Windows 10: I need help finding out how to block a child from downloading apps in Windows10.

Discus and support I need help finding out how to block a child from downloading apps in Windows10. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft Family account setup, with several child accounts attached. Only the parent account is an Administrator. My child is somehow able to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JD_699, Oct 16, 2020.

1. JD_699 Win User

I need help finding out how to block a child from downloading apps in Windows10.

I have a Microsoft Family account setup, with several child accounts attached. Only the parent account is an Administrator. My child is somehow able to install other browsers Brave, Opera, Waterfox - so far. First, these shouldn't work once installed since the Family account settings is supposed to block all other browsers other than Edge. However, I don't think a non-Administrator account should be able to install programs in Windows10 not from the store - that part is disabled within the Family settings.

Can anyone help here? How do I prevent apps from being downloaded and installed?

THanks!!

:)

JD_699, Oct 16, 2020
  2. JD_699 Win User

I need helping finding out how to block a child from downloading apps in Windows10.

I have a Microsoft Family account setup, with several child accounts attached. Only the parent account is an Administrator. My child is somehow able to install other browsers (Brave, Opera, Waterfox - so far). First, these shouldn't work once installed since
    the Family account settings is supposed to block all other browsers other than Edge. However, I don't think a non-Administrator account should be able to install programs in Windows10 (not from the store - that part is disabled within the Family settings).

Can anyone help here? How do I prevent apps from being downloaded and installed?

THanks!!

JD_699, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Block Google Chrome for Child

I have 5 kids to setup content restrictions for. Though I love that Microsoft gives the power to have the safety features it does, the process is RIDICULOUS if you are doing it for more than 1 child!!!

I attempted to setup my 3 younger kids to only have access to a couple of specific websites, but no other sites. During that process I removed Google Chrome from the blocked apps list. What I did not know was that I had to use Microsoft Edge (one of the
    worst browsers ever) to use the feature that only allows certain sites. So now Google Chrome is no longer a blocked app, but yet the site has no way to just add it back.

I looked up how to block an app and was SHOCKED by the official info from Microsoft. See Below. Basically your kid has to use an app before you can add it to the blocked list. Doesn't that defy the purpose of having safety features for a child?

Besides... I used my child's account and opened Chrome, yet it still DID NOT show up in their activity list in order to block it. NOW WHAT?

FROM MICROSOFT

Blocking specific apps is possible with the Microsoft Account's Family Safety Feature. To block a specific application on your child's account, it is a requirement that the app must be used by your child, so that it will appear in under the Recent Activity
    list. For your child's security, you can log in as the child and launch the app to satisfy this requirement.

Follow these steps to successfully block specific applications:

1. Visit the Microsoft Family website and then sign in your Microsoft Account.
    2. Click the account of the child that you want to block from using an app.
    3. Select Recent Activity.
    4. Click to ensure that Activity Reporting is turned on.
    5. Scroll down and look for Apps & Games.
    6. Choose the apps that you want to block on your child's account.
    7. Click Block to block usage of the app.

msquaredonline, Oct 16, 2020
  4. I need help finding out how to block a child from downloading apps in Windows10.

blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

I need help finding out how to block a child from downloading apps in Windows10.

1. I need help finding out how to block a child from downloading apps in Windows10. - Similar Threads - need help finding

2. Find out where a file was downloaded from

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find out where a file was downloaded from: Good morning -Is there a way to view from where a file was downloaded? Example, I open my Downloads folder and find a new file in the folder, and I don't remember downloading it. Is there a way to find the website it came from?In Command Prompt:I've tried from the Downloads...
  3. Find out where a file was downloaded from

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find out where a file was downloaded from: Good morning -Is there a way to view from where a file was downloaded? Example, I open my Downloads folder and find a new file in the folder, and I don't remember downloading it. Is there a way to find the website it came from?In Command Prompt:I've tried from the Downloads...
  4. Need to fix child account on windows10 but dont know child password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need to fix child account on windows10 but dont know child password: Hello community,I need to fix a problematic child account on a windows10 system.Microsoft family tells me the child account is not being monitored correctly as the account needs to be re verified. In order to do this the help page says i need to do the following"log into...
  5. Blocking Apps from downloading

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blocking Apps from downloading: Hello, I am a manager at a hotel. And one of my employees keeps downloading apps onto the computer, and playing them instead of doing her job! How do i block said application, so she can no longer download it?...
  6. How can I find out whats downloading?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I find out whats downloading?: [ATTACH] Is this normal? No idea whats its downloading. https://preview.redd.it/msmiwqdkt8361.png?width=1535&format=png&auto=webp&s=909e440c047bc0dfbcd2b03a23ddb3daffe69106 submitted by /u/DolleO [link] [comments]...
  7. I need helping finding out how to block a child from downloading apps in Windows10.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I need helping finding out how to block a child from downloading apps in Windows10.: I have a Microsoft Family account setup, with several child accounts attached. Only the parent account is an Administrator. My child is somehow able to install other browsers Brave, Opera, Waterfox - so far. First, these shouldn't work once installed since the Family account...
  8. App Blocked by administrator from downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Blocked by administrator from downloading: When i want to install WinRar on my PC it says: This app has been blocked for your protection. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information, contact the administrator. winrar-x64-591.exe Publisher: Unknown File Origin: Hard drive on...
  9. Need some help, being blocked from installing apps.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some help, being blocked from installing apps.: This is for my friends PC however I am out of my depth here. The problem is that even though he appears as an admin on the laptop, he can't install programs to program files and can't save files etc to the root drive. Now he did buy the PC from a place to help with uni work...
  10. I need to find out if there is a place to download the Anniversy 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need to find out if there is a place to download the Anniversy 10?: If I am asking in the wrong area, Please forgive me. I had my Win10 pro, Husbands Win Home, desktop too. All downloaded when we had signed in our Comps. I was amazed and never figured it out, I was wondering if there is a URL to get the ISO, to down/load to make a C.D. I...