Windows 10: I need help to change the InputLocale and UserLocale at system level

Discus and support I need help to change the InputLocale and UserLocale at system level in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I need help to change the InputLocale and UserLocale at system level. <InputLocale>ja-JP</InputLocale> <SystemLocale>ja-JP</SystemLocale>... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by deep, Nov 20, 2018.

1. deep Win User

I need help to change the InputLocale and UserLocale at system level

Hi,
    I need help to change the InputLocale and UserLocale at system level.
    <InputLocale>ja-JP</InputLocale>
    <SystemLocale>ja-JP</SystemLocale>
    <UILanguage>ja-JP</UILanguage>
    <UserLocale>ja-JP</UserLocale>

I have taken care of SystemLocale(Set-WinSystemLocale ja-JP) and UILanguage(reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MUI\Settings" /v "PreferredUILanguages" /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d "ja-JP" /f) but i am struggling with inputlocale and userlocale
    Following is scenario:
    1)I have running window10 virtual machine, this vm i clone(everthing gets copy including settings).
    2) I have to create window10 image from this running vm for japanese language.
    3) I have installed japanese language pack with "dism" tool and set the default language to japanese by using below registry command
    reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MUI\Settings" /v "PreferredUILanguages" /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d "ja-JP" /f
    (i found above registry after lot of google search)
    4) this works fine, however i am not able to set default inputlocale, and userlocale to japanese at system level(not based on user account, so that every created account by default should have these setting)
    5) I have tried powershell command like Set-WinUserLanguageList but these are user account specific and and "DISM" works for only offline image. i need something like
    "Set-WinSystemLocale ja-JP" which is at computer level. i must automate this thing(either powershell or regedit via batch script)

Please help

:)

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 20, 2018
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Nov 20, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

1. I need help to change the InputLocale and UserLocale at system level - Similar Threads - need help change

2. Need help with system crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with system crash: I've got a PC which is mainly for gaming but the system always crashes when I am not playing any games. The error code is KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUP and I've attached the dumped error files. Thank you.Dumped File...
  3. I need help with changing my system time on windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need help with changing my system time on windows: So my problem is that i want to change my system time from a 24 hour time to a 12 hour time. The problem is that when i try to it gives me no way to actually change it to the 24 hour time and it is forever stuck on 12 hour time, this arose when i clean installed windows and i...
  4. need help with audio levels in windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    need help with audio levels in windows 10: I try to set the levels in windows were I set it and it never saves and can not click apply. .https://i.imgur.com/8c23Udi.png This is the menu I am having issues with the mic in at rear panel and the boost. submitted by /u/pc_master_race_yeet [link] [comments]...
  5. i need help with changeing a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i need help with changeing a file: hello i have Ben doing a lot of research with google chrome and Microsoft edge but no results where helpful. what i have Ben trying to do is change a .jar game file into a file i need to have it work on a console called game boy advance trying to get modified. the game i got...
  6. Need help with system restore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with system restore: My laptop was running the fan at maximum speed today and the CPU Usage also 100%. So I tried to do a System restore, but it has been 1.5 hours and it is still running . My laptop has a 1TB HDD. Do I need to wait more or Do I shut it down forcefully. What is the normal time to...
  7. Problem with unattend.xml and Inputlocale

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with unattend.xml and Inputlocale: Hi there, I'm preparing image for company that i work for. Everything is OK but I need to specify 3 different keyboards: en-US, bg-BG and bg-BG Phonetic Traditional. I double and triple check that keyboard layout hexadecimal values are 0409:00000409; 0402:00000402;...
  8. I need to change the default system language

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need to change the default system language: I bought a PC from a friend, it has Windows 10, but the PC has the language in Spanish and I need to change the default system language from Spanish to English...
  9. [WinPE] WinPE_OCs and /Set-InputLocale

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    [WinPE] WinPE_OCs and /Set-InputLocale: WinPE, includes: + <arch>\WinPE_OCs\filename.cab (neutral packages) + <arch>\WinPE_OCs\lang-lang\filename.cab (lp.cab + existing language specific packages for same as neutral packages) WinPE language: en-US Keyboard layout: fi-FI ( dism /Set-InputLocale:fi-FI )...
  10. Need help with operating system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help with operating system: Hi I had put an operating system on a flash drive a while back I have a question once you download it to another computer does it take it off the flash drive or can it be used again? Also when you don't have an operating system how do you install OS using a flash...