Windows 10: i need help reconnecting to a network , accidental switch to wpa to peap

Discus and support i need help reconnecting to a network , accidental switch to wpa to peap in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i was in wifi status widow, clicked wirless properties, was looking at security tab, clicked 802.1x, now i cant reconnect to the network, widows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Joshua Martinez3, Jun 10, 2023.

1. i need help reconnecting to a network , accidental switch to wpa to peap

i was in wifi status widow, clicked wirless properties, was looking at security tab, clicked 802.1x, now i cant reconnect to the network, widows security window pops up, asking for user name and password but i dont understand this. i just know the wifi password and my pc password is a pin but eithe way says cant connect to network

:)

Joshua Martinez3, Jun 10, 2023
  2. mbil Win User

EAP-PEAP on N80 ?

Hi and thx for your input.

There seem to be something that you, or me, are missing:

PEAP is 802.1x.

You write that your: WLAN security Mode: WPA/WPA2

Mine and others in this forum uses :

WLAN security Mode: 802.1x

for PEAP

Anyway, I gave it a try, changing to WPA, but this is a no-go. When I changed I could no longer see the network anymore, hence this for sure is not the right setting.

This also comfirms me in my theory, that PEAP doesnt work at all on N80.

You run WPA and others have reported that WPA works, aswell as Open and WEP.

I have yet to see someone who runs PEAP ...

3. WLAN trouble with PEAP network!

I'm trying to connect to Purdue University Calumet's PEAP Network and I am receiving the Authentication Failed error.

Anybody good with that stuff?

And you can tell me where i'm messing up??

The People incharge of setting up WLAN don't know anything about Symbian Phones, Just they idiots pretty much.

All they knew was Windows Mobile Set up.

Data Bearer: Wlan

Network status: Public

Network Mode: Infrastructure

Security mode: WPA/WPA2

-----

Security Settings:

WPA/WPA2: EAP

WPA2 Only Mode: Off

----

EAP Plug In Settings:

1. EAP-PEAP

----

EAP-PEAP:

Personal Certificate: Not Defined

Authority Certificate: School Uses [Thawte Premium Servers].

Username in use: User Defined

Username: [username]

Realm in use: User Defined

Realm: blank, school doesnt have one.

Allow PEAPv0: YES OR NO??????????????????????

Allow PEAPv1: YES OR NO?????????????????????

Allow PEAPv2: YES OR NO?????????????????????????

be1ieve1111, Jun 10, 2023
  4. i need help reconnecting to a network , accidental switch to wpa to peap

Auto-switching networks

Hi dssds1,

It's possible that your home Wi-Fi network is not set as your preferred network. I suggest removing and reconnecting to your home networks. Follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi.
    2. Click Manage known networks.
    3. Right-click your Wi-Fi network, and click Forget.
    4. Once removed, reconnect to the same network and make sure that the Connect automatically option is checked.
    5. Once connected, right-click your Wi-Fi network, then click Properties.
    6. Make sure that the Connect automatically when in range option is enabled.

Kindly restart your laptop and see if it will reconnect to the network automatically.

Please let me know how it goes so I can help you further if needed.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 10, 2023
Thema:

i need help reconnecting to a network , accidental switch to wpa to peap

1. i need help reconnecting to a network , accidental switch to wpa to peap - Similar Threads - need help reconnecting

2. i need help reconnecting to a network , accidental switch to wpa to peap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need help reconnecting to a network , accidental switch to wpa to peap: i was in wifi status widow, clicked wirless properties, was looking at security tab, clicked 802.1x, now i cant reconnect to the network, widows security window pops up, asking for user name and password but i dont understand this. i just know the wifi password and my pc...
  3. I need help with network connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with network connection: Long story short, i was watchong a movie yesterday and my internet connection stopped working, but cause im sick i didint want to do anything, so i log on my pc today, and i saw that my wi fi doesn't show up, not even the iconAs you can see on photo below, my wifi button...
  4. I need help with network connection

I need help with network connection: Long story short, i was watchong a movie yesterday and my internet connection stopped working, but cause im sick i didint want to do anything, so i log on my pc today, and i saw that my wi fi doesn't show up, not even the iconAs you can see on photo below, my wifi button...
  5. Interpretation of WPA network result

Interpretation of WPA network result: Hi all,I am concerned about my network results shown in WPA.Two questions:1 As you can see on attached screenshot, I send UDP packets to 128 tick game server with expected rate and I can assume that my NIC is working fine, but is it normal that I receive UDP packets with such...
  6. Interpretation of WPA network result

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Interpretation of WPA network result: Hi all,I am concerned about my network results shown in WPA.Two questions:1 As you can see on attached screenshot, I send UDP packets to 128 tick game server with expected rate and I can assume that my NIC is working fine, but is it normal that I receive UDP packets with such...
  7. Interpretation of WPA network result

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. I accidentally reset my network adapter and need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I accidentally reset my network adapter and need help: I accidentally reset my network adapter from a cheat cleaner and now I can’t find nor connect to my Ethernet or any internet and I don’t have WiFi on my pc btw and if I go to the internet tab I see my VPNs pls help submitted by /u/iamsimsim [link] [comments]...
  9. Need help with GPU switching

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with GPU switching: Hello there! Here is my problem: I bought a laptop with a dedicated graphics card and I'd like to play minecraft on it. I only recently noticed that minecraft runs using the integrated intel graphics instead of the dedicated one. Other games work fine with GPU switching but...
  10. 802.1x - PEAP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    802.1x - PEAP: Hi, I have recently started getting windows warning whenever a EAP authentication happens. We haven enabled 802.1x authentication in the switch port and using Cisco ISE as authentication server. The certificate is signed by internal CA and we have the root CA certificate...