Windows 10: I need help logging back into my computer I locked my self out of.

Discus and support I need help logging back into my computer I locked my self out of. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi! So I thought I had lost my HP device and so in order to keep it safe I locked it remotely from my phone. I found my laptop fortunately but to my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by User1_836, Feb 4, 2023.

1. User1_836 Win User

I need help logging back into my computer I locked my self out of.

Hi! So I thought I had lost my HP device and so in order to keep it safe I locked it remotely from my phone. I found my laptop fortunately but to my dismay I couldn’t figure out how to log back onto it. Every time I try to enter my pin the screen returns back a message saying “an administrator has restricted sign in. To sign in, make sure your device is connected to the internet, and have your administrator sign in first.

:)

User1_836, Feb 4, 2023
  2. pepanee Win User

Random Auto-Locking of Computer Screen

Nobody suggested checking out Event Viewer?

When your computer randomly locks, search for, and open: Event Viewer

Under Windows Logs, Check out:
    • Application
    • Security, and
    • System

See if you can find something that states anything that could be related to your computer locking. The newest events are listed at the top of each section, so finding an event log would be pretty easy to find. Hopefully we can find what is causing the computer to lock.

pepanee, Feb 4, 2023
  3. Stuck at Logging In After Locking Computer

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Step 1: To troubleshoot on this issue, I suggest you to check if the issue persist in Safe Mode.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to test the issue by placing the computer in a Clean Boot state helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with
    Clean Boot” to return the computer to a
    Normal startup mode.

Step 3: Follow the below steps to
    place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General
      tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of booting to desktop from lock screen using password for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 4, 2023
  4. I need help logging back into my computer I locked my self out of.

windows 10 changed my log in username and password know i'm locked out

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Are using a Microsoft Account to log into the computer?
    • Do you have another user account?
    • If yes, then log in to the other account and delete the account that is inaccessible.
    Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Step 1: I suggest that you follow the steps below and check if it resolves your issue:

• Go to the Lock Screen, press the Shift button and the
      Power Icon located on the right bottom corner of the screen.

• Then Click on Restart, then a prompt will appear to
      Restart anyway, click on it. This will take you to the Recovery Environment.

• Once there, click on Troubleshoot, then
      Advance Option. You will see Command prompt option click on it. This will run a diagnostic and fix the issue that are persisting in your system.

Step 2: Follow the steps to enable Built-in Administrator account:

• Right click on the Start button, and select Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type: net user administrator /active:yes (To enable Built –in Administrator account give the command Active: No).
    • Then press ENTER.
    Once the you have access to account go to you sons account and delete it.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 4, 2023
Thema:

I need help logging back into my computer I locked my self out of.

1. I need help logging back into my computer I locked my self out of. - Similar Threads - need help logging

2. I need help logging into my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help logging into my computer.: So I turn on my computer, and it shows the lock screen normally, where it shows the time and date. Then, when I try to go to the place where I enter the code and log into Windows, it doesn't go there. The screen is behaving erratically. I tried boosting into Safe Mode, and...
  3. I need help logging into my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help logging into my computer.: So I turn on my computer, and it shows the lock screen normally, where it shows the time and date. Then, when I try to go to the place where I enter the code and log into Windows, it doesn't go there. The screen is behaving erratically. I tried boosting into Safe Mode, and...
  4. I need help logging into my computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I need help logging back into my computer I locked my self out of.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help logging back into my computer I locked my self out of.: Hi! So I thought I had lost my HP device and so in order to keep it safe I locked it remotely from my phone. I found my laptop fortunately but to my dismay I couldn’t figure out how to log back onto it. Every time I try to enter my pin the screen returns back a message saying...
  6. I need help logging back into my computer I locked my self out of.

I need help logging back into my computer I locked my self out of.: Hi! So I thought I had lost my HP device and so in order to keep it safe I locked it remotely from my phone. I found my laptop fortunately but to my dismay I couldn’t figure out how to log back onto it. Every time I try to enter my pin the screen returns back a message saying...
  7. I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in.: Hi, I just got one problem here.In short: I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in.In Long: I click on Start Menu, and then click on the Account icon, the "Lock" option is available. I click it. It did lock my computer. But...
  8. I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in.

I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in.: Hi, I just got one problem here.In short: I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in.In Long: I click on Start Menu, and then click on the Account icon, the "Lock" option is available. I click it. It did lock my computer. But...
  9. I NEED TO RESET MY COMPUTER PASSWORD, LOCKED OUT

in Windows 10 Customization
    I NEED TO RESET MY COMPUTER PASSWORD, LOCKED OUT: I'm locked out of my laptop. I'm using windows-10. Is there a workaround? Ronald DeFoor 832-437-7801 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-reset-my-computer-password-locked-out/1d6324bb-14a6-4183-afaa-ec92cad0b93d
  10. I lock my computer, and I can't log back in.

in Windows 10 Support
    I lock my computer, and I can't log back in.: Hello all, I just installed a fresh new copy of Windows 10 onto my rig, and then upgraded to the Anniversary edition. After having locked my computer, going out and then coming home soon after, I went to log back on. Only for my lock-screen to slightly zoom in with my...