Windows 10: I need help in getting my bitlock recovery code please

Discus and support I need help in getting my bitlock recovery code please in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I purchased a Microsoft surface book 2 years ago and now theres some technical issues and I have someone looking at it but he can't go any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Darstan64, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Darstan64 Win User

I need help in getting my bitlock recovery code please

Hello,

I purchased a Microsoft surface book 2 years ago and now theres some technical issues and I have someone looking at it but he can't go any further until he gets the bitlock recovery code. I don't have my paperwork anymore, is there any way at all that I can get this code?

Thank you in advance for any help or advice

:)

Darstan64, Jan 4, 2019

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 4, 2019
  3. recovery bitlocker blue screen

Hi Rick,

Please follow the suggestions below and check if you are able to boot to your desktop.

• Places to look for your BitLocker key:
      • On a printout you saved. Look in places you keep important papers.
      • Saved on a USB flash drive. Plug the USB flash drive into your locked PC and follow the instructions. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use a different computer to read the text file.
      • In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to
        BitLocker Recovery Keys.

• Or ask someone for help:
      • Ask someone with administrator privileges on the same PC to unlock it with their key.
      • If your PC is connected to a domain (usually a work or school computer), ask a system administrator for your recovery key

Hope this helps in resolving the bitlocker recovery keys. Keep us posted on the bitlocker recovery key issues. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jan 4, 2019
  4. I need help in getting my bitlock recovery code please

Bitlocker - no more recovery options

Thanks for the response and the additional information. You can check the link below to see the steps on how to get the Bitlocker recovery key.

How can I get my Bitlocker recovery key?

Keep us posted.

Wilfred Mac, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

I need help in getting my bitlock recovery code please

1. I need help in getting my bitlock recovery code please - Similar Threads - need help getting

2. Can't get my bitlocker recovery code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get my bitlocker recovery code: My PC restarted out of nowhere and when it turned back on, it started asking for a bitlocker recovery code. I went to the link that was showed on the bitlocker message but it only tells me that there's been an error and that I should try later, I waited for 6 hours and the...
  3. Can't get my bitlocker recovery code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get my bitlocker recovery code: My PC restarted out of nowhere and when it turned back on, it started asking for a bitlocker recovery code. I went to the link that was showed on the bitlocker message but it only tells me that there's been an error and that I should try later, I waited for 6 hours and the...
  4. i need help getting a recovery bitlocker code for my old hard drive from a computer that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help getting a recovery bitlocker code for my old hard drive from a computer that...: i need help getting a recovery bitlocker code for my old hard drive from a computer that failed and locked the data. the Key ID: D817ffB8 the Dell pc serial number is 6SLPB63someone gave me one yesterday and it did not work. the hard drive failed, and I opened the back of the...
  5. i need help getting a recovery bitlocker code for my old hard drive from a computer that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need help getting a recovery bitlocker code for my old hard drive from a computer that...: i need help getting a recovery bitlocker code for my old hard drive from a computer that failed and locked the data. the Key ID: D817ffB8 the Dell pc serial number is 6SLPB63someone gave me one yesterday and it did not work. the hard drive failed, and I opened the back of the...
  6. i need help getting a recovery bitlocker code for my old hard drive from a computer that...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I Need help with BitLocker Code

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I Need help with BitLocker Code: I am locked out of my computer. It says to enter a 48-digit BitLocker code, which I found in my Microsoft account. The code does not work. Any suggestions? * Moved from Office/Access...
  8. Help Needed with BitLocker Please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help Needed with BitLocker Please: I am using Windows 10 Pro with BitLocker on two partitions of my hard drive. Recently my laptop has been experiencing some boot loops. I am trying to fix that. My main question is: What if Windows fails and I have to do an immediate reinstall, will I still be able to access...
  9. I need help with BitLocker please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help with BitLocker please: Hello and thank you in advance for your support. I just enabled BitLocker on one of my partition drives (not system) and I want to know if there's an option to lock the drive after I'm done without the need to reboot my machine. Also, if I change the unlock password, will...
  10. Need recovery code for bitlocker

in Cortana
    Need recovery code for bitlocker: Need recovery key for bitlocker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-recovery-code-for-bitlocker/ce681513-7b72-48c4-9910-948a3db284b5"