Windows 10: I need help: Sister's Laptop has a broken Partition Table

Discus and support I need help: Sister's Laptop has a broken Partition Table in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am in some desperate guidance on how to fix my sister's Toshiba Satellite Laptop. Her partition table is either corrupted or broken. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jesse Williams, Apr 7, 2020.

1. I need help: Sister's Laptop has a broken Partition Table

I am in some desperate guidance on how to fix my sister's Toshiba Satellite Laptop. Her partition table is either corrupted or broken. I tried downloading the Minitool Partition software with Rufus to boot from it but each time I boot from it, it says it doesn't have a valid signature and that I need to load some sort of kernel.

I have ordered an SSD for it to make it faster as it was slow prior to the partition table getting messed up.

I really need help ASAP!!

Thanks,

Windows 10 1909

:)

Jesse Williams, Apr 7, 2020
  2. mab1376 Win User

Help, partition table issue!!

Im trying to resize my partition on my laptop to install kubuntu but my partition is corrupted.

it still boots into windows fine but i cant get partition magic to recognize the drive.

i ran partition table doctor 3.0 and it found my old linux partition and didn't recognize my current windows partition, how can i repair this?

right now all i have is one partition as big as the entire drive.

mab1376, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Invalid partition table

Hi Ken,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

1. Are you able to boot up to the desktop?

2. Did you make any changes to the computer recently?

I understand that you get a startup error "Invalid Partition Table". Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would like to inform you that this issue may happen due to system file corruption. As of now, I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines and check if that helps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Cleanupimage

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Apr 7, 2020
  4. I need help: Sister's Laptop has a broken Partition Table

Invalid partition table

Hi Andrew,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to refer to the advice provided by “Andre Da Costa” from this thread to check if that helps.

Invalid Partition Table Windows 10 clean installation from MS USB

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

I need help: Sister's Laptop has a broken Partition Table

1. I need help: Sister's Laptop has a broken Partition Table - Similar Threads - need help Sister's

2. My Windows 11 Laptop has a problem with its partition table

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 Laptop has a problem with its partition table: Hey guys, I am running a Windows 11actually 10, my pc does not support 11 but I am rolling back later laptop.My PC supports UEFI but when i installed Windows I had CSM on so my pc was installed with an MBR disk. I did not worry about it for a few years but recently I tried to...
  3. My Windows 11 Laptop has a problem with its partition table

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 11 Laptop has a problem with its partition table: Hey guys, I am running a Windows 11actually 10, my pc does not support 11 but I am rolling back later laptop.My PC supports UEFI but when i installed Windows I had CSM on so my pc was installed with an MBR disk. I did not worry about it for a few years but recently I tried to...
  4. My PC has broken colors I need help!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has broken colors I need help!!: My PC has broken colors I need help!! I turn off my PC and hour later I turn on my pc and all the colors are broken I didn’t installed or change anything for my PC I don’t know what happened I need help!!...
  5. My PC has broken colors I need help!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC has broken colors I need help!!: My PC has broken colors I need help!! I turn off my PC and hour later I turn on my pc and all the colors are broken I didn’t installed or change anything for my PC I don’t know what happened I need help!!...
  6. The selected disk has an MBR partition table [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    The selected disk has an MBR partition table [Fix]: [IMG]Some users have reported that when they try to install Windows OS on their hard disk, the installation process is interrupted. As soon as they press the Install now button in the Windows Setup process, the Windows installation fails, and the Windows Setup shows Windows...
  7. Corrupted Partition Table

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corrupted Partition Table: How do I fix a hard drive with a broken partition table, I have tried the following: *diskpart - tried cleaning it with this but failed * - list volume it only shows my USB which is the one I am using to install Windows *bootrec /fixmbr - Gives me "access...
  8. Need help :( laptop broken rn

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help :( laptop broken rn: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ValiencexD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/egx8sb/need_help_laptop_broken_rn/
  9. Invalid partition table

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Invalid partition table: I have just cloned a hard drive using Macrium Reflect. Normally this works perfectly but this time, on start with the new drive installed I get a message that says 'Invalid partition table!' I can hit <enter> and proceed into the system. I would like to get rid of this...
  10. Broken partition table but somehow it's still working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Broken partition table but somehow it's still working: Hi guys I was using the diskpart command to clean some linux partitions from a USB drive and somehow it seems that the partitions copied to my laptop hard drive. *Confused My original SSD setup was roughly: C: 80GB D: 420GB Now you can see the crazy setup I'm left...