Windows 10: I need help my cd doesn't play

Discus and support I need help my cd doesn't play in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My PC stopped playing the CDs, it's not working. What I can do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VickyHudson, Dec 14, 2018.

1. I need help my cd doesn't play

My PC stopped playing the CDs, it's not working. What I can do?

:)

VickyHudson, Dec 14, 2018

2. CD-ROM doesn`t work with win 10

After I installed Win 10 my CD ROM doesn`t work any longer. Does somebody have an solution?

geirrykhus, Dec 14, 2018
  3. CD-ROM doesn`t work with win 10

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Not to worry, we’re here to help you out.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    This might have occurred due to corrupted\outdated DVD\CD-ROM driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try updating the DVD\CD-ROM drives from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand DVD\CD-ROM drives.

• Right click on the driver select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check and install if there is any latest firmware update for DVD drive from the computer manufacturer.

Also, see: Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, follow the steps to do the same:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type regedit in the run box.
    • Locate and click the key or subkey that you want to back up.
    • Click the File menu, and then click Export.
    • In the Save in box, select the location where you want to save the backup copy to, and then type a name for the backup file in the
      File name box.
    • Click Save.

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Dec 14, 2018
  4. AlbertoMA Win User

I need help my cd doesn't play

my 3Dprinter doesn´t appear

My 3D printer doesn´t appear on when I open 3D builder on the left popup to choose printer.

Is it need to do any previous step?? I thought It was plug and play. the printer is an UP Plus2 from Tiertime so, it is one of the recommended partners manufaturers. any message of error just doesnçt possible to send the prin.

AlbertoMA, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

I need help my cd doesn't play

1. I need help my cd doesn't play - Similar Threads - need help doesn't

2. I need help with this bug, it doesn't let me play the game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with this bug, it doesn't let me play the game: I've tried play flip word 2 everytime I try to open it, i haven't played it for a few Years and when i try to now it doesn't work, it's really annoying and I really need help with this...
  3. I need help with this bug, it doesn't let me play the game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with this bug, it doesn't let me play the game: I've tried play flip word 2 everytime I try to open it, i haven't played it for a few Years and when i try to now it doesn't work, it's really annoying and I really need help with this...
  4. I need help with this bug, it doesn't let me play the game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My Rioddas CD/DVD external player doesn't play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Rioddas CD/DVD external player doesn't play: My Rioddas CD/DVD external player doesn't play. It is getting power and conects okay, but it won't play. A former external drive I had for years worked reliably with no problems. I didn't change anything. Also, the only thing that happens is at start up it takes me to a...
  6. I need help playing on realms on my iPad.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help playing on realms on my iPad.: I need help fixing my Minecraft acounnt for it whont let me play on realms or play with my brother tho I am on a family acounnt I can’t join him but he can join me. Please tell me what to do....
  7. I need help diagnosing a cd-rw burner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need help diagnosing a cd-rw burner: Hello all, I am getting ready to burn an audio disk and my PC says need to install burner. How can I diagnose this? Before anyone asks there have been NO changes to my PC to any software or hard ware period. It burned fine until today. Any help would be greatly appreciated...
  8. need help making a mp3 cd to play in my car

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    need help making a mp3 cd to play in my car: In Windows Media Player, I am having a hard time making a mp3 disk to play in my car. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-making-a-mp3-cd-to-play-in-my-car/f29d6101-5c18-414a-9d8c-3dde8b03c2fa"
  9. I can't play my CD

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't play my CD: Everything was fine until I turned off my PC and when I used it again my CD won't play. I need help to fix this issue. urgent I need to play some CD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-play-my-cd/6b7c588c-9cd2-41e8-b1df-b5ec88c26a18
  10. I cannot play a CD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot play a CD.: How do I "associate" the program that is supposed to be attached to my D drive (for CD's). I cannot play a CD. It was working and I "ripped" a CD and now that list of CD's won't go away in the program -- D drive is not reading (??)...