Windows 10: I need help diagnosing a suddenly sluggish stuttering Win 10 install

Discus and support I need help diagnosing a suddenly sluggish stuttering Win 10 install in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi All, I started my back up Win 10 PC tonite to do any last updates before I put in in the closet and It started up oddly and is very sluggish now.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by metalman228, Jul 12, 2019.

1. I need help diagnosing a suddenly sluggish stuttering Win 10 install

Hi All,

I started my back up Win 10 PC tonite to do any last updates before I put in in the closet and It started up oddly and is very sluggish now. It did do a few updates, and each time, I walked back into the room to a black screen. It seemed stuck there. I tapped the mouse and it returned to a update screen. It also seems jittery, and the 3D screensaver now jerks around in a circle, rather than in the normal smooth flowing way. One time it was actually stopped, than it slowly started jittering around. In know something is wrong and I need to correct it . But being a backup PC would just resetting and starting from scratch be easier.

Looking for some suggestions

:)

metalman228, Jul 12, 2019
  2. x509 Win User

Win 10 CU (not FCU) stutters and freezes a lot with various operations

I get momentary freezes and stuttering with a range of Windows menu operations. *sarc These are the ones that are top of mind but I'm sure there are others. Win 10 Pro 64, up to date on patches.

• Xing out a FireFox tab
    • Click on FILE menu (drop down is delayed)
    • FILE > Print (printer list or print menu is delayed)
    • Selecting a higher level on the file path in the SAVE menu
    • Search menu at bottom of Windows
    • Typing in many situations.

Any suggestions? Or this this a known problem in Win 10? I've had this problem for some time, but lately it has gotten me really PO'ed.*Confused

3. CesarGon Win User
    Windows 10 suddenly turned sluggish

I use Windows 10 on a Dell Precision M6600 workstation. It is a few years old but high-end laptop, with an i7 processor, 12 GB RAM, two 256-GB SSDs, and an NVIDIA 3000M graphics adapter. I have been running Windows 7, then 8.1 and then 10 with excellent performance.

Suddenly, one or two months ago, the machine turned sluggish. Opening Edge takes a few seconds, switching tabs takes also a few seconds, and working with large and complex documents in Word or Publisher, which used to be snappy, is now almost impossible; they often freeze for several seconds when zooming in on a page. Entering text into the Windows/Cortana search box is almost impossible: buffered characters appear one per second or worse.

CPU, memory, and disk loads seem not to be the problem, because Task Manager and Performance Monitor report very low figures. For example, when Publisher or Word freeze up, CPU rarely goes above 10%, memory is usually around 30 or 40%, and disk rarely goes above 5%.

A couple of weeks ago, I repaired Windows (which deleted all the installed apps but kept my data) and reinstalled everything. For a few days, the machine performed very well, but then it went back to being sluggish as usual. It seems that becoming sluggish is a gradual process over an extended period of time rather than a sudden change.

I have considered a faulty video driver, but honestly I have no idea what the problem may be, or how to diagnose it. Can you help? Thanks.

CesarGon, Jul 12, 2019
  4. I need help diagnosing a suddenly sluggish stuttering Win 10 install

FPS drops below 10 every couple of minutes

Very interesting. Our default suggestion list for fighting stutter becomes more interesting.

Ferrum Master, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

I need help diagnosing a suddenly sluggish stuttering Win 10 install

1. I need help diagnosing a suddenly sluggish stuttering Win 10 install - Similar Threads - need help diagnosing

2. Need Help Diagnosing Instabilities

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Diagnosing Instabilities: Hello, I have recently been experiencing system instabilies ranging from application crashes to various forms of BSOD. I have done what I know how to in addressing the issues, and have lessened them greatly, but have yet to completely correct the issues. Recently it seems...
  3. Need Help Diagnosing Instabilities

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help Diagnosing Instabilities: Hello, I have recently been experiencing system instabilies ranging from application crashes to various forms of BSOD. I have done what I know how to in addressing the issues, and have lessened them greatly, but have yet to completely correct the issues. Recently it seems...
  4. BSOD - need help diagnosing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - need help diagnosing: Hi, as explained I need some help diagnosing a BSOD.The issues occur usually once or twice a day, more often when I'm in the process of closing an application usually a game.I've done all windows updates and driver updates I can, I've also upgraded from Win10 to Win11 after a...
  5. I need help with diagnosing a BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need help with diagnosing a BSOD.: My computer keeps blue screening. I bought a new 2TB SSD and used clonzilla to clone the older 500GB drive. Everything boots up and runs well. It ran for a good amount of time but is now blue screening occasionally. I could use some help with the Dump file. In WinDbg Preview...
  6. I need help with diagnosing a BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with diagnosing a BSOD.: My computer keeps blue screening. I bought a new 2TB SSD and used clonzilla to clone the older 500GB drive. Everything boots up and runs well. It ran for a good amount of time but is now blue screening occasionally. I could use some help with the Dump file. In WinDbg Preview...
  7. I need help with diagnosing a BSOD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I need help with installing Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help with installing Win 10: I'm trying to install Win 10 on a blank pc and it will recognize the flash drive connected, but it won't recognize Win 10 downloaded on it. I have redownloaded Win 10 multiple times and tested it on the pc I have running currently and it works. Please help. USB has ~ 29 gb...
  9. I need help diagnosing a suddenly sluggish stuttering Win 10 install

in Windows 10 Support
    I need help diagnosing a suddenly sluggish stuttering Win 10 install: Hi All, I started my back up Win 10 PC tonite to do any last updates before I put in in the closet and It started up oddly and is very sluggish now. It did do a few updates, and each time, I walked back into the room to a black screen. It seemed stuck there. I tapped the...
  10. Windows 10 suddenly sluggish

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 suddenly sluggish: Checked cpu/gpu/hd/memory usage - normal. Changed swap size to recommended - no changes. Ran SFC and fixed everything - still as sluggish. It seems games are running just fine and all, but the general UI and everything else seems so sluggish (the general response time of...