Windows 10: I need help. My windows 10 Laptop has the black screen with cursor problem.

Discus and support I need help. My windows 10 Laptop has the black screen with cursor problem. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Last night for whatever odd reason the sound on my laptop just stopped working. I tried to troubleshoot the problem but that was taking forever so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DrakoKnight48, Sep 26, 2018.

1. I need help. My windows 10 Laptop has the black screen with cursor problem.

Last night for whatever odd reason the sound on my laptop just stopped working. I tried to troubleshoot the problem but that was taking forever so I assumes the best course of action was to turn my laptop off and on again, hoping that'd fix it. Now I feel nothing but full regret on my decision. Because turning it back on resulted in the black screen with cursor affect. I've tried everything. Ctrl + alt + delete. Ctrl + shift + escape. Even turning it off three times rapidly didn't help. Maybe cause I'm not shutting it off fast enough. But when I try Ctrl + alt + delete it makes the cursor show up but not task manager. Please help. I'd hate to have to buy another laptop.

:)

DrakoKnight48, Sep 26, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Black screen at initial startup, no cursor

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested and check the status of the issue.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 26, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    The Black screen of death with cursor

Hi Gregory,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. Follow the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Troubleshoot black screen problems
    . Do let us know the status. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 26, 2018
  4. I need help. My windows 10 Laptop has the black screen with cursor problem.

Black screen with flashing cursor

Hello Betsy,

A black screen can occur in a number of scenarios on Windows 10, it's possibly caused by the graphics driver, a connection problem between with your computer's display, during an update or installation, etc.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the steps on this article
    to troubleshoot black screen issues on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

I need help. My windows 10 Laptop has the black screen with cursor problem.

1. I need help. My windows 10 Laptop has the black screen with cursor problem. - Similar Threads - need help Laptop

2. Black screen and cursor problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen and cursor problem: When I turn on the PC, since Nov 23, the cursor is attached to a black screen. So when I move the cursor from bottom to top then a black surface covers the screen below the cursor. The issue is not there when using keyboard navigation.I'd find this thread but it doesn't have...
  3. I need help with my laptop, black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with my laptop, black screen with cursor: So, today I tried to open my laptop. I opened it and wanted to open Steam to play something, but it doesnt work. After 1 minute, where I could just move the cursor, my laptop got a black screen with cursor. Nothing works, I searched youtube, google, and doesnt work. Not even...
  4. I need help with my laptop, black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with my laptop, black screen with cursor: So, today I tried to open my laptop. I opened it and wanted to open Steam to play something, but it doesnt work. After 1 minute, where I could just move the cursor, my laptop got a black screen with cursor. Nothing works, I searched youtube, google, and doesnt work. Not even...
  5. Need help with Black Screen and cursor.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help with Black Screen and cursor.: So pretty much ever since I restarted my computer one day, I can not get to the windows login screen. The monitor was working just fine so it can’t be that. When ever I restart cpu it goes to a black screen with a disappearing and reappearing mouse cursor. Ctrl alt dlt or and...
  6. Help my laptop is on black screen with no cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help my laptop is on black screen with no cursor: This started when I clicked go back to previous build. And after it boots into windows but it's just a black screen with no cursor. But when I connect a usb. The notification sound can be heard. Can anyone help submitted by /u/ThisIsSparta__300 [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 Laptop Black Screen with Cursor

Windows 10 Laptop Black Screen with Cursor: My laptop screen is broken, so I dont have any visibility on whats happening, I have ro rely on an HDMI cord to my TV. In goes through the welcome screen as normal, but it takes forever. Then the screen blanks out, reappears the loading in of welcome but it freezes and turns...
  8. Black screen with cursor help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with cursor help: Hello! Today I had this issue when starting up my laptop. When I first opened it there was something like an update going on which I have never seen before,it was not in the windows theme it was in the black screen with the computer's brand logo(Asus in this case). I didn't...
  9. Black Screen Cursor HELP

Black Screen Cursor HELP: So i have the black screen of death, ive tried safe mode i cant open task manager or cmd or anything... I know how it happened I wanted to run a exe but required a file to be in the c drive and since my c drive was full so i changed my c to d and my f to c using an...
  10. Black screen with cursor problem. Need Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor problem. Need Help: Ok. I need some help. I don't know really anything about computers. My daughters computer crashed. Its a Dell Inspiron 1545. I can F2 to the bios screen, but no where can I even find the operating system in the BIOS. The trouble started one morning when we tried to boot it...