Windows 10: I need help my File Explorer opening while typing

Discus and support I need help my File Explorer opening while typing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My keyboard is causing File Explorer to open constantly when typing and even shaking it. I wanted help on this. Is it possible to block File Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pedro Zanata, Jul 6, 2022.

1. I need help my File Explorer opening while typing

My keyboard is causing File Explorer to open constantly when typing and even shaking it. I wanted help on this. Is it possible to block File Explorer from opening by keys? So my problem is solved until I get a new keyboard.

:)

Pedro Zanata, Jul 6, 2022

2. File Explorer not opening via pinned Taskbar icon on Windows 10

Hi Leon,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I apologies for delay in reply. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to unpin the File explorer from the task bar and re-pin the File Explorer and check If issue is resolved. If issue persist, I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 6, 2022
  3. Feb 2019: File explorer keeps freezing after opening a file

Hi Casey,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the files/folders. I also appreciate your effort in trying to fix the issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Are you getting any specific error code/error message while trying to open the file?
    2. Are you aware of any recent changes made on the device?
    3. Which version of Windows are running on your device?

Refer the article Which Windows operating system am I running for the information.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

Method 1

Restart Windows Explorer

1. Click on Start, type in “Task Manager
    2. Now go to Process tab. Click on Windows Explorer and
      Restart.
    3. Then check the status of the issue.
    4. If the issue still persist, try with the method 2.

Method 2

I suggest you to try the suggested steps from the article Fix File Explorer
    if it won't open or start
    and check the status of the issue.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jul 6, 2022
  4. KindOfCat Win User

I need help my File Explorer opening while typing

Can't Open File Explorer on Windows 10

This suggestion didn't work. File Explorer appears to activate on my system, but it activates in a minimized state. No matter what I do, I cannot find a way to expand the File Explorer program. Now I don't have any way to access my files. I need to access
    my files, or find out if it is even possible to role back my operating system to Windows 8.1. Can you help restore access to my files?

If you can't help my access my File Explorer to have access to my files, can you provide instructions on how I can roll back to Windows 8.1 on my Microsoft Surface Pro 2?

KindOfCat, Jul 6, 2022
Thema:

I need help my File Explorer opening while typing

1. I need help my File Explorer opening while typing - Similar Threads - need help File

2. i need help with my file explorer on my taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help with my file explorer on my taskbar: My File explorer is pinned to my taskbar and when I try to open it I get this error it opens fine on my start menu and desktop but not the taskbarHere is the error...
  3. i need help with my file explorer on my taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need help with my file explorer on my taskbar: My File explorer is pinned to my taskbar and when I try to open it I get this error it opens fine on my start menu and desktop but not the taskbarHere is the error...
  4. i need help with my file explorer on my taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. URGENT HELP NEEDED: File Explorer not opening any documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    URGENT HELP NEEDED: File Explorer not opening any documents: Hey, I recently installed all the possible updates. But now every time I try to open a document via file explorer the hourglass icon pops up and nothing happens. Not sure if the problem is with the file explorer or not. I tried ending the file explorer in Task Manager and...
  6. File Explorer takes a while to open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer takes a while to open: In the past few days I have noticed an odd behavour of File Explorer. If I try to open it from shortcut, Windows start menue or cmd it won't open. Also if i click on the windows start menue logo it won't open it opens only if I pres dedicated key on keyboard. After about 5...
  7. i need help with file explorer

i need help with file explorer: how do i fix this. everytime i press or select a file windows explorer takes a long time or never to done selecting the file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-file-explorer/bec67735-e07b-42d0-8e28-4d2546a16029
  8. need help with auto-suggestions tab while typing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    need help with auto-suggestions tab while typing: i use username and password which have some common characters in the beginning. I use the same username and password for all my apps and webpages. i recently turned on Settings>Devices>Typing>Hardware Keyboard> show text suggestions as i type. i then one day made a...
  9. File Explorer Search While Typing

File Explorer Search While Typing: Hello, I have recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 10. On this laptop's version of Windows 10, File Explorer does not search while I type my search request, unlike on my old laptop's probably seriously out-of-date version. I would like File Explorer to search while...
  10. Need help changing file type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help changing file type: Hello, I'm having a problem where I'm unable to choose "Save as type: All files", in order to change the format of a document using a word processor. I do not have Microsoft Word, but I've tried this with both WordPad and LiberOffice Writer and it isn't working. I'm trying...