sleep, don’t require sign-in

My new system does not have this sign-in option and the Require sign-in drop list is greyed out with the value “Every Time” pre-populated. Hence, when the screen turns off, when I approach my machine I must sign-in by password, pin or finger. The system was not in a Sleep, Hibernation or Powered off state. The new system also has the message in the “Require sign-in…” section that reads “windows hello is preventing some options from being shown”.

I have scoured the internet and tried a many group policy and registry setting suggestions, and nothing works.

There are two noticeable differences between my old and new systems.

1. Power Management Options – My old system has 12 categories of configurable Power Options under advanced settings, where my new system only has 5. Desktop background settings, Sleep, Power buttons and lid, Display and Battery. I don’t get the link to show. I found a few sites that list out the hidden Power Options that I can add via a command line prompt, but none of the 50+ items seem to control the require sign-in feature.
    2. BIOS – The old Bios is the classic text/DOS looking BIOS where my new BIOS is newer graphical interface-based BIOS with mouse capabilities.

Thank You in advance for your help and support on this frustrating issue.

:)

stevez33, Feb 26, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Require Sign-in option in Windows 10 is greyed out

Hi,

It seems that the UAC (User Account Control) settings has been set at the highest level that is why the require sign-in option is greyed out. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which edition of Windows 10 is installed?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Meanwhile, you can try to lower down the UAC settings, one level, and check if you will still encounter the same issue.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Tahir13 Win User
    Require Sign-in option in Windows 10 is greyed out

Hi,

I am trying to change the Require Sign-in option from "When PC wakes up from sleep" to "Never" on Windows 10 BUT it's greyed out and wondering how I can change this option?

This option is in Settings -> Accounts -> Sign - in options -> Require Sign in (screenshot below).

Just to let you know that, I have already tried following but no success...

GPO

Password Protect the screen saver: Tired - it's not this policy

Require password when computer wakes up: Tired - it's not this policy

And we are not using any GPO on domain side to control these settings.

Local Admin

Login with local admin account on domain joined machine: still greyed out.

Login with local admin account on non domain joined machine: still greyed out.

Registry Keys

I have found the registry keys to change power saver settings but couldn't find any registry key which control this option.

All I am trying to disable "lock screen with password" when PC/laptop goes to sleep, I can change these settings from Power Settings but they doesn't work, it looks like Require Sign-in option keep over riding
    Power Settings.

Any help??

I need help changing Windows 10 “Require Sign-In” selection that is greyed out – getting... a96d1c98-8f79-4a1f-a6db-4279df144bda.png

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows Hello, lock screen & sign-in

Tahir13, Feb 26, 2020
  4. I need help changing Windows 10 “Require Sign-In” selection that is greyed out – getting...

"authentication is required when this pc wakes up from sleep" to change this setting is greyed out in Windows 10

I didn't change this setting but all of a sudden I am required to sign in when my PC wakes up from sleep. When I go to Sign In Options it says that "Authentication is required when this PC wakes up from sleep. To change this, go to Settings and search
    for Power & Sleep. However, the area to change is greyed out and Power and Sleep offers no changes for sign in. I am using Windows 10 and all of the suggestions to fix this problem do not seem to apply to Windows 10.

NancyTowers, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

I need help changing Windows 10 “Require Sign-In” selection that is greyed out – getting...

1. I need help changing Windows 10 “Require Sign-In” selection that is greyed out – getting... - Similar Threads - need help changing

2. Require Sign-In Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Require Sign-In Greyed Out: Hello,There was an older thread but the advice is out-of-date. I am using windows 10 home edition. My camera doesn't support Hello Face. I do not have Local Group Policy Editor. I shut down my computer and when it booted up I had this issue. How can I turn off Require...
  3. Require Sign-In Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Require Sign-In Greyed Out: Hello,There was an older thread but the advice is out-of-date. I am using windows 10 home edition. My camera doesn't support Hello Face. I do not have Local Group Policy Editor. I shut down my computer and when it booted up I had this issue. How can I turn off Require...
  4. Require Sign-In Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Require Sign-In options greyed out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Require Sign-In options greyed out: My computer currently does not require a PIN/Password to log in when it wakes from sleep. I would like it to have this requirement. Unfortunately, the Sign-In option for "Require Sign-In" says "Never" and is greyed out so I can't change it. There is a message that says...
  6. Require Sign-In options greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Require Sign-In options greyed out: My computer currently does not require a PIN/Password to log in when it wakes from sleep. I would like it to have this requirement. Unfortunately, the Sign-In option for "Require Sign-In" says "Never" and is greyed out so I can't change it. There is a message that says...
  7. Require Sign-In options greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Require Sign-In options are greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Require Sign-In options are greyed out: I just purchased a new dell xps 2-1 with Windows 10 home version 1903 installed. I am going crazy having to re-sign in every time my screen turns off. When I go into my account settings under sign-in options, the drop down menu under "require sign-in" is greyed out and...
  9. Settings selection is greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Settings selection is greyed out: I have just activated OneDrive on a new laptop. It immediately started to synch all files. I stopped the synch because I only want to install a subset of my OneDrive on this laptop. If found how to do that elsewhere in this Community but the first steps are: more>Settings -...
  10. Password selection greyed out

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password selection greyed out: Everytime for the last day that I have turned on my netbook (Toshiba kirabook) the password box would be greyed out, not letting me click on it and type in my password. The shut down and switch user buttons are also greyed out as well. I've had windows 10 downloaded now for a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. require sign in is greyed out

2. windows 10 require sign-in greyed out