Windows 10: I need help fixing strange wifi problem.

Discus and support I need help fixing strange wifi problem. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I need help fixing this weird WiFi problem. Everytime I plug in my laptop the WiFi speed drops a good 10 Mbps and my ping raises form 10-14 to 34-40. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pippin_42, Jun 14, 2020.

1. I need help fixing strange wifi problem.

I need help fixing this weird WiFi problem. Everytime I plug in my laptop the WiFi speed drops a
    good 10 Mbps and my ping raises form 10-14 to 34-40. I have no clue what causes it. My WiFi drivers are up-to-date. I have a ASUS Vivobook X543U. I have been struggling with this problem for 3 weeks now. Help will be appreciated

submitted by /u/Pippin_42
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pippin_42, Jun 14, 2020
  2. Bob338 Win User

Wifi and browser problems with windows 10

I'll tell you how I fixed an identical problem on a ASUS laptop that had run perfectly on Windows 7 and ran well on W10 from January until the Anniversary update in early August. I tried everything I found on this forum and two others. Nothing worked. The last thing someone suggested was disabling the adapter and using a WiFi dongle. Problem continued. Nobody suggested changing the wireless network adapter. I bought and installed an Intel 7260 WiFi card and just used the driver which was downloaded on the reboot after the install. All problems solved!!

I must have wasted two months reading and trying everything. Even the manufacturer support inferred I needed a new machine though they sent me a Windows 8.1 driver to try, with the same result.

I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to determine if they white list any cards and see if they have suggestions for a compatible card. They may want you to buy another laptop but if the cards aren't white listed, a simple card swap to one compatible with Windows 10 seems to be the answer.

Bob338, Jun 14, 2020
  3. window10 sound problems - I need help can you help me do that to fix the sound.

Hi,

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• What all the troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolved the issue?
    • What is the exact issue are you facing with sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

I need help fixing strange wifi problem.

Wifi Fix.

Hi,

Thank your for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Good to know that the issue is fixed. Appreciate your efforts.

In future if you face any issues with Wireless connections, I suggest you to un-install and re-install wireless card drivers and check. Follow the steps:

I would suggest you to un-install and re-install wireless card
    driver and check. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adaptor.
    Right click on the wireless card driver and click on Un-install.

Now go to the manufacturer website of your
    wireless card or computer and install the latest drivers for your
    wireless card and check.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

I need help fixing strange wifi problem.

1. I need help fixing strange wifi problem. - Similar Threads - need help fixing

2. I need help with fixing this problem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I need help with fixing this problem: My Microsoft store is very slow, and every time I try to login it takes for ever, and when I finally login to Microsoft, it takes for ever to load about 10-20 minutes. When I try to download something on Microsoft store it always gives me an error saying I have to change the...
  3. I need help with fixing this problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with fixing this problem: My Microsoft store is very slow, and every time I try to login it takes for ever, and when I finally login to Microsoft, it takes for ever to load about 10-20 minutes. When I try to download something on Microsoft store it always gives me an error saying I have to change the...
  4. I need help with fixing this problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. i need help to fix wireless wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help to fix wireless wifi: i am currently using wifi with ethernet cable but the wireless wifi isnt working i have an wifi 6 ax201 and it has a hazard sign next to it i tried installing new drivers and it hasnt done anything please someone help thank you...
  6. i need help to fix wireless wifi

i need help to fix wireless wifi: i am currently using wifi with ethernet cable but the wireless wifi isnt working i have an wifi 6 ax201 and it has a hazard sign next to it i tried installing new drivers and it hasnt done anything please someone help thank you...
  7. My task manager looks strange and I need help to fix it

My task manager looks strange and I need help to fix it: For what ever reason I can't seem to find the reason for this issue, but I cant see the other tabs in task manager like process's etc, also as you can see i can only see those 5 programs running when at that time i was running more than that. This is why im confused. From...
  8. My task manager looks strange and I need help to fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My task manager looks strange and I need help to fix it: For what ever reason I can't seem to find the reason for this issue, but I cant see the other tabs in task manager like process's etc, also as you can see i can only see those 5 programs running when at that time i was running more than that. This is why im confused. From...
  9. I need help fixing this problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help fixing this problem.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Chr0m3-b0t [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kc758h/i_need_help_fixing_this_problem/
  10. Strange problem, need fix fast !

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange problem, need fix fast !: Hello everyone, I am new here. I have lost all of my icons (desktop, control panel, programs in the taskbar) and I want to know how to fix the problem. Here is what it looks like: 1. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet 2. Imgur: The most...