Windows 10: I need help diagnosing a suddenly sluggish stuttering Win 10 install

Discus and support I need help diagnosing a suddenly sluggish stuttering Win 10 install in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi All, I started my back up Win 10 PC tonite to do any last updates before I put in in the closet and It started up oddly and is very sluggish now.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by metalman228, Jul 12, 2019 at 8:22 PM.

1. I need help diagnosing a suddenly sluggish stuttering Win 10 install

Hi All,

I started my back up Win 10 PC tonite to do any last updates before I put in in the closet and It started up oddly and is very sluggish now. It did do a few updates, and each time, I walked back into the room to a black screen. It seemed stuck there. I tapped the mouse and it returned to a update screen. It also seems jittery, and the 3D screensaver now jerks around in a circle, rather than in the normal smooth flowing way. One time it was actually stopped, than it slowly started jittering around. In know something is wrong and I need to correct it . But being a backup PC would just resetting and starting from scratch be easier.

Looking for some suggestions

:)

2. x509 Win User

Win 10 CU (not FCU) stutters and freezes a lot with various operations

I get momentary freezes and stuttering with a range of Windows menu operations. *sarc These are the ones that are top of mind but I'm sure there are others. Win 10 Pro 64, up to date on patches.

• Xing out a FireFox tab
    • Click on FILE menu (drop down is delayed)
    • FILE > Print (printer list or print menu is delayed)
    • Selecting a higher level on the file path in the SAVE menu
    • Search menu at bottom of Windows
    • Typing in many situations.

Any suggestions? Or this this a known problem in Win 10? I've had this problem for some time, but lately it has gotten me really PO'ed.*Confused

3. CesarGon Win User
    Windows 10 suddenly turned sluggish

I use Windows 10 on a Dell Precision M6600 workstation. It is a few years old but high-end laptop, with an i7 processor, 12 GB RAM, two 256-GB SSDs, and an NVIDIA 3000M graphics adapter. I have been running Windows 7, then 8.1 and then 10 with excellent performance.

Suddenly, one or two months ago, the machine turned sluggish. Opening Edge takes a few seconds, switching tabs takes also a few seconds, and working with large and complex documents in Word or Publisher, which used to be snappy, is now almost impossible; they often freeze for several seconds when zooming in on a page. Entering text into the Windows/Cortana search box is almost impossible: buffered characters appear one per second or worse.

CPU, memory, and disk loads seem not to be the problem, because Task Manager and Performance Monitor report very low figures. For example, when Publisher or Word freeze up, CPU rarely goes above 10%, memory is usually around 30 or 40%, and disk rarely goes above 5%.

A couple of weeks ago, I repaired Windows (which deleted all the installed apps but kept my data) and reinstalled everything. For a few days, the machine performed very well, but then it went back to being sluggish as usual. It seems that becoming sluggish is a gradual process over an extended period of time rather than a sudden change.

I have considered a faulty video driver, but honestly I have no idea what the problem may be, or how to diagnose it. Can you help? Thanks.

4. I need help diagnosing a suddenly sluggish stuttering Win 10 install

FPS drops below 10 every couple of minutes

Very interesting. Our default suggestion list for fighting stutter becomes more interesting.

Ferrum Master, Jul 12, 2019 at 8:23 PM
Thema:

I need help diagnosing a suddenly sluggish stuttering Win 10 install

1. I need help diagnosing a suddenly sluggish stuttering Win 10 install - Similar Threads - need help diagnosing

2. I need help diagnosing a suddenly sluggish stuttering Win 10 install

in Windows 10 Support
    I need help diagnosing a suddenly sluggish stuttering Win 10 install: Hi All, I started my back up Win 10 PC tonite to do any last updates before I put in in the closet and It started up oddly and is very sluggish now. It did do a few updates, and each time, I walked back into the room to a black screen. It seemed stuck there. I tapped the...
  3. I need help with fresh install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need help with fresh install: My computer was not running my games well, so i tried installing new drivers. (I have a Gtx 970) The driver completely messed up my native resolution from 1600x900 to 1600x1200. I went into device manager and uninstalled the driver, and restarted so i could get the default...
  4. Need help diagnosing BSOD Windows 10 x64

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help diagnosing BSOD Windows 10 x64: Getting BSODs randomly. Attached dump from the latest here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aq0O0R3FXTRQ4gKTN7Eb9flNKF-j Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-diagnosing-bsod-windows-10-x64/b68a0a7a-407e-4213-8f0a-fd22a6b22fee
  5. I need help to activate my Win 10..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need help to activate my Win 10..: im trying to activate my pc but im lost help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-to-activate-my-win-10/0b05e30f-a3c9-4aac-905a-28f54a510d6e
  6. Need help diagnosing momentary freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help diagnosing momentary freezes: I am getting momentary freezes that I cannot figure out. The best way to explain it is the computer just stops randomly for a millisecond or so, then continues. This kills me during gaming, but still annoying just perusing the web. While scrolling down a page it will stop for...
  7. Need help migrating/installing Win 10 into new HDD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need help migrating/installing Win 10 into new HDD: Hello all! In need of some help and I hope this is the forum that can solve my issue. If not would anyone mind pointing me in the right direction as I'm really clueless right now.*Redface Setup: Laptop 1 - Acer Aspire V3-771G-9809 - Notebookcheck.net External Reviews...
  8. stuttering since Win 10 AU install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    stuttering since Win 10 AU install: Hello, My HP Envy laptop has been stuttering since the Anniversary Upgrade a few weeks ago. I ran LatencyMon, but don't know what to do with the results, which clearly show a problem. Can someone provide some guidance? Here's the LatencyMon report:...
  9. Windows 10 suddenly sluggish

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 suddenly sluggish: Checked cpu/gpu/hd/memory usage - normal. Changed swap size to recommended - no changes. Ran SFC and fixed everything - still as sluggish. It seems games are running just fine and all, but the general UI and everything else seems so sluggish (the general response time of...
  10. PC suddenly freezing and sluggish.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC suddenly freezing and sluggish.: My Dell Inspiron 580 Desktop PC running Windows 10 was fine when I switched it off but the next day won't work properly. It will eventually boot after about 10 mins to the desktop but if you hove over the start menu or quicklaunch menu you just get the egg timer. I usually...