Windows 10: I need help for shrinking c drive .

Discus and support I need help for shrinking c drive . in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am not able to shrink my c drive which was allocated 931 GB , i want to resize to 200 GB . I'm not able to do it using disk management . In disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chEnnAkEshAvA, Jun 23, 2019.

1. I need help for shrinking c drive .

I am not able to shrink my c drive which was allocated 931 GB , i want to resize to 200 GB . I'm not able to do it using disk management .

In disk management , the maximum available shrink space is 790 gb but can't figure out why , as i surfed internet i saw several websites not to go beyond that limit for partition .

As part of my windows pro installation i customised my disk partition and allocated 931 gb for c drive , i want to make 2 volumes now

HP 15g-br00xx model.

Could anyone help me out with this issue!!!

:)

chEnnAkEshAvA, Jun 23, 2019

2. shrink my C: drive

my pc has 918 GB harddrive , I wan't to shrink C: drive by 200 GB but system not allow me to shrink C: drive less than 459 GB ( half of total storage ) . It shows massage that " you cannot shrink volume beyond the point whete unmovable file are there ",
    when I have only 80 GB data in C; drive. So, how I can shrink C: drive by 200GB?

I need help for shrinking c drive . e719d95e-d7b1-403e-be52-791dce207638.png

arvindnasit, Jun 23, 2019
  3. shrink size of c drive while partitioning

Hello phaniphani,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

Make sure you're signed in to administrator account and then try steps to shrink C drive.

Let me know, if you're still facing the issue after signing into admin account, I'll help you.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Jun 23, 2019
  4. I need help for shrinking c drive .

Unable to shrink C: drive less that 480GB in Disk management on Windows 10.

Hi,

I bought a new laptop with 2TB HDD and able to shrink volume till 560GB and now I cannot shrink below.

I want to keep the OS drive of 150 GB and rest to be unallocated just for creating another volume when required.

Pls do help!!!

Regards,

Krishna

It does not show any error buts just the volume to be shrink is 0

KrishnaDarbha, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

I need help for shrinking c drive .

1. I need help for shrinking c drive . - Similar Threads - need help shrinking

2. Shrinking C: Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shrinking C: Drive: I want to shrink my C: drive but it seems that I can't shrink it beyond 17440mb. Why is that? I tried some solution. I disabled auto managing of page file for all drives. I even ran a SFC scan. But it is not solved. The picture is attached below: [ATTACH]...
  3. I need help to Extend my C drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help to Extend my C drive.: I have 800GB Of unallocated space. However I would like to extend the C Drive by 60 GB. However then I cick on the C drive Partition. The "Extend" option is grayed out and I can't select it. submitted by /u/jedimaster1uke [link] [comments]...
  4. Shrinking volume of c drive

Shrinking volume of c drive: On shrinking volume off c drive free space:600+ gb, the available size for shrinking is 200 mb only . I have tried defragmenting but nothing happened. I want to create a new partition but the max size available for that is only 200 mb. Help!!!!...
  5. Question regarding shrinking C-Drive

Question regarding shrinking C-Drive: I have over 300 GB in my C drive but am only allowed to shrink around 24 GB. I watched a few videos on YouTube to fix this issue and all of them are telling me to Disable Page file. However on Google it says that disabling Page file can make my laptop run less efficiently. Is...
  6. My drive c is shrinking?

My drive c is shrinking?: So it has been a week that I notice my drive c is shrinking....is it normal? I got some error on my drive c about data loss but that caused by a force shutdown...and im not planning to reinstall my windows if that's your answer I don't have any important data expect main...
  7. Shrinking C: drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shrinking C: drive: Hi I am trying to shrink my C: drive so i can make a partition out of it but i can't seem to do it. When i shrink the drive it just loads when i try to check what's happening in the drive through defragment its stuck at 43% shrunk. Am i doing something wrong ?...
  8. Can't shrink ssd, need help!

Can't shrink ssd, need help!: submitted by /u/Subkist [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f604cf/cant_shrink_ssd_need_help/
  9. Need help with decompressing c drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with decompressing c drive: I was running disk cleaner on w10 and checked compress your os drive accidently. I tried decompress through c drive property option but everytime when trying to decompress i get error saying c:/swapfiles.sys is being used by another process. Ive tried restarting pc but same...
  10. Need Help With Shrink Volume!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Help With Shrink Volume!: Hello everyone! I was trying to dual boot windows 10 and ubuntu and before i can do that i have to make a partition for it and i have a hard drive in my laptop that is over 220 GB big but when i go to create a partition it says the biggest i can make the partition is 6 GB!!!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i bought a new laptop with 2tb hdd and able to shrink volume till 560gb and now i cannot shrink below.i want to keep the os drive of 150 gb and rest to be unallocated just for creating another volume when required.pls do help!!!