Windows 10: I need help! I have 2 Desktop folders and my Downloads folder is gone

Discus and support I need help! I have 2 Desktop folders and my Downloads folder is gone in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I was trying to delete a file from desktop because it keeps appearing every time i open my laptop. I made a mistake and open the properties... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/agnesssscrap, May 23, 2020.

1. I need help! I have 2 Desktop folders and my Downloads folder is gone

I need help! I have 2 Desktop folders and my Downloads folder is gone 1tPbBc8HwqsknSZiP7hovzzIjFlSay6iSD0mAy2hvF8.jpg

I was trying to delete a file from desktop because it keeps appearing every time i open my laptop. I made a mistake and open the properties of desktop then locations- then change it to downloads. Now my downloads turned into desktop. I have two desktops now. The files from my downloads (desktop now with a downloads icon) are in my desktop too. If I delete a file in my desktop it deletes too in the other desktop. I don't if I'm making sense but I need help : ((( How can I undo this? I already change the the locations to default but nothing happened

https://preview.redd.it/pzlrmj8u9i0...bp&s=b6ff313ea308a8a4b9d0b7133304d2aa8c4a3c46

submitted by /u/agnesssscrap
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/agnesssscrap, May 23, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 23, 2020
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused I need help! I have 2 Desktop folders and my Downloads folder is gone :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well I need help! I have 2 Desktop folders and my Downloads folder is gone :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 23, 2020
  4. WojtasRed Win User

I need help! I have 2 Desktop folders and my Downloads folder is gone

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, May 23, 2020
Thema:

I need help! I have 2 Desktop folders and my Downloads folder is gone

1. I need help! I have 2 Desktop folders and my Downloads folder is gone - Similar Threads - need help Desktop

2. Desktop Folder gone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Folder gone?: I recently deleted my desktop folder on accident while cleaning things out on one drive. I quickly restored it but most of my files were removed from my desktop. I tried moving the actual desktop folder form the C drive onto one drive but then I realized it didnt fix anything...
  3. i have merged download folder with desktop and now i have no download folder and two...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have merged download folder with desktop and now i have no download folder and two...: i have merged download folder with desktop and now i have no download folder and two desktop folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-merged-download-folder-with-desktop-and-now/4ac092fb-97a0-4be6-9599-579770fc74ce
  4. i have merged download folder with desktop and now i have no download folder and two...

i have merged download folder with desktop and now i have no download folder and two...: i have merged download folder with desktop and now i have no download folder and two desktop folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-merged-download-folder-with-desktop-and-now/4ac092fb-97a0-4be6-9599-579770fc74ce
  5. I CHANGED THE DOWNLOADS LOCATION TO A FOLDER AND MY ENTIRE DESKTOP IS GONE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I CHANGED THE DOWNLOADS LOCATION TO A FOLDER AND MY ENTIRE DESKTOP IS GONE: I CANT GET MY DESKTOP BACK BECAUSE WHEN I DO CTRL Z IT SAYS THE FOLDER IS NO LONGER FOUNDIS MY ENTIRE DESKTOP GONE FOREVER???IM SO CONFUSEDAND BEFORE I CHANGED THE DOWNLOADS LOCATION TO THE FILE I CHANGED IT INTO DESKTOP PLEASE HELP ALL MY IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS WERE THERE IM...
  6. I CHANGED THE DOWNLOADS LOCATION TO A FOLDER AND MY ENTIRE DESKTOP IS GONE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I CHANGED THE DOWNLOADS LOCATION TO A FOLDER AND MY ENTIRE DESKTOP IS GONE: I CANT GET MY DESKTOP BACK BECAUSE WHEN I DO CTRL Z IT SAYS THE FOLDER IS NO LONGER FOUNDIS MY ENTIRE DESKTOP GONE FOREVER???IM SO CONFUSED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-the-downloads-location-to-a-folder-and/a9b7f0ed-671e-4424-858e-6385761b31af
  7. I CHANGED THE DOWNLOADS LOCATION TO A FOLDER AND MY ENTIRE DESKTOP IS GONE

I CHANGED THE DOWNLOADS LOCATION TO A FOLDER AND MY ENTIRE DESKTOP IS GONE: I CANT GET MY DESKTOP BACK BECAUSE WHEN I DO CTRL Z IT SAYS THE FOLDER IS NO LONGER FOUNDIS MY ENTIRE DESKTOP GONE FOREVER???IM SO CONFUSED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-the-downloads-location-to-a-folder-and/a9b7f0ed-671e-4424-858e-6385761b31af
  8. 2 desktop/downloads folders in My PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 desktop/downloads folders in My PC: Hi,I have a problem. I have 2 Downloads folders under My PC. Attached is the SS. Here you can see that the icon clearly shows that one is Downloads, one is actually Desktop, but both names are Downloads, and same file path.I tried deleting one folder by right clicking but no...
  9. I need help with folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help with folders: My pc created some folders (for a videogame) but they can not be opened by an nonadmin. I am an admin on my pc but i can still not modify /delete this folder. How can i get rid of it? submitted by /u/Pierozekk [link] [comments]...
  10. I have 2 pictures folders and no downloads folder.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have 2 pictures folders and no downloads folder.: [ATTACH] Both redirect to D/users/"user"/pictures. If I change one of the 2 folders to D/users/"user"/downloads, then both of them change to that. I have no idea how this happened. Anyone know how to bring it back to normal? Heres a screenshot of "This PC":...