Windows 10: I need help resolving the THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED bsod issue

Discus and support I need help resolving the THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED bsod issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer randomly restarted when i turned it on. It has the blue screen of death and has the error: THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. I need help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Will Goodnow, Nov 21, 2022.

1. I need help resolving the THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED bsod issue

My computer randomly restarted when i turned it on. It has the blue screen of death and has the error: THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. I need help. Whenever i put it into safe mode it randomly restarts. I dont want to erase all of my data. I have so much important stuff on there.

:)

Will Goodnow, Nov 21, 2022

2. System Thread Exception Not Handled?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

The System Thread Exception Not Handled error in Windows mostly occur due to incompatible or old graphics card drivers. System Thread Exception Not Handled error is often displayed along with the Blue Screen of Death

I suggest you to boot into Safe Mode environment and update your graphic drivers.

Method 1: Update drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters.
    • Right-click on the graphics
      card
      and click on Update driver software.

You may also download the latest graphic drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install them on your computer.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Method 2:

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 21, 2022
  3. BSOD System Thread Exception Not Handled

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you receive BSOD error. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you receive any value or error code with the error?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    This issue may arise due to the following reasons:

• Corrupted device drivers.

• Corruption in Windows registry.

• Driver conflicts.
    It could be better, if I get the exact error code or value to provide advance troubleshooting steps.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to remove all the external devices connected to the computer and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 21, 2022
  4. Riel Alc Win User

I need help resolving the THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED bsod issue

Windows 10 Creator Update 1709 Fails - System Thread Exception Not Handled

Hi George,

The "System Thread Exception Thread Not Handled" error usually occurs due to hardware driver issue. For us to provide more troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any external devices connected to your computer (except for mouse and keyboard)?
    • Are you using a third party anti-virus?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Nov 21, 2022
Thema:

I need help resolving the THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED bsod issue

1. I need help resolving the THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED bsod issue - Similar Threads - need help resolving

2. BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Hello, I was on google chrome with many tabs and application open when my computer gave me a BSOD.I went and updated the graphics driver and the network drivers through device manager. It said I had the best installed one. I looked at the event logger to try and find the...
  3. I need help resolving the THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED bsod issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help resolving the THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED bsod issue: My computer randomly restarted when i turned it on. It has the blue screen of death and has the error: THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. I need help. Whenever i put it into safe mode it randomly restarts. I dont want to erase all of my data. I have so much important stuff on...
  4. I need help resolving the THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED bsod issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help resolving the THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED bsod issue: My computer randomly restarted when i turned it on. It has the blue screen of death and has the error: THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. I need help. Whenever i put it into safe mode it randomly restarts. I dont want to erase all of my data. I have so much important stuff on...
  5. Facing BSOD issue - System thread exception not handled or kmode exception not handled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Facing BSOD issue - System thread exception not handled or kmode exception not handled: My laptop is suddenly facing BSOD issues. Sometimes I get "System thread exception not handled" and sometimes it is "kmode exception not handled". I am unable to identify which driver is causing this issue. Need help in fixing this as it is hampering my work. Please help!!I...
  6. BSOD system thread exception not handled

BSOD system thread exception not handled: Hello :) I recently god this BSOD in an endless loop: STOP CODE: system thread exception not handled win ver: 2004 19041.572 I attach the V2 log as requested. Hopefully you can help me solve this issue. thank you so much! DESKTOP-HOLLOWC-(2020-12-11_20-19-28).zip 170250
  7. BSOD System thread exception not handled

BSOD System thread exception not handled: So, a few weeks ago I had a problem with daily blue screens. That problem got fixed since it was a driver that was the problem. Just now, I had another blue screen but this time it was a differant problem. I looked in the events but unfortantly I cannot see what the problem...
  8. Thread Exception Not Handled BSoD help

Thread Exception Not Handled BSoD help: I recently had a BSoD and was looking for some help about it, because I am quite technically unskilled, use my pc for games mostly. Any help would be appreciated. I have never posted here so unsure what is needed or how to upload....
  9. Help with BSOD System Thread Exception Not Handled crash

Help with BSOD System Thread Exception Not Handled crash: Here is the Link to my dump file. Not the first time it has done this either. I did recently update my GPU drivers and did a check for any others that could possibly be at fault. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AngVlvKW6SMtgwgCEcQEqkR7ngE-?e=dEjb2r Any help would be appreciated,...
  10. BSOD Exception Thread not handled 0x0000007e help?

BSOD Exception Thread not handled 0x0000007e help?: I did a driver verifier and it said driver verifier detected violation. So I am thinking it is a driver issue I just don't know which one? MSINFO and Minidumps. Here is this info if someone could point me to the right direction to look in or tell me what driver is causing...