Windows 10: I need help disabling all password/pin for pc

Discus and support I need help disabling all password/pin for pc in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello all, i recently upgraded my old windows 7 pc to win 10 and after going to my Microsoft account to check on my devices now on my main win 10 pc i... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by metalman228, Jul 6, 2019.

1. I need help disabling all password/pin for pc

Hello all, i recently upgraded my old windows 7 pc to win 10 and after going to my Microsoft account to check on my devices now on my main win 10 pc i cannot log in with out a pin or password and there are two of my names showing on the desktop after a restart. I need help bad for the following:

1) REMOVE THE NAMES ON THE DESKTOP

2) REMOVING ALL NECESSARY REQUIREMENTS FOR A PIN/PASSWORD/FINGERPRINT/RETNA SCAN ETC

This PC is in a secure environment and i want it to start and go directly to desktop. It was that way before and i cannot even use my PC now without loginsheets nearby.

PLEASE HELP !!!

:)

metalman228, Jul 6, 2019

2. Disabling User Passwords Disables PIN and Hello?

Hello Eric,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the sign in option is not working after you disabled the option for PIN input for password.

At this point, I would suggest you to deploy the
    System Restore option in Windows.

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you

create a restore point manually
    . Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.

• Search Control Panel for Recovery.

• Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

• Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select
      Next > Finish.

In order to disable the PIN sign in option in Windows 10, refer to the below steps.

Step 1: Access PC settings and open
    Users and accounts

Step 2: Select Sign-in options and tap the
    Remove
    button under PIN.

Note: you can navigate to the same path in order to re-enable the PIN.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jul 6, 2019
  4. I need help disabling all password/pin for pc

Want to sign on with PIN instead of Password

Thank you for your reply Person.

Glad to know that the Pop up with the password manager is disabled with the above suggestion.

Try the below suggestions to fix the issue with Signing in using PIN authentication.

Steps 1: Launch the File Explorer.

Step 2: Browse to this location, and delete the contents of the folder.

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

Step 3: Go to Settings (Press Windows
    and I key), Accounts > Sign in Options.

Step 4: Click on Add a PIN and set your PIN.

Step 5: Restart the computer and check the status of the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

I need help disabling all password/pin for pc

1. I need help disabling all password/pin for pc - Similar Threads - need help disabling

2. I need help with my pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I need help with my pin: I hadn’t been on my pc in a while and when I tried to log back in it said something happened to my pin and whenever I try to reset it I get an error saying try again later...
  3. I need help with my pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with my pin: I hadn’t been on my pc in a while and when I tried to log back in it said something happened to my pin and whenever I try to reset it I get an error saying try again later...
  4. Need help with PIN

Need help with PIN: "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again". I'm running into this problem again, I came on here about a week or so ago and was provided a solution that seemed to only work for a short period of...
  5. I need help to reset a disabled person's password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help to reset a disabled person's password: I am helping a partially sighted elderly gentleman. His old computer has died; he had been given a new computer, but cannot remember any passwords. Have submitted reset password form twice, but it has been rejected for lack of information. This gentleman lives on his computer...
  6. I need help to reset a disabled person's password

I need help to reset a disabled person's password: I am helping a partially sighted elderly gentleman. His old computer has died; he had been given a new computer, but cannot remember any passwords. Have submitted reset password form twice, but it has been rejected for lack of information. This gentleman lives on his computer...
  7. Windows 11 needs PIN - lost PIN & Password - Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 needs PIN - lost PIN & Password - Help!: Hello,I opened my laptop that I've been using for the last year with facial recognition to unlock, and it says my pin is required. I do not have the "reset my pin" option, and I also do not remember the password. There is an option to reset password, but it says I need to...
  8. Windows 11 needs PIN - lost PIN & Password - Help!

Windows 11 needs PIN - lost PIN & Password - Help!: Hello,I opened my laptop that I've been using for the last year with facial recognition to unlock, and it says my pin is required. I do not have the "reset my pin" option, and I also do not remember the password. There is an option to reset password, but it says I need to...
  9. Disable password/pin on login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable password/pin on login: Hello. Currently when I log in it asks me for either a password or a pin for my Microsoft account. Is there a way to disable the password when I log in? Do I need to switch from a Microsoft account login to a local account login? If I do switch will that change anything i.e.,...
  10. Need help pin disabled password not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Need help pin disabled password not working: My pc is telling me my pin is not an option put my password in an Every pass word I have isnt working my version is before 1803 is there anything I can do when I went into safe mode it had the option to reset password but when I click on it it says I need a usb drive when I...