Windows 10: I need help Factory resetting my laptop with Windows 10

Discus and support I need help Factory resetting my laptop with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I know this is a common question, yet I'm unable to do it. I have tried factory resetting from being logged in but it restarts the computer and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shawnty, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Shawnty Win User

I need help Factory resetting my laptop with Windows 10

Hi,

I know this is a common question, yet I'm unable to do it. I have tried factory resetting from being logged in but it restarts the computer and says "something went wrong".

So my alternative is to create a USB using the Mediacreationtool.exe downloadable here on the Microsoft webpage. I've done this, and when I restart my computer and boot from the disc I get to a window which asks me to choose
    #1 language
    #2 timezone
    #3 keyboard language.

I input the settings and then reach a window which says "Install Windows". The guides I've read states to factory reset I need to click the other button saying "repair windows..." or similar text.

I click the repair window and reach the Troubleshoot window. Here I'm presented with 6 alternatives.
    Startup Repair
    Command prompt
    Uninstall updates

UEFI firmware settings
    System restore
    System Image recovery.

So the 2 alternatives I see here are the 2 later ones, system restore and system image recovery.

Alternative 1: System Image recovery
    If I try System Image recovery it says i reach a warning box saying:

"Reimage Your computer

Windows cannot find a system image on this computer

Attach the backup hard drive or insert the final DVD from a backup set and click retry. Alternatively, close this dialog for more options."

I click cancel and tries to browse for an image, which I'm unsuccessful to do.

Alternative 2: System restore
    i click system restore and reach an error window
    "System Restore

To use System Restore you must specify which windows installation to restore. Restart this computer, select an operating system and then select System Restore."

And from here I'm unable to solve Alternative #1 and #2.

Could I get some guidance on how to factory reset my computer, and if I've done any mistakes on the way.

Cheers, Jonathan

:)

Shawnty, Apr 2, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Apr 2, 2020
  3. HP Laptop Windows 10 reset to factory default

Hi,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer this question to get more clarity on this issue:

• How are you trying to reset your pc to factory setting?

As you have a laptop, ensure that the laptop is not running on battery and the power cable is plugged in to the socket.

Let us follow the steps suggested by “Babu V” in the following thread that speaks about a possible solution for the related issue:

Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”: Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 2, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

1. I need help Factory resetting my laptop with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - need help Factory

2. i need help factory resetting windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help factory resetting windows: i need help with factory resetting windows 11 laptop, when i try to factory reset it it gives me an error when i try to what can i do??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-factory-resetting-windows/7eab709d-3b4f-443b-a2a4-567214524a11
  3. i need help factory resetting windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need help factory resetting windows: i need help with factory resetting windows 11 laptop, when i try to factory reset it it gives me an error when i try to what can i do??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-factory-resetting-windows/7eab709d-3b4f-443b-a2a4-567214524a11
  4. Factory resetting my windows but I need some help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory resetting my windows but I need some help: So I'm not an expert on this kind of stuff at all, and don't ask why but I'm completely resetting my pc. I'm just wondering, from doing the method that cleans my drive completely and erases all my data, I'm pretty sure I have to download my driver's again right? My pc is...
  5. Old School Laptop - Need help to factory reset.

Old School Laptop - Need help to factory reset.: So I've got an old school laptop and I'm trying to figure out how to factory reset it. It's still connected to the schools domain and I can't factory reset from settings without admin password and username, which I can't get (whatsoever). How do I factory reset this...
  6. need help factory resetting my pc

need help factory resetting my pc: Earlier today, i decided to reset my pc. I it go for an hour. I noticed it was stuck on 35% but the circle was still spinning. i shut my pc down and then tried to reset it again,. when i tried, it said problem resetting yourpc, no changes made. Anyone have any ideas on how to...
  7. [HELP] I would like to factory reset my LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    [HELP] I would like to factory reset my LAPTOP: I got bumped into this one video on YouTube which says that I should do before using a new laptop. It introduces me to Macrium Reflect. New laptop users should always save a snapshot of the factory-configured laptop (without windows updates) so you could always start fresh...
  8. HELP! MY LAPTOP FACTORY RESET BY ITSELF!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HELP! MY LAPTOP FACTORY RESET BY ITSELF!: Hello. I'm Dalila. So this morning when I'm trying to turn on my laptop by key in my password, it says that "windows problem.... need to sign out" something like that because I just woke up from sleep and need to do some report. Last time I used my laptop was three days ago....
  9. Need help resetting pc to factory

Need help resetting pc to factory: I’m selling it and it says couldn’t reset nothing was changed no error code submitted by /u/imnotafuckboidrip [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkmg3p/need_help_resetting_pc_to_factory/
  10. Need help to factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help to factory reset: Hi my laptop today for some random reason crashed. When i try to turn it back on it constantly gives me the blue screen error message. When i try to factory reset it, it gives me a message saying not enough storage space. I've tried every single reset option none of them...