Windows 10: I need help interpreting my battery report on Windows Surface Pro 7!

Discus and support I need help interpreting my battery report on Windows Surface Pro 7! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having problems with the battery life on my Windows Surface Pro 7 where I leave it to fully charge and it doesn't turn on unless I plug it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JaileneO.G, Feb 22, 2021.

1. I need help interpreting my battery report on Windows Surface Pro 7!

I've been having problems with the battery life on my Windows Surface Pro 7 where I leave it to fully charge and it doesn't turn on unless I plug it into it's charger. Once it's turn on it shows it has 0% battery after letting it charge a few hours or so. My Surface Pro also has a tendency to turn off at either 85% or 60% charge while I'm working on something. I did a battery report on my device and I am hoping o get some clarity into what is causing this problem on my Windows Surface Pro 7.

I will attached the report to here. Thank you.I need help interpreting my battery report on Windows Surface Pro 7! [​IMG]I need help interpreting my battery report on Windows Surface Pro 7! [​IMG]I need help interpreting my battery report on Windows Surface Pro 7! [​IMG]I need help interpreting my battery report on Windows Surface Pro 7! [​IMG]I need help interpreting my battery report on Windows Surface Pro 7! [​IMG]I need help interpreting my battery report on Windows Surface Pro 7! [​IMG]I need help interpreting my battery report on Windows Surface Pro 7! [​IMG]I need help interpreting my battery report on Windows Surface Pro 7! [​IMG]I need help interpreting my battery report on Windows Surface Pro 7! [​IMG]I need help interpreting my battery report on Windows Surface Pro 7! [​IMG]I need help interpreting my battery report on Windows Surface Pro 7! [​IMG]I need help interpreting my battery report on Windows Surface Pro 7! [​IMG]

:)

JaileneO.G, Feb 22, 2021

2. Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

If the laptop works without the battery than the charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install the latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

I need help interpreting my battery report on Windows Surface Pro 7! pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions won't resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to the laptop.

4. When you log in to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If the battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Surface Pro 3

Hi ChrisWaters3,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Does the battery drain out, if the tablet is not connected to peripherals?

2. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I understand how something like this can try your patience. This issue is an indication of faulty drivers or incompatible driver.
    However, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Check the drivers.

Step1: Battery driver

1. Press Windows andR
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    3. Click on view on top > Select Show hidden devices.
    4. Expand the Batteries option from the list.
    5. Select the ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery> right click on the driver and click on
      Properties.
    6. Click on Driver tab > check if you have the option to
      Roll Back Driver.
    7. If yes, Roll back the driver or uninstall it and restart the computer.
    Uninstalling the driver will be automatically installed after the system is restarted. Check if the issue is fixed.

Step 2: Keyboard driver.

1. In the Device manager, go to ‘Other devices’, you will find
      Unknown devices.
    2. Double tap on the unknown device > click on
      Driver tab> click on update driver.
    3. Select browse my computer for driver software> Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers
    4. Select keyboard, then click ‘Next.
    5. Select HID Keyboard device and click finish.

Method 2: Run the toolkit.

Note: If your Surface is managed by your work or school, check with your organization's IT department before running the tool.

I would suggest you to run the toolkit provided by Microsoft on
    Fix common Surface
    problems using the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit

If the above steps, doesn’t fix the issue. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Surface Pro 3 Battery
    FAQ for the Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware update

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

I need help interpreting my battery report on Windows Surface Pro 7!

Surface Pro 3 Dogged by New Battery Issues

Read more: Surface Pro 3 Dogged by New Battery Issues - Thurrott.com

I need help interpreting my battery report on Windows Surface Pro 7! [​IMG]
    Tip How to Generate Report of Battery Usage in Windows 10

Brink, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

I need help interpreting my battery report on Windows Surface Pro 7!

1. I need help interpreting my battery report on Windows Surface Pro 7! - Similar Threads - need help interpreting

2. Windows 11 accelerating battery drain on Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 accelerating battery drain on Surface Pro 7: After upgrading to Windows 11 recently, the battery on my Surface Pro 7 drains much faster than it did previously. I've set Battery Saver to be always on when the device is unplugged from power, yet this makes little difference. Setting some apps to "Efficiency Mode" via Task...
  3. Windows 11 accelerating battery drain on Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 accelerating battery drain on Surface Pro 7: After upgrading to Windows 11 recently, the battery on my Surface Pro 7 drains much faster than it did previously. I've set Battery Saver to be always on when the device is unplugged from power, yet this makes little difference. Setting some apps to "Efficiency Mode" via Task...
  4. My Surface Pro 6 Battery needed to be replaced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Surface Pro 6 Battery needed to be replaced: So my Surface Pro 6 battery wasn’t charging so we sent it out to Microsoft and they replaced it. That obviously got rid of everything I had including pictures and Minecraft worlds. Is there any way I can get that stuff back or is it good as gone?...
  5. My Surface Pro 6 Battery needed to be replaced

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Surface Pro 6 Battery needed to be replaced: So my Surface Pro 6 battery wasn’t charging so we sent it out to Microsoft and they replaced it. That obviously got rid of everything I had including pictures and Minecraft worlds. Is there any way I can get that stuff back or is it good as gone?...
  6. I need some help with interpreting the battery report generated w/ cmd. Battery report says...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I need some help with interpreting the battery report generated w/ cmd. Battery report says...: My battery dows not charging and it works only when I pluged in. So I chacked battery report by "powercfg /batteryreport /duration 14"there are "Battery changed" in there as well; my laptop has a built-in, non-removable battery and I definitely didn't change it, so naturally...
  7. How do I interpret the Battery Report?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I interpret the Battery Report?: submitted by /u/LoveLaika237 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ma0yl1/how_do_i_interpret_the_battery_report/
  8. surface pro 7 battery

in Windows 10 Customization
    surface pro 7 battery: how do i see time remaining on my surface pro 7 battery? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7-battery/13e8ff63-c362-4d57-b774-8cb70d054039
  9. I need help interpreting this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help interpreting this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Korothi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e2febu/i_need_help_interpreting_this/
  10. I need help with my battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I need help with my battery: The charger is connected to my laptop, starts charging but only reaches 55% of load, and doesn't reach 100%. Why is this happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-my-battery/17953913-f4e8-4212-b5f8-50d8f9d69145