Windows 10: I need help regarding resolutions

Discus and support I need help regarding resolutions in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I was using my TV as a monitor for my laptop to watch movies and stuff, I then realized if I change the resolution to the one higher than the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FlauntyPack56, Oct 14, 2020.

1. I need help regarding resolutions

So I was using my TV as a monitor for my laptop to watch movies and stuff, I then realized if I change the resolution to the one higher than the default one on my laptop there are less pixels and it's more clear.

Of course there was some Visible Changes (on the laptop screen) such as icons looking fuzzy and the taskbar being different. I recently changed the resolution back and I'm just using my laptop's screen but it seems that everything hasn't reverted back to normal.

Now at the bottom of the taskbar there is a small space between the bottom of the screen and the actual icons of stuff I have opened now, it wasn't like that before, as well as the icons still being fuzzy.

Is there any way to fix this? Is there a way to reset the display settings to default.

Edit: and I swear some of the icons have changed as well, like they're still what they were originally but it's like a different variation, angle change or something.

submitted by /u/FlauntyPack56
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FlauntyPack56, Oct 14, 2020

2. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Help! Windows 10 changed my resolution and can't see anything!!

Hi Etan,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Monitors can support resolutions that are lower than their native resolutions, but text won't look as sharp and the display might be small, centered on the screen, edged with black, or stretched. It is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display
    to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor. Your screen resolution needs to be at least
    1024x768 to have multiple windows and apps on your screen at the same time.

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to set the Display Resolution on your monitor to the recommended level. Follow the below steps

• Open the Start menu and type Settings in the search bar.
    • Click on System and select Display.
    • Make sure that you have set the Change the size of the text, apps and other items to 100%
      recommended.
    • Click on Advanced display settings.
    • Select the monitor and make sure that you have selected Resolution
      to 1920*1080 Recommended.
    If the issue still persists, then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the display adapter then try to change the screen resolution.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall and reinstall the display drivers.  

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the Display Adapters and select Uninstall.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer to download the latest display adapters.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 14, 2020
  4. I need help regarding resolutions

Screen Resolution

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have a few doubts regarding your Windows 10 screen resolution. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error message or error code on the screen?

• What is the model of your computer?

• Are you able to access the modern apps?

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please reply with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

I need help regarding resolutions

1. I need help regarding resolutions - Similar Threads - need help regarding

2. I need some resolution regarding the following queries if you could assist please regarding...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need some resolution regarding the following queries if you could assist please regarding...: Hello, I am looking to enquire regarding Media Feature Pack for Windows 10/11 N September 2022, does the following pack has all the necessary codecs that I would need for either Audio or Video similar to the Freeware K-Lite Codec Pack ?If is much better could you enlist the...
  3. I need help regarding a random WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help regarding a random WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I recently built my PC and I am getting a random error, but even after getting a better cooler and checking my temperatures and seeing they are in order I keep getting a random WHEA_ERROR but I need help since I can't seem to identify the cause.Here is a drive link to my NFO...
  4. I need help regarding a random WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help regarding a random WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I recently built my PC and I am getting a random error, but even after getting a better cooler and checking my temperatures and seeing they are in order I keep getting a random WHEA_ERROR but I need help since I can't seem to identify the cause.Here is a drive link to my NFO...
  5. Hello I need help with a resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello I need help with a resolution: So bassicly i need help with resoulutions, cus I can only have 3 resolutions without black bars. All other resoulitons have them. And I wanna have streched res ingame like diffrent games but I can just change it in the game but NO when i also change it ingame no blackbars but...
  6. Hello I need help with a resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello I need help with a resolution: So bassicly i need help with resoulutions, cus I can only have 3 resolutions without black bars. All other resoulitons have them. And I wanna have streched res ingame like diffrent games but I can just change it in the game but NO when i also change it ingame no blackbars but...
  7. Need help regarding drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help regarding drivers: So, I have a Sony Vaio laptop purhcase in the year 2012 with windows 8 by default and on 2019, it's hard disk failed. Now, I have purchased a new hdd and installed windows 10. But, I am struck in a tragedy. Neither Windows update install correct driver nor manufacturer have...
  8. need help regarding this error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    need help regarding this error: [ATTACH] can anyone help me with this error as i have no idea what cause it and have no idea on how to solve it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-regarding-this-error/2e3a6fd9-4e81-4a49-80ab-7bba78a05f7c
  9. I need help regarding 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need help regarding 0xc0000225: I have been having trouble and every answer is about going into that troubleshoot menu, however this is all I see.[IMG] I will also mention I have not updated it for around a year...
  10. Need Help regarding these problem

in Cortana
    Need Help regarding these problem: [ATTACH]Need Help[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-regarding-these-problem/4753cd57-6f0e-462c-8761-fc1d35514bef"