Windows 10: I need help moving my Windows Bootmanager to the main drive

Discus and support I need help moving my Windows Bootmanager to the main drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; hello all,like the title says, i need help moving my windows boot manager from my old SSD to my main m.2 SSD. the thing is, my old SSD started acting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lance_Wolf, Jul 26, 2020.

1. I need help moving my Windows Bootmanager to the main drive

hello all,like the title says, i need help moving my windows boot manager from my old SSD to my main m.2 SSD. the thing is, my old SSD started acting up and sometimes when i start my PC i get booted into the bios because the SSD isnt showing up in bios. it fixes itself by just restarting the PC which is kinda weird but i dont really know what causes this other than its age (its 7 or 8 years old by now)i tried using google but i didnt really get smarter on how to properly install/move ONLY the boot manager on a different drive. i dont want to loose my current windows installation but i want to have the bootmanager on the same drive as the current windows. (so yea i need to create a new partition on that drive so i can install it on that one. is it possible to install it without loosing files?)

thanks in advance <3

submitted by /u/Lance_Wolf
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lance_Wolf, Jul 26, 2020
  2. suraswami Win User

I need to move windows to a new hdd

you are correct, if he already reinstalled windows, he need to reinstall all the programs, he might as well do the same thing on the new drive directly, will be cleaner.

suraswami, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Cobra-CRU Win User
    Dual display in main window for SLI/Crossfire

W1z,

First of all, I want to thank you for writing such an excellent tool.

After using it for few days, I would like to make a suggestion or two, if you agree that they would be useful.

Would it be possible to move the 'Use Device' list box to the main window, or even better, display the clock settings for both cards on the main window if SLI/Crossfire are enabled?

Also, adding the ability to save both cards clock/fan settings in a single profile would be a welcome addition so that both cards can be OC'ed on startup.

Thanks again!

Cobra-CRU, Jul 26, 2020
  4. theonedub Win User

I need help moving my Windows Bootmanager to the main drive

I need to move windows to a new hdd

Someone correct me if I am wrong here, but he is not going to be able to move software using Acronis. If you reinstalled Windows the next step is reinstalling all your software.

theonedub, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

I need help moving my Windows Bootmanager to the main drive

1. I need help moving my Windows Bootmanager to the main drive - Similar Threads - need help moving

2. I need help to delete my main account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help to delete my main account.: My main administrator account is complete full of storage used so i created a new account but when i play video games on my new account i get low amount of fps. iv tried everything but it says i have no permission. Please help....
  3. I need help to delete my main account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need help to delete my main account.: My main administrator account is complete full of storage used so i created a new account but when i play video games on my new account i get low amount of fps. iv tried everything but it says i have no permission. Please help....
  4. I need help to delete my main account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I deleted my main boot drive when installing windows, help!

I deleted my main boot drive when installing windows, help!: It’s exactly what it sounds like, I accidentally wiped my drive in bios and when I tried to install windows 11 I accidentally deleted the drive. The drive didn’t have partitions and now my computer doesn’t detect it at all. If you know what I can do please feel free to share...
  6. I moved my my roaming folder to another drive and need help safely moving it back.

I moved my my roaming folder to another drive and need help safely moving it back.: I was looking for ways to free up some space on my C drive cause its quite small and read I could move my appdata folders to another drive. I only moved the roaming folder and not the local and locallow folder before realizing it was a bad move. Now all the files from my...
  7. I moved my my roaming folder to another drive and need help safely moving it back.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I moved my my roaming folder to another drive and need help safely moving it back.: I was looking for ways to free up some space on my C drive cause its quite small and read I could move my appdata folders to another drive. I only moved the roaming folder and not the local and locallow folder before realizing it was a bad move. Now all the files from my...
  8. I moved my my roaming folder to another drive and need help safely moving it back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Need help moving a legacy windows folder off my C drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help moving a legacy windows folder off my C drive: Hello, I'm running out of disk space on my C drive where Win10 Pro version 1511 is stored. I've attached a screenshot showing the C Drive (only 18GB free of 237GB). There is a folder called Windows.Old the purpose of which I can't recall. It's size is 16GB. One of the...
  10. I need help with my optical drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need help with my optical drive: M optical disc drive isnt working, I have two versions of this game (bfme 2) on disc and tried them both and they both don't work. so it must must be the optical drive on the laptop. I am using a HP laptop, not sure what model. windows 10. it was working perfectly before but...