Windows 10: I need help my wifi completely disappeared out of no where and now its only showing the...

Discus and support I need help my wifi completely disappeared out of no where and now its only showing the... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Please help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Regor ly, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Regor ly Win User

I need help my wifi completely disappeared out of no where and now its only showing the...

Please help me

:)

Regor ly, Feb 7, 2023
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond I need help my wifi completely disappeared out of no where and now its only showing  the... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 8, 2023
  3. Wifi adapter completely disappeared, not listed in Device Manager

I'm asking this question not for myself but for anyone who might run into the same problem as me in the future, to save them a lot of time and possibly panic.

I had a BSOD (an undiagnosed graphics issue that is triggered by Skype conference calls). When I rebooted, my wifi adapter had completely disappeared (a Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A; the computer is a Lenovo Yoga 710-14IKB). The network troubleshooter couldn't bring it back and it had completely disappeared from Device Manager. I plugged in an ethernet adapter and tried downloading and twice reinstalling the driver and then rebooting, but that didn't work. I ran "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" and then "sfc /scannow" in an adminstrator PowerShell, but still no joy. I then booted into MX Linux from a USB stick, but that couldn't see the wireless adapter either. By this point I was convinced that the BSOD had killed the wireless adapter hardware, but I tried one more thing. I rebooted into the UEFI settings and looked to see whether the adapter was listed as enabled there. Apparently it was, so I changed nothing and then selected "save and exit". When Windows started up again, the adapter was working. I then tried rebooting into MX Linux and the adapter was working there too.

Which of the steps I took is most likely to have resolved the problem? Was it when I opened the UEFI settings and saved them without changing them?

ricecrispies, Feb 8, 2023
  4. I need help my wifi completely disappeared out of no where and now its only showing the...

Wifi completely disabled

Hi Ben,

It seems that your wireless card may have been disabled or could be uninstalled. To help sort out this issue, I suggest that you restart your laptop first. Once the laptop is back on, check if your WiFi is reconnected. If not, check your laptop's Device
    Manager and see if the wireless card is detected. Follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adapters and look for your WiFi adapter.
    • If it's there, right-click it and click Properties.
    • Check the Device status.

If the device status shows that the device is working properly, then check if the Airplane mode on your laptop is turned on. Just press the
    Windows key + A to open Action Center. If it's on, then turn it off and see if WiFi is working.

Please update this thread with the result so I can assist you further.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 8, 2023
Thema:

I need help my wifi completely disappeared out of no where and now its only showing the...

1. I need help my wifi completely disappeared out of no where and now its only showing the... - Similar Threads - need help wifi

2. I need help! Updated my graphics driver, and now its worse!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help! Updated my graphics driver, and now its worse!: I had been seen these red and green dots on my monitor, as well as experiencing major lag in games, so I did research. My research said to update my driver, so I did, and had to manually find my newest one. I downloaded it, and now everything is messed up! All the icons are...
  3. I need help! Updated my graphics driver, and now its worse!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help! Updated my graphics driver, and now its worse!: I had been seen these red and green dots on my monitor, as well as experiencing major lag in games, so I did research. My research said to update my driver, so I did, and had to manually find my newest one. I downloaded it, and now everything is messed up! All the icons are...
  4. WiFi just disappeared out of no where. It only shows the airplane symbol. Wifi is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi just disappeared out of no where. It only shows the airplane symbol. Wifi is not...: WiFi just disappeared out of no where. It only shows the airplane symbol. Wifi is not operational. Please help. Im not tech savvy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-just-disappeared-out-of-no-where-it-only/84de7e5e-b3e4-4c82-9fe7-0ed825cc1572
  5. WiFi just disappeared out of no where. It only shows the airplane symbol. Wifi is not...

WiFi just disappeared out of no where. It only shows the airplane symbol. Wifi is not...: WiFi just disappeared out of no where. It only shows the airplane symbol. Wifi is not operational. Please help. Im not tech savvy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-just-disappeared-out-of-no-where-it-only/84de7e5e-b3e4-4c82-9fe7-0ed825cc1572
  6. WiFi just disappeared out of no where. It only shows the airplane symbol. Wifi is not...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. I need help my wifi completely disappeared out of no where and now its only showing the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help my wifi completely disappeared out of no where and now its only showing the...: Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-my-wifi-completely-disappeared-out-of/f47dc678-64e7-4aad-80bb-989b7786c246
  8. WiFi Option Completely Disappeared, Locked out of Account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Option Completely Disappeared, Locked out of Account.: WiFi Option Just completely disappeared, this happened after I reset my WiFi settings but when I try to log back into my windows account, it says I need internet to. So I’m technically and permanently locked out my laptop unless I get a fix. I’ve tried resetting, shutting...
  9. WiFi Option Completely Disappeared, Locked out of Account.

WiFi Option Completely Disappeared, Locked out of Account.: WiFi Option Just completely disappeared, this happened after I reset my WiFi settings but when I try to log back into my windows account, it says I need internet to. So I’m technically and permanently locked out my laptop unless I get a fix. I’ve tried resetting, shutting...
  10. WiFi Option Completely Disappeared, Locked out of Account.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing