Windows 10: I need help learning best way to copy my upgraded Win 10 OS.

Discus and support I need help learning best way to copy my upgraded Win 10 OS. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Morning all, I just successfully upgraded my Win 7 PC to Win 10 and want to know the best way to copy the OS in case I need to re-install it at a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by metalman228, Jul 6, 2019.

1. I need help learning best way to copy my upgraded Win 10 OS.

Morning all,

I just successfully upgraded my Win 7 PC to Win 10 and want to know the best way to copy the OS in case I need to re-install it at a later date without first installing Win 7 and going thru the upgrade process again. I don't want to clone it, just copy the OS and lic key in case of a problem later.

I will keep thumb drive and cloud backups of my pictures and documents.

:)

metalman228, Jul 6, 2019

2. Win 10 - Free copy or upgrade ?

By COPY i mean: All the files needed to run fully legal Win 10 (incl. Keys and etc.)- witch means i can later use those files after re-install my PC and run win 10 again. And also if I buy new computer to run it on Windows 10 too.

By UPGRADE i mean: Only the files needed to raplace the old OS files - witch means if I re-install i have to install the old OS and then the Update.

-----------------------------

AND some Extra question:

My PC comes with legal Win 7 Professional SP1 and some discs witch says:

"Win 8 Pro Operating system recovry disc (OEM activation 3.0 Required)"

"Aplications and recovery Disc For ....(models of some laptops incl. mine)... "x2 disc (step 1 & step 2)

they both say they countain 64-but software only

Are those full copies of the OS or updates only...

BTW no disc that says Win 7 was found in the pack (witch is strange... cause i run on it)

P.S. Im not a computer guy - it might even dont exist such a difference as I think... but I expected to recive only disc that just says "Windows" at all and not those recoverys, aplications and etc. stuff.... writen on it.

Thank you all who raply I need help learning best way to copy my upgraded Win 10 OS. :)

Dragolyub Nakov, Jul 6, 2019
  3. DrPepper Win User
    Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Jul 6, 2019
  4. I need help learning best way to copy my upgraded Win 10 OS.

After Win 10 Upgrade still showing Win 8.1 OS

Thank you for the response. I will answer your queries, but as you will see from my answers I will require more specific assistance from you.

• I had a Windows 8.1 PC for several years. In June or July 2015 I received the GET WIN 10 icon on my PC. Around mid August 2015 I clicked on Get Win 10, and from there the download and install happened "automatically" for the upgrade to Win 10.
    • Using your steps I opened the System configuration, and discovered the following:

a) in the boot tab Windows 10 is NOT set as the default. In fact, it does not even appear at all

b) Windows 8 is shown as both the default and OS. Once again Win 10 is not even shown as an option.
    Now that the system is clearly not showing Windows 10 whereas it does show under ALL SETTINGS\UPDATE and SYSTEM in the Control Panel, the question is simply how do I fix this problem?

Don Boomer, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

I need help learning best way to copy my upgraded Win 10 OS.

1. I need help learning best way to copy my upgraded Win 10 OS. - Similar Threads - need help learning

2. BEST WAY to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BEST WAY to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10: best way to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 /11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-way-to-upgrade-from-win-81-to-win-10/f302bff3-e408-4421-83b7-3833b7d7ab06
  3. BEST WAY to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BEST WAY to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10: best way to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 /11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-way-to-upgrade-from-win-81-to-win-10/f302bff3-e408-4421-83b7-3833b7d7ab06
  4. Best way to transfer OS to SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best way to transfer OS to SSD?: I am running out of hard drive space due to installing too many games from various giveaways over the last two years.I went to install a second hard drive, only to find that there is no bay for a second conventional hard drive and no place to put/mount the second drive even...
  5. Best way to transfer OS to SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best way to transfer OS to SSD?: I am running out of hard drive space due to installing too many games from various giveaways over the last two years.I went to install a second hard drive, only to find that there is no bay for a second conventional hard drive and no place to put/mount the second drive even...
  6. Best way to transfer OS to SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Best way to recover a damaged Win 10 Home upgraded system?

Best way to recover a damaged Win 10 Home upgraded system?: I have a desktop PC that originally ran Win 7, and I upgraded to Win 10 64 bit via the free download about 5 years ago. Recently, I encountered a system failure at boot time, with a message telling me that I was missing a file and had to restore Windows. I have no Windows...
  8. Best/easiest way to upgrade a Win 10 Home to Pro

Best/easiest way to upgrade a Win 10 Home to Pro: I have an unused Win 7 Pro (or whatever it was called back then) retail license, and I also have a Win 10 Pro VM that I really don't use. What is the easiest or best way to do an in-place upgrade of this Win 10 Home laptop? I don't want to do a fresh install, since that...
  9. Best Way To Copy Hard Drives on Win10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Best Way To Copy Hard Drives on Win10: I have Win10 and a 2 Terabyte external drive. I want to hang small old drives off the machine and copy their contents (200G, 100G, stuff like that) to that 2 Tera drive so's I can then wipe them and perhaps use them for other purposes. Windows copy seems uncertain. I...
  10. Best way to upgrade to Windows 10

Best way to upgrade to Windows 10: Hiya...I am new to 10 come over from 7 forums *Smile I am from UK and run my own very small online business so my laptop is my life lol. I am soo panicking about what to do as I know I must upgrade to Windows 10 and have left is as late as possible...am currently...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reinstall bluetooth software windows 10