Windows 10: I need help learning best way to copy my upgraded Win 10 OS.

Discus and support I need help learning best way to copy my upgraded Win 10 OS. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Morning all, I just successfully upgraded my Win 7 PC to Win 10 and want to know the best way to copy the OS in case I need to re-install it at a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by metalman228, Jul 6, 2019.

1. I need help learning best way to copy my upgraded Win 10 OS.

Morning all,

I just successfully upgraded my Win 7 PC to Win 10 and want to know the best way to copy the OS in case I need to re-install it at a later date without first installing Win 7 and going thru the upgrade process again. I don't want to clone it, just copy the OS and lic key in case of a problem later.

I will keep thumb drive and cloud backups of my pictures and documents.

:)

metalman228, Jul 6, 2019

2. Win 10 - Free copy or upgrade ?

By COPY i mean: All the files needed to run fully legal Win 10 (incl. Keys and etc.)- witch means i can later use those files after re-install my PC and run win 10 again. And also if I buy new computer to run it on Windows 10 too.

By UPGRADE i mean: Only the files needed to raplace the old OS files - witch means if I re-install i have to install the old OS and then the Update.

-----------------------------

AND some Extra question:

My PC comes with legal Win 7 Professional SP1 and some discs witch says:

"Win 8 Pro Operating system recovry disc (OEM activation 3.0 Required)"

"Aplications and recovery Disc For ....(models of some laptops incl. mine)... "x2 disc (step 1 & step 2)

they both say they countain 64-but software only

Are those full copies of the OS or updates only...

BTW no disc that says Win 7 was found in the pack (witch is strange... cause i run on it)

P.S. Im not a computer guy - it might even dont exist such a difference as I think... but I expected to recive only disc that just says "Windows" at all and not those recoverys, aplications and etc. stuff.... writen on it.

Thank you all who raply I need help learning best way to copy my upgraded Win 10 OS. :)

Dragolyub Nakov, Jul 6, 2019
  3. DrPepper Win User
    Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Jul 6, 2019
  4. I need help learning best way to copy my upgraded Win 10 OS.

After Win 10 Upgrade still showing Win 8.1 OS

Thank you for the response. I will answer your queries, but as you will see from my answers I will require more specific assistance from you.

• I had a Windows 8.1 PC for several years. In June or July 2015 I received the GET WIN 10 icon on my PC. Around mid August 2015 I clicked on Get Win 10, and from there the download and install happened "automatically" for the upgrade to Win 10.
    • Using your steps I opened the System configuration, and discovered the following:

a) in the boot tab Windows 10 is NOT set as the default. In fact, it does not even appear at all

b) Windows 8 is shown as both the default and OS. Once again Win 10 is not even shown as an option.
    Now that the system is clearly not showing Windows 10 whereas it does show under ALL SETTINGS\UPDATE and SYSTEM in the Control Panel, the question is simply how do I fix this problem?

Don Boomer, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

I need help learning best way to copy my upgraded Win 10 OS.

1. I need help learning best way to copy my upgraded Win 10 OS. - Similar Threads - need help learning

2. what is the best way of copying a music CD into Dropbox?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what is the best way of copying a music CD into Dropbox?: I need to Archive my choir's CDs onto Dropbox with the least possible steps whilst maintaining sound quality https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-best-way-of-copying-a-music-cd-into/a398466e-6c5b-45ed-a673-bf17271682dd"
  3. I need help to activate my Win 10..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need help to activate my Win 10..: im trying to activate my pc but im lost help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-to-activate-my-win-10/0b05e30f-a3c9-4aac-905a-28f54a510d6e
  4. Hard drive is failing, is there a way to copy Windows 10 OS?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive is failing, is there a way to copy Windows 10 OS?: I just checked that my hard drive is failing. Fortunately, I can still use it at this moment and backed up everything, but there's one thing I want to back up which I don't know how to. If I were to buy a new hard drive, is there a way I could use my Win10 OS , which is...
  5. Best Way To Copy Hard Drives on Win10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Best Way To Copy Hard Drives on Win10: I have Win10 and a 2 Terabyte external drive. I want to hang small old drives off the machine and copy their contents (200G, 100G, stuff like that) to that 2 Tera drive so's I can then wipe them and perhaps use them for other purposes. Windows copy seems uncertain. I...
  6. Best way to upgrade to Windows 10

Best way to upgrade to Windows 10: Hiya...I am new to 10 come over from 7 forums *Smile I am from UK and run my own very small online business so my laptop is my life lol. I am soo panicking about what to do as I know I must upgrade to Windows 10 and have left is as late as possible...am currently...
  7. I Need to ReInstall Windows 10 but it was an upgrade, Help?

I Need to ReInstall Windows 10 but it was an upgrade, Help?: Need to ReInstall Windows 10 home 64-bit, Please help methods? I have Windows 10 Home 64bit and need to reinstall it, not clean install, and I no disc or product or license for it. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 back when doing so was 100% free, so I do have a...
  8. Best way to upgrade to Windows 10 on a new SSD?

Best way to upgrade to Windows 10 on a new SSD?: I'm currently running Windows 8.1 on my laptop however I want to upgrade to Windows 10 on a new 250gb SSD that I've just bought. What would be the best way to do this? Would I need to backup all my data, create a Windows 8 bootable USB, install Windows 8 on the SSD, put...
  9. Best way to upgrade to newest build?

Best way to upgrade to newest build?: What would be the best way to upgrade to the newest build from 9926? Just wanting to ask. 4787
  10. Help needed with multiple OS issues after upgrade to windows 10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Help needed with multiple OS issues after upgrade to windows 10.: Hello. Newbie here and confused like crazy. I am typing this from a friend's laptop as mine has suddenly experienced the Windows 10 BSOD and I cannot do anything with it. *Sad Laptop computer : Dell Inspiron 1545 Operating System: Windows 10 (just recently upgraded to 10...