Windows 10: I need help .msi installers are giving me an error

Discus and support I need help .msi installers are giving me an error in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello so I am having a problem where whenever I open a .msi installer or sometimes a .exe installer for a program it gives me this error "this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ScoutSaber, Oct 21, 2020.

1. I need help .msi installers are giving me an error

Hello so I am having a problem where whenever I open a .msi installer or sometimes a .exe installer for a program it gives me this error "this installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer package."

Help with this would be much appreciated. I need help .msi installers are giving me an error :D

submitted by /u/ScoutSaber
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ScoutSaber, Oct 21, 2020

2. Windows Installer Error: This installation package cannot be opened.

Hi AJ,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We are glad to provide the assistance required to help you answer your query.

The above error can occur if the locally cached Windows Installer package (*.msi) file is damaged or corrupted.

To rectify the above, I suggest that you try the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to install the software successfully.

• Open the \Windows\Installer folder on your computer's hard disk.
    • Right-click any file with an .msi extension.
    • Click Properties on the shortcut menu. The
      Subject
      box on the Summary tab contains the name of the product that installed the .msi file.
    • Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each .msi file in the \Installer folder, and delete the .msi file for the software that you are trying to install.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 21, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Hinek Win User

I need help .msi installers are giving me an error

Uninstalling JRE but .msi is missing

Ok, now I got it:

1. Downloaded and started jre-8u101-windows-i586.exe
    2. The Install failed in the second step with an error code, but as long as the installer is still open I could find a jre1.8.0_101.msi where the uninstall process searches for jre1.8.0_101full.msi (notice the difference in name)
    3. Copied the file to a different directory and renamed it jre1.8.0_101full.msi
    4. Closed the installer (directory and jre1.8.0_101.msi get deleted)
    5. Started the uninstall process and changed the path to my new directory.

Thanks @Biswapriyo for your help!

Hinek, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

I need help .msi installers are giving me an error

1. I need help .msi installers are giving me an error - Similar Threads - need help msi

2. MSI installer gives error 2503 and 2502

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI installer gives error 2503 and 2502: The MSI installer started giving me two errors: 2503 and 2502 when I tried to install an MSI file. Here's an example of what the event viewer shows:Product: PowerShell 7-x64 -- The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a...
  3. MSI installer gives error 2503 and 2502

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSI installer gives error 2503 and 2502: The MSI installer started giving me two errors: 2503 and 2502 when I tried to install an MSI file. Here's an example of what the event viewer shows:Product: PowerShell 7-x64 -- The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a...
  4. I need help burning a disc. it keeps giving me errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help burning a disc. it keeps giving me errors: I am trying to burn 5 songs onto a disc just to test it to make sure it works before I try to burn everything I plan to on the planned disc. The problem is, I've tested 4 different blank discs. almost all of the songs will burn but each time a different one or has said and...
  5. I need help burning a disc. it keeps giving me errors

I need help burning a disc. it keeps giving me errors: I am trying to burn 5 songs onto a disc just to test it to make sure it works before I try to burn everything I plan to on the planned disc. The problem is, I've tested 4 different blank discs. almost all of the songs will burn but each time a different one or has said and...
  6. I need help burning a disc. it keeps giving me errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I am trying to install c++ but it gives me this error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to install c++ but it gives me this error.: 0x80240017 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-install-c-but-it-gives-me-this/73003de7-7d11-48f6-9041-5c1de9e25d87
  8. I am trying to install c++ but it gives me this error.

I am trying to install c++ but it gives me this error.: 0x80240017 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-install-c-but-it-gives-me-this/73003de7-7d11-48f6-9041-5c1de9e25d87
  9. I'm in need of help, my pc keeps giving me WHEA errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I'm in need of help, my pc keeps giving me WHEA errors: DescriptionPå grund af et problem med hardwaren fungerer Windows ikke længere korrekt.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventKode: 124Parameter 1: 0Parameter 2: ffffae0471c6e8c0Parameter 3: bc800800Parameter 4: 60c0859OS-version: 10_0_19042Servicepakke:...
  10. Installings gives me an error message

Installings gives me an error message: Whenever I try to install an app I get the follow error message. It just apps. "Operation did not complete successfuly because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software" Would disabling windows defender fix this? I just use malwarebytes anyway. Don't like...