Windows 10: I need help editing text in the search bar window

Discus and support I need help editing text in the search bar window in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, I have a user which is trying to change the text area when you click on the search bar next to the start button in windows 10, he would like to... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Sater K, Apr 21, 2023.

1. Sater K Win User

I need help editing text in the search bar window

Hello, I have a user which is trying to change the text area when you click on the search bar next to the start button in windows 10, he would like to change the "company name recommended" part of the photo, but I have no idea where that is stored. We are on a domain, and I have to think this is somehow tied to the domain but don't even know what to search for as the only things that come seem to be how to edit what the text says in the search bar and that's not the same thing. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!-Sater

:)

Sater K, Apr 21, 2023

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 21, 2023
  3. "Search the web and Windows" text input stuck in the taskbar

Hi Rob,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to perform the following steps and check:

• Right Click on task bar and select "Search" and select "Show Search icon".
    See if that helps. I would also like to inform you that you can pin your favorite items to task bar by right click and selecting "Pin to task Bar".

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Apr 21, 2023
  4. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Apr 21, 2023
Thema:

1. I need help editing text in the search bar window - Similar Threads - need help editing

2. Why is search bar not accepting text?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is search bar not accepting text?: Search bar and touch keyboard is not accepting text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-search-bar-not-accepting-text/4d91ad28-26b8-4436-b30a-4bb817f424e9
  3. Why is search bar not accepting text?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is search bar not accepting text?: Search bar and touch keyboard is not accepting text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-search-bar-not-accepting-text/4d91ad28-26b8-4436-b30a-4bb817f424e9
  4. Why is search bar not accepting text?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. why is search bar not accepting text?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is search bar not accepting text?: Windows 10 search bar not accepting text. Also, touch keyboard not accepting text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-search-bar-not-accepting-text/baa2fcff-e24b-4b8a-86e5-a8046f35546e
  6. why is search bar not accepting text?

why is search bar not accepting text?: Windows 10 search bar not accepting text. Also, touch keyboard not accepting text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-search-bar-not-accepting-text/baa2fcff-e24b-4b8a-86e5-a8046f35546e
  7. I need help editing text in the search bar window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help editing text in the search bar window: Hello, I have a user which is trying to change the text area when you click on the search bar next to the start button in windows 10, he would like to change the "company name recommended" part of the photo, but I have no idea where that is stored. We are on a domain, and I...
  8. I need help editing text in the search bar window

I need help editing text in the search bar window: Hello, I have a user which is trying to change the text area when you click on the search bar next to the start button in windows 10, he would like to change the "company name recommended" part of the photo, but I have no idea where that is stored. We are on a domain, and I...
  9. This search bar won’t go away I need help with that

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This search bar won’t go away I need help with that: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sunshine-the-wolf [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/howpq1/this_search_bar_wont_go_away_i_need_help_with_that/
  10. I Need help with my search bar

in Cortana
    I Need help with my search bar: The search bar was working fine for a long time but i don't know why it doesn't anymore . When i try to search anything nothing happens just some purple dots on the top moving really fast and nothing else shows up pls help me this is driving me crazy !! Thanks!...