Windows 10: I need help resolving some ongoing issues

Discus and support I need help resolving some ongoing issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Applications will randomly close/crash, including google chrome web browser. I am also getting blue screens quite often. I've scanned for malware with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mike MVV, May 29, 2024.

1. Mike MVV Win User

I need help resolving some ongoing issues

Applications will randomly close/crash, including google chrome web browser. I am also getting blue screens quite often. I've scanned for malware with windows defender numerous times, and also malwarebytes, and there's never any malware present. I've used sfc, and DISM multiple times, and it never resolves the issue, as well as powershell. I also tried resetting windows completely, and got a blue screen during that. All drivers are up to date as far as I can tell, bios is also updated to the most recent version. Here's the most recent minidump from trying to install repair version of windows u

:)

Mike MVV, May 29, 2024

2. Could you help resolve camera not working issues?

Hi Astghik,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• When you say ‘’ camera’’ do you refer to webcam?
    • What is the model number of the netbook?
    If you are facing issue with webcam, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I suggest you to run hardware troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue. It will automatically detect the problem and fix it.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Small icon on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Device.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the webcam driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Imaging devices to expand, right click on the
      device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the webcam driver.
    If the still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the webcam driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Imaging devices and right click on it and
      update
      the software.
    If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I recommend you to go to the netbook manufacturer website and download the latest updated webcam driver for Windows 10 and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows 10 try installing the driver in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 29, 2024
  3. mrw1986 Win User
    [Case Gallery]   mrw1986's Rig

Thanks for the suggestion, but after a lot of homework I've decided on the Corsair, this whole list has been ongoing since February and it's my final list *Smile I need help resolving some ongoing issues :)

mrw1986, May 29, 2024
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 29, 2024
Thema:

1. I need help resolving some ongoing issues - Similar Threads - need help resolving

2. I need help resolving some ongoing issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help resolving some ongoing issues: Applications will randomly close/crash, including google chrome web browser. I am also getting blue screens quite often. I've scanned for malware with windows defender numerous times, and also malwarebytes, and there's never any malware present. I've used sfc, and DISM...
  3. If I do a restore point on my Windows 11 desktop, would that help resolve an ongoing issued...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I do a restore point on my Windows 11 desktop, would that help resolve an ongoing issued...: If I do a restore point on my Windows 11 desktop, would that help me resolve an ongoing issue when trying to sign on to my Facebook account?...
  4. If I do a restore point on my Windows 11 desktop, would that help resolve an ongoing issued...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I do a restore point on my Windows 11 desktop, would that help resolve an ongoing issued...: If I do a restore point on my Windows 11 desktop, would that help me resolve an ongoing issue when trying to sign on to my Facebook account?...
  5. Ongoing issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ongoing issue: I have a Dell laptop. I get the black screen critical process died while using it. When it goes to reboot, then the message is no bootable devices found. When I force shutdown, it restarts normal and is fine for a while until bsod appears again. I went through all the steps...
  6. Ongoing issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ongoing issue: I have a Dell laptop. I get the black screen critical process died while using it. When it goes to reboot, then the message is no bootable devices found. When I force shutdown, it restarts normal and is fine for a while until bsod appears again. I went through all the steps...
  7. Need help resolving permission and ownership issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help resolving permission and ownership issues: Hi, I created a topic on this but the person helping me has stopped responding and no one has gotten back to me. I really need help with this as it is preventing me from being able to do things that I need with my stystem. Original topic...
  8. Need some help with PC issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some help with PC issues: So currently my PC won’t let me open a lot of applications, including file explorer. I get the following message “C:\programfiles (X86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\87.0.664.47\msedge.dll is either not designated to run or it contains an error I’ve also tried resetting my PC...
  9. 2 issues I need to resolve.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2 issues I need to resolve.: 1. I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 using the free upgrade a while back. my pc crashed , i restored it and have been stuck with windows 7 again.. BUT my bios still says its using windows 10.. How do i get back to using windows 10? 2. I want to upgrade my HD to an SSD,...
  10. ongoing issues

in Windows 10 Support
    ongoing issues: I did the upgrade from 7 to 10. Had issues and contacted microsoft help. Tech said I needed to create a new profile which they did for me. My start button works in my old profile but I can't access my files there. If I switch profiles to the new one, my start button is...